Did I pick the wrong website?

Options
I seem to get the feeling I am in the wrong place! I'm here to see GAINS and I want to gain weight! All of you beautiful people seem to want to LOSE weight. (WHICH! Go on and get it! I am proud of all of you and am frankly blown away by your commitment! That's so awesome to see!) But I kind of feel as if I'm alone here? Am I?

Replies

• Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch of people on here to gain weight or maintain their weight... They're just far outnumbered by us other folk... Just like in real life. ;)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    u can use this site for any form of weight and fitness goals. make sure your friends on here know your goals so they can support you accordingly.
  • daniel7121
    daniel7121 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged man. In a way, we are all here for one ultimate reason which is our health. How we are trying to change it may be slightly different though. Are you looking to gain muscle or just mass in general? It'd be awesome to get with somebody who is trying to gain some good muscle mass because that's what I'd also like to try and do, not just lose weight. Send me a message or whatever if you'd like to talk!
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Yeah this isn't really a deep community of people looking to gain. As in you look like you are already in great shape so maybe are trying to turn it up a notch so probably need some serious body builder types to share ideas with...

Great people around here though, good luck with your goals!
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You may want to check in the "groups" section as there is something there for pretty much everyone. I know I have seen groups for gaining and muscle building. Best wishes for reaching your goals that's really what we are all here for.
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    More power to you, you can have the weight I want to lose. lol. Wish it could work like that. unfortuanaly there are more ppl in this world who need to lose (myself included.) but seriously you can have what I lose, I don't mind sharing. I got to much.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone! I'm maintaining right now, but i'm going to do another bulk this winter starting in January :D
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I am at my weight loss goal,not trying to achieve muscle weight increase and body fat decrease,want to stay at around how much I weigh now ,trying and succeeding in bringing my body fat % down to around 10-11 %,when I started this I was 240 lbs and 28% bf now weigh 160 lbs and at 14 % bf,,if I gain a little weight in the meantime thats ok as long as it's muscle and losing fat.add me if you like I log every day and eat around 2000 calories a day,,good luck in your journey
  • deadliftfan
    Options
    Another gainer here.

Bodybuilding.com is the best resource for the information you need.

MFP is awesome for tracking what you eat (whether you're bulking or cutting) and feeling better about yourself
  • xcoyote
    Options
    Although I'm cutting down for a competition at the moment (First Fitness Modeling Comp yay!), I am here to gain muscle, and will be doing a 'gaining' phase roughly starting March Next year again. So you're not alone, Calories in vs Calories out, still need to track that if you want to gain! (Not to mention macros!)
  • TheJor91
    Options
    Wowow :) Yall are all so nice! Thanks everybody for the support! I mean today is "day one" on this site, so I think just because everyone is so nice I'd like to stay around! PLEASE, ANYONE feel free to be my friend! I'm not just here for "people my age" or something like that! I'm happy to meet anyone/everyone! :) Let's all do this! AND, if any of yall are gainers like me, lets hook up and keep each other accountable!

1 Cor 6:19-20 :)
  • TaraKathleen5
    TaraKathleen5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just like someone else mentioned, check out the groups. There are a lot of sweet supportive people regardless. You can still be friends with those trying to lose. It's about health. I think you are outnumbered because unfortunately being overweight is a HUGE problem in society.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    You can use the tool of MFP for what you need. My family members use it to make sure we are eating enough calories on our low carb diet. However, I wish my son would sign up to track his calories, because he wants to gain muscle mass, and I don't think he is eating enough. So, I think you are on the right path to track yourself. I am curious, though, are you increasing calories, or making sure that the calories you eat are the best for building yourself? Quality or quantity? Or do they both matter?
  • Chipmunkpower
    Options
    Howdy,

The most important thing to know is we are all here to reach our goals, whatever they are. I have gotten 5 people to join. 1 is trying to gain, 1 maintain, 1 just lose a little, me...well, a lot! LOL

So welcome and please to meet you! See in a group we can draw strength and power from each other. We all have bad days and good days, but we always have each other, everyday! Find good people and have a lifetime dance party!!!!

Good Luck!!! PS great abs!!
  • xcoyote
    Options
    You can use the tool of MFP for what you need. My family members use it to make sure we are eating enough calories on our low carb diet. However, I wish my son would sign up to track his calories, because he wants to gain muscle mass, and I don't think he is eating enough. So, I think you are on the right path to track yourself. I am curious, though, are you increasing calories, or making sure that the calories you eat are the best for building yourself? Quality or quantity? Or do they both matter?

Sorry, I'm not the OP, but I thought I'd answer as it caught my eye as I was replying to the OP post.

Many people will say many different thigns, but I've found this rule of thumb works, and also I have a Bodybuilding Nutrition Coach who is fairly well known and he follows the same principles...

Aim for 80% "Clean Foods" - TECHNICALLY your body doesn't know the different between a 'clean' food and a 'dirty calorie'...really, hwoever if you say have a 300g of carbs per day and you down that all in sugar, a few things will happen...you wno't get any nutrients, and you'll probably walk around hungry for the rest of the day.. (not to mention insulin spikes etc..)

Calories in are important when building muscle (they need to be in surplus)
    Macros are key. A lot of people are different in this area, and respond differently to different macro amounts, this is where consistancy and the idea that this is a journey not a sprint comes in. As you can change, monitor and adjust as required.

Someone that is young, just needs to set the basics, and DO IT, and adjust and refine from there...again a journey.

Goodluck to your son, I wish I had a Mom that was this keyed on when I was younger.. :-)
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Plenty of people here have different goals. I'm maintaining since July still experimenting.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

You should see what some of the guys and gals on my FL who are bulking eat!! It's fantastic!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    feeling better about yourself after looking at pictures of really fat people.

Was that in reference to the people on MFP? I'm confused? And why would you feel better about yourself after looking at fat people?
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    If you had even the faintest clue how much ice cream and french fries I eat every day, you could never accuse me of trying to lose weight.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place. You just have to remember that there are more obese people than physically fit.