No More Excuses -- Week 17

Options
124»

Replies

• tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    Evening All!!

Everyone on here is so amazing!!! Reading through your posts is always good for me. Thanks for being so supportive and encouraging.

Renae....So sorry to hear of your loss. What a horrible thing! God be with all of your community as you work through it!

Congrats to all of you on an awsome week-end. On to a new week!!! ;)
  • lazygalina
    Options
    Renae, sorry about your friend :( it is always hard to loose somebody you know....
  • SeminoleFan30
    Options
    Renae sorry to hear about your friend. I am up and ready to go this morning. Yesterday didn't turn out so great. I went over on my calories but so didn't stress about it. I am back on it today so far and I will finish the day well.
  • BornNRaised
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Yesterday was great. Played Wii with Grandkids until 1pm. They really tire you out. It's going to be a great day. Dh is going for 2 interviews today. I know today is going to be the day!

I have to remember to eat and keep my calories up today. I'm having a hard time eating enough. Can you believe it? Eating Healthy is hard work. I'm stuffing my face all the time. Well, at least it seems that way. I can eat the junk food and no problem. I don't think I have ever met my calories and never gone over. Well off to eat again....
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Morning,

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I learned something last week that I wanted to share with you. I use the elliptical trainer 5 nights a week in addition to weight training. I "thought" the calorie counter on the trainer was fairly accurate since I was putting in my age & weight, but boy was I wrong. I also have a heart monitor/calorie counter watch as well, but didn't take the time to put in all the specifics like I should have. So mid last week I followed the instructions (new concept for me :) on the watch like I should have from the beginning. Boy have I been missing out. I was actually burning almost double the calories for my total workout than what I have been capturing. So just a heads-up to anyone else going off of the machine, just remember that the calories burned is only an estimate and a low one at that.

On a positive note, I lost 4 pounds last week. I was nervous because I ate a piece of cheesecake last night at dinner and thought I would be up.

I hope everyone has a great week and take care,

Hawkeye01
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Morning team...I have to work this morning but will catch up later this evening. Have a wonderful Monday!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Morning,

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I learned something last week that I wanted to share with you. I use the elliptical trainer 5 nights a week in addition to weight training. I "thought" the calorie counter on the trainer was fairly accurate since I was putting in my age & weight, but boy was I wrong. I also have a heart monitor/calorie counter watch as well, but didn't take the time to put in all the specifics like I should have. So mid last week I followed the instructions (new concept for me :) on the watch like I should have from the beginning. Boy have I been missing out. I was actually burning almost double the calories for my total workout than what I have been capturing. So just a heads-up to anyone else going off of the machine, just remember that the calories burned is only an estimate and a low one at that.

On a positive note, I lost 4 pounds last week. I was nervous because I ate a piece of cheesecake last night at dinner and thought I would be up.

I hope everyone has a great week and take care,

Hawkeye01

I find the same on my treadmill. I have a motiva petite watch, and I find I burn twice as many calories as the treadmill was saying.
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    Good morning Team!!! It is a rainy Monday morning here in Colorado. Smells wonderful though!!!! And great for the spring grass!!!

I am off to a great day on calories so I am sure I will keep it up!!! ;)

Sounds like everyone is doing great which is so nice.

Hawkeye...I too have found a descrepancy in calories burned on a lot of things. The Wii is "really" off compared to my heart monitor. Mine is a boflex make and I really like it. It doesn't have the chest strap but I really didn't want to deal with that.

Well everyone have a great Monday and will catch up tonight!!! ;)
    Ann
  • lazygalina
    Options
    ok, I am not a person of a lot words, but today I just want to thank my team for all support I had during those 2 month!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!I just want to share it with everyone - I REACHED MY FIRST GOAL - to loose 20 pounds...tomorrow I will and have new haircut ( maybe perm, maybe short, maybe highlights ) ...i do not know yet. But it will something different and absolutelly not me !!!! I will post pictures tomorrow !!!!