people are so ignorant and rediuclous!

Options
124»

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    :wink: :tongue:
    I'm just glad that so many of us feel the same. So hopefully there are people there that are sticking up for her.

How is my punctuation and spelling on this one aye!? Lol. I hope I used the right "there" lol.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    From what I read, both girls attend the same high school. It bothers me that they are not allowing the lesbian who chooses to wear a tux. How can they restrict what dress attire a girl wears to her own prom? And while both girls could go to the prom as individuals, it becomes an issue when it's formally a "date"? It's not like the kids at school are going to be shocked when they show up together... they go to school with them already and the girls are openly a couple.

I think it is over the top to cancel the prom as well. As the girl in question said, it seems like a ploy to get the entire student body pissed off at her. I think it is awful.

very well put:drinker:
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    oops i didnt mean to start anything lol.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

:tongue: Sometimes that's the way it goes on message boards, you bring something up and there are so many of us with various thoughts/beliefs and spellchecker worries :laugh: :indifferent::noway: that the thread can swirl in circles so quick it makes ones head spin! Thanks for posting as I do want to read the article and actually have enjoyed reading some of these posts and thoughts:wink:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    <<Edit,,, oh never mind :grumble: >>
    :laugh:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Oompa - that sounds a little like "Oops, I did it again" :laugh: You and your spell checker are o.k. girlie!
  • penash
    penash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When I was a Senior in high school, a friend of mine and I both broke up with our boyfriends at around the same time. By that time, pretty much everyone was paired up with dates. Instead of going stag to prom, we decided to be each other's dates. The week before prom we were pulled into the principal's office and told that we would not be allowed into prom if we were each other's "dates." We weren't going as a lesbian couple, but as two heterosexual girls without dates. We couldn't even ride in the same car together to the prom (and they did have people out in the parking lot watching for us). I thought it was pretty stupid then, too.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    (or interFEARS)

I will only say, "fears" has nothing to do with it.

Typical response--

But, "we're" ignorant.

:noway:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    (or interFEARS)

Typical response--

But, "we're" ignorant.

:indifferent:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    (or interFEARS)

Typical response--

But, "we're" ignorant.

Sorry, I misunderstood the post. I thought she meant fear of homosexuality. She pm'ed me and explained what she meant. :flowerforyou:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    My stupid school wouldn't even allow you to go ALONE, you HAD to have a date. But they didn't care if it was same-sex, so my best friend and I just went together. We had more fun that way anyhow.

And there were lesbian couples and a gay couple at my prom. openly. who cares? It's their choice and not anyone's place to tell them who they can spend their time with.

My cousin is a suit-wearing very open lesbian and if her school had done this to her, there would have been HELL to pay, with my big loud, obnoxious family!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    (or interFEARS)

Typical response--

But, "we're" ignorant.

Sorry, I misunderstood the post. I thought she meant fear of homosexuality. She pm'ed me and explained what she meant. :flowerforyou:

Yep, me too-- she's a sweetie, for sure--

I'm outta here.

Carry on, my friends.
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    This is a fun thread! And one of my favorite topics - I agree that this is a bit over the top and a bit silly - however, schools have to be careful. Just a year ago a 15 year old was shot by a 14 year old fellow student, because he was "gay" and dressed feminine. So yes, schools have to be careful not to discriminate - but they also have to be very careful to protect their students - all of their students, including the gay ones. Personally, as an openly gay and happly partnered person, I think that this is silly - I dont understand why it matters at all - but there it is.
  • rialiama
    rialiama Posts: 3
    Options
    People aren't ready for change
  • rialiama
    rialiama Posts: 3
    Options
    People aren't ready for change
  • chunkymonkeyme
    Options
    Hey listen up everyone ... it ain't over 'til it's over (was going to say 'til the Fat lady sings but hmmmmmm thought NOT, lol) ...
    Forbidding these 'kids' to attend willl hopefully draw major amounts of negative publicity ... possibly making it necessary to withdraw and change earlier decision ... I don't think we've heard the last of it!