When do you post your calories???

Options
Morning????
When you eat them???
Night???

I normally post my calorie when I eat them??? What say ye???

Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I pre-track my breakfast and lunch in the morning most of the time during the week. I very rarely eat before I track, even if I'm tracking it right before I put it in my mouth.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Usually right after the meal....but sometimes not tip the end of the day. Its easy to forget stuff that way though.
  • MrFitness972
    MrFitness972 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I pre-track my breakfast and lunch in the morning most of the time during the week. I very rarely eat before I track, even if I'm tracking it right before I put it in my mouth.

Seems like you've had great success!!!!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Right before I eat, usually while cooking.
  • CarolinaMoon76
    Options
    Usually the night before so that I know what I am eating for meals.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I log after each meal, snack, etc.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When I eat them
  • nicsalt
    nicsalt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I log as I go, usually before I eat the food so if that item will put me over in any way I can make a better choice. I have also started pre-logging and planning out my meals and snacks for the next day. It really helps to keep me on track.

I think if you wait until the end of the day it is way too easy to forget what you've had and/or over eat and you won't know until it's too late.

Good luck.
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Right after I eat. If I wait, I'll forget!
  • pagoubupa
    pagoubupa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Usally at the end of the day, but sometimes directly after eating.
  • sazroy
    sazroy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I plan my entire week out before it starts.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, lunch and any snacks are pretty small, so i log them when i eat them, or as im eating them... supper i log as a recipe, because i make entire meals for my family.. this way i can use portion control and everyone in my family gets proper portions and eats the proper amounts... if anyone wants more, they eat fresh fruit, more veggies or a salad! House rules!!! lol
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I almost always pre-track my meals. I set my goals for the meals at 300/breakfast, 500/lunch and 700/dinner. This way I can "get" the most out of my meals with out going over.
  • susehocking
    susehocking Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I try to log as I eat, although, if I know exactly what I am ingesting for breakfast (which is usually the same each morning) I'll pre-log. I try VERY hard to not leave logging til later (unless I am in a situation where staring at my phone would be considered rude - at a dinner party say) as I will almost certainly forget.

I am still learning which foods are worth the calories, so choosing a new snack or meal can take me a long time, but once I find what I want I log it and eat it straight away.

I am a most forgetful person LOL
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I have only one rule and it has worked well for me. RULE#1 Never never never eat anything before it is logged. if you do this you will not go over by accident EVER
  • risenonlytofall
    Options
    I put my breakfast and lunch in as I'm eating them which is easy since I always have one of three things, and then I'll calculate a few options for dinner before I start cooking and decide which one I like best. Dinner takes me a lot longer to figure out since I always have something different and a lot of the time I have to input it ingredient by ingredient.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Usually before I eat them.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I try to pre plan so that I can make changes if I feel the need.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I post right before, during, or immediately after eating. I'm kinda forgetful.
  • johnieC
    Options
    i log my lunch the night before while im getting it together for the next day at work , & dinner & snacks i log as im fixing the plates