A rant about ''friends''

Options

Replies

• FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have not friended anyone in a very long time. All my friends were requests to be my friend. The fact that most of them are ladies is not my fault. Don't judge. It's not fair. I'm not a friend collector. Everyone needs motivation. Whatever motivates one person, may not be the same motivation for another. Cheers.

Ditto to this.

same.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    boo hoo
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what's to rant about, you didn't like it so deleted them, end of.

People send FR for different reasons, I don't send many but when I do I have various reasons for doing so.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I was going to mention that a there is a lot more females than males that populate this site, but I have turned down requests because they didn't have male friends at all before. I do have one friend like that and a couple that are close to it. The one that doesn't have any is starting to train for a marathon and I'm doing my first half a week from tomorrow so that's the only reason I accepted his FR. I mostly just don't comment on their stuff unless it's diet/fitness related and they can ogle all their little groupies pics if that's what they're into.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I can't say I have ever scanned through the friends list of any of my MFP friends, male or female. So, I have no idea if they have only female friends. Trolling through their lists seems a little creepy to me. :laugh:
  • Stace5
    Stace5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I can't say I have ever scanned through the friends list of any of my MFP friends, male or female. So, I have no idea if they have only female friends. Trolling through their lists seems a little creepy to me. :laugh:

Its actually something I started to notice in general, so I did a quick scan of their list for this reason only. I'm not desperate for friends so if people just want to 'collect' friends without actually communicating then it's my choice to delete them.

Why one earth would a middle aged man only want to be friends with people that could be deemed as young attractive females if it's not to creep. I'm not saying people can't be friends but what on earth is wrong with having at least SOME friends with similar goals.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    This is why I have "decoy" friends.

But seriously, it is your choice. Some women don't want any male friends on MFP. Do what suits you.
  • Stace5
    Options
    This is why I have "decoy" friends.

But seriously, it is your choice. Some women don't want any male friends on MFP. Do what suits you.

Haha you're obviously a smart guy... :) either that or a very experienced creep.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    6% of the people on my very tiny friends list are dudes.

does that meet with your approval, or should i take corrective action? :huh:
  • Stace5
    Options

Like I said... It's 0% that's bothers me, something about that just puts me off.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

Like I said... It's 0% that's bothers me, something about that just puts me off.

so i guess you're not a big fan of fat free milk then, huh?

:tongue:
  • wholelottarosa
    Options
    I don't really see the problem. In real life, most of my friends are male. I'm not a girly girl and I don't want to have to talk about girly topics. Some of my guy friends mostly hang out with women, because they're not into the whole bromance thing. It's not a flirty thing, it's just a preference. Besides, on this site there's so many more women than men that it's hard to have more guy friends.

It could be that you are right, it could also be you are reading too much into this. If it disturbs you, just delete them and be done with it.
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I only have female friends and i dont feel im creepy. I rarely look at peoples profiles and only talk to most ppl on there status just to motivate them with a "way to go" or something. I had one male friends i defriended him because he posted a status ever min, seriously, he treated this like twitter or facebook. He was annoying, im not here to look at pic, im here to motivate. Also to me, it seems like the females get more out of the motivation than the men imo.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I have many male friends, and they're absolutely awesome. :smile:
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I've noticed there are a lot of "chubby chasers" on this website. Then there are the gentlemen that are actually trying to lose weight and those are the ones that I have mounds of respect for **women alike**..
  • Subowski
    Options
    Hey, do what I do.....be incredibly self-absorbed, dull, sarcastic and un-likeable, and have no internet friends OR real friends. All my friends loathe me, problem solved......hurrah!!!

That, or make your profile picture a weird eyeball.
  • mwoods5716
    mwoods5716 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Women will reach out to anyone, men and other women. But men just naturally feel more comfortable reaching out to women. I personally don't care if they're only friends with other women, its perfectly normal as far as I'm concerned. I'm not hot, so maybe that's why I don't care, but whatever, I'll friend anyone regardless of their other friends.
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Women will reach out to anyone, men and other women. But men just naturally feel more comfortable reaching out to women. I personally don't care if they're only friends with other women, its perfectly normal as far as I'm concerned. I'm not hot, so maybe that's why I don't care, but whatever, I'll friend anyone regardless of their other friends.

I Agree, it would feel akward to ask a man to be my friend, lol
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Considering this site is overloaded with females, I don't find it creepy nor would I make an assumption about someone based on who is on their FL.

i so agree, unless every single girl on that list was in a bikini, lol
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying that it can't, everyone's welcome to have their fun, but i personally only want friends for motivation and support, I have no interest in using it as a dating site.

This sounds like the perspective of someone already in a relationship. Try to put yourself in the shoes of someone who is not. Do you know how difficult it is to meet compatible singles? The dating websites are inefficient (largely ineffective as well), the bar scene is a waste, Meetups are usually not that much better than random bar nights. The best means is working the friend of friend network to find dates. But what is your friend of friend network is weak? I see no reason not to use MFP as a way of finding dates, because there's likely some degree of compatibility. As far as the web goes, I think it is a better option than the dating websites. Given all that, dating is not my focus, but if I were to find a compatible single person on here in my age range and location, I'd be interested.