Favorite Chicken Breast Marinades or toppings?

Options

Replies

• rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Bump for the interesting ideas!
  • jrszucs
    Options
    You shouldn't be eating meat if you want to remain health. Watch the movie, "Forks Over Knives".
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I usually marinade it in something with a little oil, water, vinegar (cider, white, rice), mustard (usually Maille whole grain or dijon), salt, pepper, garlic (minced or powdered) and whatever spices I like, have on hand fresh or grab from the drawer.

This is something I made last night that was VERY good though:

Steam about a cup of chopped broccoli
    Grill a 4oz piece of chicken breast (This was half a breast for me. I used the George Foreman - no oil, no marinade)
    Chop up the chicken and mix with the broccoli
    Add grated parmesan, cracked black pepper, garlic powder and lemon juice and mix
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Easiest chicken ever and large portions... (6 ounce portion) and did i mention.. SUPER YUMMY?

---> http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1169328302378355693#editor/target=post;postID=4470110024317438864

Also several other recipes there. This is my blog for anyone interested.. I eat "normal" foods, using portion control. These are some of the recipies my family and I love. Even some comfort foods in there! *gasps heard from the green eaters* lol :wink:

Anyhoo.. I suggest trying also the Chicken Salsa Verde.. but beware, that stuff is ADDICTIVE.. you need serious control not to over eat it. LOL I love it!!

Going to be adding some more recipes soon, once the cold weather gives me the blah's and i need some mind stimulation.. lol.

HINT: If you like the recipes, sign up for email notifications. Make a folder in your email called RECIPES. If you have a smart phone, you can access the RECIPE folder while shopping, and you have your recipe, and all the ingredients right there at your fingertips for shopping! I never spam your email and you ONLY get the blog updates in your email, which is like.. maybe one or two a month.. i dont write them often. lol
  • kureiko
    kureiko Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Some really tasty ideas in this thread! :D
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    All these ideas are great!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Bump..yummy recipes!!!
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Paprika + thyme + olive oil
    http://www.cookincanuck.com/2009/10/smoked-paprika-chicken-with-red-skinned/

Lemon juice + garlic + salt + pepper + oregano
    http://www.marthastewart.com/338118/lemon-roasted-chicken-with-arugula-salad

Chinese five-spice powder + salt + garlic + olive oil (CURRENT FAVOURITE!!)
    http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2009/04/five_spice_roast_chicken

Yogurt + olive oil + lemon juice + Sriracha + garlic + salt + pepper
    http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2012/01/crispy-rosemary-sriracha-chicken-thighs-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • llgisme711
    Options
    bump
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Bumping because there are so many great ideas here.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I grill a lot, so I have a lot of fun experimenting with different flavors/seasonings in marinades. This is my favorite one for chicken...comes out moist & delicious every time! Enjoy! :)

- 1/3c olive oil
    - 2/3c reduced-sodium soy sauce
    - 1/4c lemon juice
    - 2 Tbsp. liquid smoke
    - 2 Tbsp. spicy brown or dijon mustard
    - 2 tsp. ground black or red pepper
    - 1 Tbsp. minced garlic (or garlic powder)
    - 1 Tbsp. honey (or brown sugar)

ETA: A little of this goes quite a long way...it's enough for 5-6 medium sized chicken breasts.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Although it adds sodium and calories, I find a salt and sugar rub overnight makes for more wonderful chicken.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I love to mix Honey, Soy, Garlic, Ginger and Peanuts to chicken, goes down very nicely with brown rice, sweet potato, broccoli, spinach and beans :)

yum! I'll have to try this!
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    If you have a good nonstick pan, sauté about a cup or so of sliced mushrooms, bake chicken as you described, take out of the oven top with honey mustard (recipe follows) sautéed mushrooms, one slice of Pan cooked bacon (only about 20 calories if you only use one slice) and cover with 1 oz of Cabot 60 calorie sharp cheddar. Return to the oven and melt the cheese, it's a lighter version of Alice springs chicken from outback, and it's awesome.

For honey mustard, mix 1/4c plain Greek dressing, 1 tbsp grey poupon Dijon mustard, and 1 tbsp honey.

This is fantastic! I love Alice Springs Chicken and I haven't had it in ages because it's so calorie/fat heavy. Thanks for the idea!!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Most of my ideas have already been talked out, but will follow this thread for yummy recipes.

Mixing a little parmesan cheese and spices with greek yogurt and spreading it on chicken to bake is very tasty.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Great tips!
  • bodyrollin
    bodyrollin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Err Greek yogurt not dressing...sorry
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Favorite marinade: lime margarita mix. Try soaking chicken in it overnight before baking. It's amazing, especially with a glob of salsa on top, and a sprinkle of cheese added in the last five minutes.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump