C25K vs. Couch-to-5k (from Active.com)

Options
2»

Replies

• fostmom
    Options
    I'm currently using the Ease into 5K app and I love it. I'm on week four and had never done any running before. It's challenging, but very good.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Back when I did a day or two a few months ago, I was using Zen Labs. It's free and works fairly well.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I use the one from zhen labs
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I used 5K runner http://heavydutyapps.com/5k-runner/ and loved it and am currently using their 10K app http://heavydutyapps.com/10k-runner/ now. I do recommend that if you ever plan on running more than a 5K to just start off with the 10K one since it's the exact same program for weeks 1-8 as 5K runner.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I didn't use an app, but I used the program at Cool Running.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I used C25K Lite. It worked well for me.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I didn't use any app. I just went by the treadmill version from c25k.com and had a cheat sheet of when to walk and when to run.

I do this - I take my little square w/me to the gym each day. I tried to download a podcast or whatever but am apparently too technology challenged to figure out where it went or how to use it.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I use the free Zen Labs app and it works great.

That's the one I use too...I love it!
  • ambate2
    Options
    I got the RunDouble app for my phone. The first 2 weeks were free then I paid like $1 for the rest of the program. I liked it. I wouldn't pay anything more than $2 tops for an app. I say try a free one, and if you don't like it, try a different one. There are a TON of different apps out there.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I use the free Zen Labs app and it works great.

I have used the Zen Labs edition as well and have had no trouble with it at all. I'll be finishing my first full week tomorrow morning.
  • audreykts
    audreykts Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been using the 5k101 podcast but it is also an iphone app where you can listen to your own music. I tried c25k a few times before but was never able to get past week 3. I am currently on week 6 and will soon move on to week 7. Good luck with what ever you choose!

ETA: 5k101 is by Running Mate and it's free
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I used the free one from Zen Labs also - never had any problems with the app or the program. Completed it in the allotted time last March, and I'm still running. :bigsmile: