Can't seem to lose my last 5lbs - Check out my diary please!

Options
Hi there!
I can't seem to lose my last 5lbs, which is why I joined MFP. So, I was wondering if you all could check out my diary and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I try to eat low-carb/low-calorie and always whole foods :)

My exercise routine is that I run at least 30mins every day and do weight lifting 3 times a week (which I don't log).

I need some help!

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    you are eating less than 600 cals per day....What are you trying to do, starve yourself?
    You will not lose 5lbs of fat that way, you will lose muscle and do serious damage to yourself....
    Eat more, you only have 5lbs to lose - set your stats to losing .5lbs per week and stick to it - you will probaby gain at first - all due to the damage you already did to your body....
    I just saw on your profile that you have issues with anorexia - PLEASE get some professional help - you are not doing yourself any favours....
  • rjh1975
    rjh1975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but just at a quick glance, it doesn't look like you're eating enough. You're only taking in 550-800 calories on any given day. Your body could be going into "starvation" mode and holding onto each and every calorie you give it. I would make sure to be eating at least 1200 calories worth of food every day...
  • Squeekycat
    Options
    The only problem is that I'm not hungry. I almost have to force myself to eat what I do.

And honestly, the thought of eating more scares me. I'm worried that I'll go back to what I used to weigh or that my stomach with bloat/puff out :(
    I don't know what to do...
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Go get help - start with your doctor if you don't know where else to go ....
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with what everyone else here is saying. Your diet needs improvement. I know you think that eating more than 1200 a day will make you gain weight but it won't I have several MFP female friends that eat 2000+ calories a day and they're still losing weight. Keep the workouts but up your calories to compensate for the work or else you'll be spinning your wheels for nothing. It's not as hard as you're making it out to be.
  • Squeekycat
    Options
    What will happen initially when I start to eat more? Like, will I bloat really badly, or will all the fat go to my stomach?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    The only problem is that I'm not hungry. I almost have to force myself to eat what I do.

And honestly, the thought of eating more scares me. I'm worried that I'll go back to what I used to weigh or that my stomach with bloat/puff out :(
    I don't know what to do...

Animals (including humans) who are starving lose their appetites.

You should never be scared of 'eating more' when you are not eating enough to maintain your body weight. You really do need to think hard about what you're doing to yourself and why.
  • Squeekycat
    Options
    How do you suggest that I eat more without getting bloating or gaining?
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    If you are having trouble eating larger meals, eat small portions 6-8 times per day....and you need to at least double what you are eating. Your body is in starvation mode...you might even start to gain weight....I did.

You should also consult with a dietician and doctor.
  • skopp18
    Options

Eat more HEALTHY stuff.

At a quick glance, you're eating the same thing every day and very little calories.

First, I really think that egg yolks helps you lose weight. I lost the last 10lbs before when I was losing weight eating 2 full eggs every morning. I read an article that it helps. It's a good source of protein, too. Try changing it up and starting your days sometimes with 2 eggs.

Second, don't eat the same thing every day. Your body is getting used to it.

Try cycling calories. Eat 1500 one day, 1000 another day, 1200 another day, etc. Don't eat less than 1200 calories. If you're afraid to gain weight from that, work out more.

Finally, cut out starchy carbs (fruits and veggies are ok) and sodium to keep from bloating.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    What will happen initially when I start to eat more? Like, will I bloat really badly, or will all the fat go to my stomach?

no if you eat more food followed by doing anerobic activity (high intensity) the body will add shape and muscle to your frame and be much better off from a health perspective.. if you want more info just add me or send me a message.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options

Eat a healthy amount of healthy foods-foods that have a lot of nutritional value and protein, fats, and carbs. Exercise and eat back all your exercise calories, and pay attention to your measurements and not just the scale.
  • iWaffle
    Options
    Eat good nutritious foods that don't have tons of simple carbs (sugars) and aren't too high in fat (fried stuff). Protein is a great food source that helps you retain muscle mass while you diet and it makes you feel fuller. You want to keep that muscle because it keeps your metabolism running higher and it makes you look awesome.
    No, you won't blow up like a cow. Will the fat go to your stomach? You're not going to gain weight if you're eating under what your body needs so no. Don't obsess about the scale so much. Measurements are more important than anything and your weight can fluctuate a few pounds each day depending on your hydration levels and the amount of waste in your intestines. Neither one of these have anything to do with looking good and healthy even though they might make the scale seem higher for a day or two.

Check out my friend's diary. She eats a ton and is in fantastic shape. You should follow her example on how it's done.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/almondbuttalovah
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Your profile says recovered from anorexia but eating 600 or less calories a day and exercising those off is not recovered. Please seek help to get your head in the right place. No one here is qualified to help with an ED.
  • Squeekycat
    Options
    My problem isn't eating larger meals, it's eating more in general.

My question really is, at what rate should I increase calories per day/week to prevent water weight or bloating. I know that if I suddenly eat 1200cal tomorrow that I'll blow up like a balloon and feel awful
  • Squeekycat
    Options

Check out my friend's diary. She eats a ton and is in fantastic shape. You should follow her example on how it's done.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/almondbuttalovah

Wow, she's beautiful!

How does she eat so much and stay so thin? If you don't mind, could you please tell me her workout routine?
  • iWaffle
    Options
    How does she eat so much and stay so thin? If you don't mind, could you please tell me her workout routine?
    Ask her. I think she's online atm.
    My question really is, at what rate should I increase calories per day/week to prevent water weight or bloating.
    First of all I would up it to at least 1000 net calories. Then adjust it up about 100 a week until you find the magic spot that works for you. Again, don't worry so much about water weight. It isn't real or permanent. Do you freak when you drink a glass of water? Na, it doesn't count. Just because your body holds onto more one day over the next isn't anything to worry about.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

My question really is, at what rate should I increase calories per day/week to prevent water weight or bloating. I know that if I suddenly eat 1200cal tomorrow that I'll blow up like a balloon and feel awful

No you won't. You don't need to eat high volume of food, eat higher calorie food. Full fat yogurts, full fat milk, cheese, nuts, eggs, red meat, avocado, nut butters. Just replace some of the things you eat now with higher calorie choices.
  • Squeekycat
    Options

No you won't. You don't need to eat high volume of food, eat higher calorie food. Full fat yogurts, full fat milk, cheese, nuts, eggs, red meat, avocado, nut butters. Just replace some of the things you eat now with higher calorie choices.

Mentally, I don't think I could do that...
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I recommend you go back to your doctor because, psychologically, I don't think you have fully recovered from your disorder. I don't know if you went through a supervised refeeding but if you haven't changed your relationship with food and been properly educated as to what food - specifically energy from calories - does for you, then you are in danger of relapsing.

If you want, read this abstract. It's about the disproportionate gains in fat vs lean body mass which occurs in persons with disordered eating and others who lost huge amounts of weight rapidly on a VLCD:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8696417