Do you guys track EVERYTHING?

Options

Replies

• fisherman987
    fisherman987 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Track everything, every compromise is another ***** in the armor until the whole thing falls apart. :wink:
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, even if you aren't being honest about what you're eating, your body is.

100 untracked calories every day is worth 10lbs a year.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Everything. I just recently ealized that a pack of sugar free chewing gums and a box of tictacs together have close to 100 cals and I have been eating about 2 packs of gums a day ... so yes, what goes in my mouth gets logged. As someone said "Your body logs everything".
  • peanutbutterpretzels
    Options
    I track everything I can if I made it- if it was made by a friend, parent or anybody else I just estimate :D some things I don't track are gum and singular small bites of fruits/veggies. I mean one thin slice of a banana for example...not worth it :P
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes, I track fruits! Most fruits can have up to 100 cals per piece.

There are things I don't track - like tea or coffee with no milk and sugar which just have 1-3 cals per cup, or a pickle which seems to have less than one calorie. I don't bother if it won't change anything in the diary (though I just logged my black coffee this morning and it was a huge waste of time!).
  • Nittyman
    Nittyman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any fruit with "a lot" of calories. They have sugars yes but they are pretty low in calories...
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    YES even things with 0 calories, meticulously measured lol
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I log everything, fruit, veg, black coffee,gum, ketchup, mustard, spices, herbs the whole lot.

It can take a while sometimes but mostly the stuff is in my 'Recent' list so it's not a problem.

I am not a huge fan of ketchup or mustard although I do have a nice Ham and Mustard sandwich occasionally. And ketchup occasionally on fries.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I track every mouthful of everything except black coffee
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I try to track everything except spices.

*THIS* and sugar-free beverages that are less than 10 cals/serving.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a 'lazy logger'

I look through the list for something similar to what i am eating, so if i make a veggie spag bol, i look for veggie spaghetti bolognaise - homemade on the list and i just add that

I can't be arsed to go and log every onion/tomato and so on i put in a meal.

perhaps if i were not losing weight so quickly, i would track more completely but for now it is working and its easy!

I think being very active helps a lot.
  • joanne70
    joanne70 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yep track everything that passes your lips
  • belben22
    Options
    In an ideal world you would track everything...While losing the bulk of my weight I tracked, weighed and measured everything...When I stopped doing this is when my weightloss stalled...I have been stuck half tracking for months and have bounced up and down on the scales, not really gaining and not really losing...

I am back to tracking everything and the scales have now started moving...

No, I do not ALWAYS track everything but if what you are asking is, do you track irregularly and still lose weight consistently the answer is no.

Tracking brings consistent losses, you can pinpoint where you are going wrong and adjust accordingly if you have tracker properly, you do not have the same upperhand when you only track some things and not others..

I lost 40kg tracking and though I don't do it all the time I know for me it's the only way to guarantee consistent losses...My advice is you SHOULD track everything, even the fruit if you want to know where you have spent your food budget at the end of each week :)
  • CharlotteLucy22
    Options
    I track everything that goes in my mouth!
  • traceygl1967
    traceygl1967 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I track everything and I mean everything
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    I track every single thing from the time I wake up & don't submit my diary as complete until I'm laying in bed to go to sleep. It's the only way to be sure of what you're eating & how you're fulfilling your goals!
  • LoveByBillie
    LoveByBillie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I track fruit. I don't track gum or coffee.

This is me... I will track everything except gum and coffee. Even if it looks bad on my diary I will still track it...I know to be honest with myself I have to be honest with my diary.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If I open my mouth and put calories in it I track it. :wink:
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I track everything with double-digit calories. Diet Coke, tea and coffee (both had black no sugar), herbs and spices I don't bother with. There's about 80 calories in a medium apple, 100 in a banana. If you have a few pieces of fruit a day you don't track you're going to find yourself getting very big very quickly. You should be making allowances within your targets to be able to eat enough fresh produce and still stay within target.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I don't track small things like antacids or supplements or the little bit of fat free half & half I put in my coffee, I figure it evens out cuz I don't track all my activity, such as the 1/2 mile total I walk every day walking to and from my car at work, light cleaning around the house or shopping.