When do you post your calories???

Options

Replies

• katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    As I go. Frequently during the meal on my phone or because I eat at the computer on weekends. I also use Bodymedia's website, so I usually log on one or the other and then add to the other site when I have time.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I post when I eat or drink...I've got my cell with net when I'm not home......
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    :smile: I post them at night for the next day , it reallly helps me to stay on track
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    Right before I eat, usually while cooking.

Thissss!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I track on the go with my phone. But, most days are pre-planned the night before. That way I can make sure I'm going to hit my numbers. And, it avoids making decisions when I'm hungry.
  • lvdesertdiva
    lvdesertdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I pre-track my breakfast and lunch in the morning most of the time during the week. I very rarely eat before I track, even if I'm tracking it right before I put it in my mouth.

^^^^ This ^^^^

This works for me, then I know how to portion/adjust my dinner when I sit down with the family.
  • prettygonetatty
    Options
    usually the night before, so i can work out exactly when i can have some cake

F***ing Legend!
  • Strongisthenewskny
    Options
    I usually try and post my calories in the morning. That way I know what my plan is for the day. The only thing I really wait on is dinner, and that's because I usually don't know what I'm fixing. :p
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I pre-log everything I know I'll be having that day first thing so I know how much I have to play with. Don't want to have a few pieces of fruit with lunch only to then discover I can't make what I got out for dinner without going over.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Right before I eat, usually while cooking.

Me too
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I track them on mobile after the meal, sometimes before the meal (before works best, I don't forget anything.)

If I don't have time to track everything, I snap a pic and remember what I had later. lol.

Usually I log during the cooking process, and sometimes I already know what I will have for breakfast the next day so I prelog it.
  • jennyvondoom
    jennyvondoom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I always use my phone because I can walk around and scan exact packages. I usually log the night before sometime in the evening when I have some free time. I have even gone as far as to do a couple days out at once just because it makes meal planning easier. But I find that if I treat it like they say you are supposed to treat getting your things ready for school in the morning as a kid that it is much less stressful. I don't have to stop and think "I need to eat breakfast... I should eat this... but I want to have that." I don't have to think because I already know that when I was full from dinner and in my right mind that I budgeted for a kind bar and yogurt for breakfast because that was the healthy choice, not the sausage egg and cheese croissant.
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I track the next day the night before. I always know what I've got in my kitchen and so it makes it much easier to plan it all out on my fitness pal and check that it all fits within my boundaries and to my plan! It also means that if I add anything I have to go through the shame of putting it in and watching my numbers turn red :( It helps me to stay on track and focused.
    Em xx
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Monday thru Friday I log breakfast. lunch and dinner before I eat breakfast. During the week I always know what Im fixing for dinner before I leave for work (and I eat breakfast at work) That way I know what I have left for the day if I'm in the mood for a snack. Weekends are a little different, but its always logged as soon as I finish eating
  • midnight333
    Options
    I've been pre-planning lately. so far so good. It helps me stay on track and within my calorie limit.
    I usually pre-plan for a couple days if not a week if possible. My diary is public if you want to check it out.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I make all of my food for the following day at work before I go to bed, so I enter everything that I've made/packed into my diary for that day. Then anything that I may eat during the day outside of what I packed I either log as I eat it, or I log before I eat it to see if it fits with my calories and macros.

I typically try to plan out my dinner by about 1pm and get that entered in so that I can make sure that my day is shaping up how I want it to.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I make all of my food for the following day at work before I go to bed, so I enter everything that I've made/packed into my diary for that day. Then anything that I may eat during the day outside of what I packed I either log as I eat it, or I log before I eat it to see if it fits with my calories and macros.

I typically try to plan out my dinner by about 1pm and get that entered in so that I can make sure that my day is shaping up how I want it to.

Pretty much this, although I sometimes even log a few days in advance just to figure out what to buy for my weekly shop!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I log after each meal, snack, etc.

The same here.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Usually every morning I log in and track breakfast and lunch and snacks... then around 4-5 I log in before dinner and log dinner and finish my day
  • makenoexcuses
    makenoexcuses Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I usually post them while I eat, because I can never truly predict how much of a portion I will eat. Some nights I will just not be "that hungry".