A rant about ''friends''

Options
Stace5
Stace5 Posts: 70 Member
Sorry for the moan but this is bugging me....

I've just deleted a whole load of guys from my friends list, purely because i started to notice they ONLY had female friends! I'll happily friend anybody as long is it's for the right reasons, but to me only having friends of the opposite sex seems very creepy, and i don't want people on my friends list purely because they want to ogle pictures, there are other sites for that!!!

If you are genuinely here for motivation and support why wouldn't you at least have some friends of the same sex / similar height, weight build etc.... or friends with similar goals.

That said, if you have the right intentions i do not mind friending you :)

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    That is a great reason to defriend "friends". I feel the same way. Of course... I don't think anyone would be friending me to "ogle pictures". :laugh:
  • beccannes
    Options

I've just deleted a whole load of guys from my friends list, purely because i started to notice they ONLY had female friends! I'll happily friend anybody as long is it's for the right reasons, but to me only having friends of the opposite sex seems very creepy, and i don't want people on my friends list purely because they want to ogle pictures, there are other sites for that!!!

If you are genuinely here for motivation and support why wouldn't you at least have some friends of the same sex / similar height, weight build etc.... or friends with similar goals.

I complely agree!! My husband gets female friend requests (like 10 a week) and I told him that the majority of these people request to be his friend b/c he's such a hottie! I think that is ridicoulous and that motivation should be the main focus here as well!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I think, I only have 2 male friends :tongue: They're awesome though!
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Maybe your male friends had an allergy? You never know.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have not friended anyone in a very long time. All my friends were requests to be my friend. The fact that most of them are ladies is not my fault. Don't judge. It's not fair. I'm not a friend collector. Everyone needs motivation. Whatever motivates one person, may not be the same motivation for another. Cheers.
  • Stace5
    Options

I complely agree!! My husband gets female friend requests (like 10 a week) and I told him that the majority of these people request to be his friend b/c he's such a hottie! I think that is ridicoulous and that motivation should be the main focus here as well!

I would have to agree that you are probably right, I'm not saying we can't friend attractive people, but i'm usually drawn to request people if they make a witty comment or discuss things i'm interested in on the forums, i came to this site to lose weight and get fit, not to seek attention and flirt with people.
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    people on here are trying to achieve the record of having the most friends on MFP.

there arent quite as many guys on here as there are women, so i dont find it creepy.
  • Stace5
    Options
    I have not friended anyone in a very long time. All my friends were requests to be my friend. The fact that most of them are ladies is not my fault. Don't judge. It's not fair. I'm not a friend collector. Everyone needs motivation. Whatever motivates one person, may not be the same motivation for another. Cheers.

It was more the fact that they did not have ONE male friend that made me defriend them, especially as some of them had hundreds of friends. That to me seems very odd.
  • neverstray
    Options

It was more the fact that they did not have ONE male friend that made me defriend them, especially as some of them had hundreds of friends. That to me seems very odd.

MFP doubles as a dating site. So, there's that aspect of it. :) For us single guys, it can be fun. It's not all innocent you know.
  • Stace5
    Options

MFP doubles as a dating site. So, there's that aspect of it. :) For us single guys, it can be fun. It's not all innocent you know.

I'm not saying that it can't, everyone's welcome to have their fun, but i personally only want friends for motivation and support, I have no interest in using it as a dating site.
  • neverstray
    Options

I'm not saying that it can't, everyone's welcome to have their fun, but i personally only want friends for motivation and support, I have no interest in using it as a dating site.

...and I totally respect that. I have lots of women friends that are happily married and all that. It's no big deal to me. I love the motivation some of them give me, and I try to help them when they need a good kick in the *kitten*. Eh. I guess it's a non-issue for me. Doesn't matter.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I'll defriend anyone if they get creepy lol!
  • Jongfaith
    Options
    Yeah I have defriended people in my real life over excess creepiness and it has nothing to do with the gender of that person. Never here but sure I could see that happening.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Considering this site is overloaded with females, I don't find it creepy nor would I make an assumption about someone based on who is on their FL.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    :In my best jacwhite voice:

You have pretty hair, I bet it smells nice.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

heh.
    just take me now.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I get at LEAST 10 FR's a week, almost all of them females. I have an auto-accept policy for most mens and for the females I check the profile and see if they're supportive, their eating habits etc.

STILL with all this care, if you look at my friends list you would say that I'm a creeper who collects females, een though I rarely send any females an FR.

The ratio of men to women on this site is ridiculous. Do not judge anyone based on this
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

all he says to me is "Only YOU can prevent wild fire"

Of course, he knows that, thats all he needs to say to me :)
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Hi Taunto.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

Ditto to this.