Walking Dead................spoilers inside.

Options

Replies

• Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Bump

Wont get to see this ep until Friday as in the UK, but I am not afraid of a few spoilers :-)
  • Roderunr
    Roderunr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Lori is dead. It is a fact stated by the show. I know who is on the phone because I read the books. I will not say thouigh because it would not be fare to others.
    [/quote]

Hmmm - ok. So Lori's dead but we're not sure about Carol... Thanks for not letting the cat out of the bag with the phone call!! :happy:
    This is a fun post ! I love The Walking Dead!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Damn it I watch it tonight but couldn't resist peeking at your thread. I cant believe he takes off! I honestly think that baby is going to die soon.

He does not leave the prison, but his actions are not responsible. He goes back in the infected aresa solo.

He is just in complete shock and disarray, which is odd because he seemed to have hated her guts while she was living. That plumped walker that had finished eating her (dirty minded people) didnt leave any traces of bones though. So I hope we dont see a Lori walker.

The show is really good at keeping consistent, but with one flaw. In season two, they lowered a ham into the well to get the fat walker to bite, but he didnt because "..doesnt want to be fed. It wants something alive and kicking to munch on". That said, how come in multiple episodes of Season 3 we've been seeing walkers munching on dead or rotting tissue? Why would a walker eat a dead Lori? Why would they go after a deer carcass? Why would they eat a bucket of ground body parts? I thought they eat live tissue?

One thing I do like is how rotted and worse the walkers seem to be looking. They're alot more rotted than last season. Season 4 is probably going to be even more terrifying looking.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you want my prediction but I'm giving it anyways!! I don't think Lori is really dead...I think Carol found her and saved her life because she was preparing for the c-section and knew what to do (far fetched I know but maybe...). And now they're waiting for someone to come rescue them...

BUT question - who's on the phone? Anyone want to make a guess?

Lori is dead. It is a fact stated by the show. I know who is on the phone because I read the books. I will not say thouigh because it would not be fare to others.

They also said you wouldn't see her as a walker, but then they lead you to believe that that was her in the boiler room as a walker with Rick... This episode left me more confused than ever!
  • tomdVT
    tomdVT Posts: 30
    Options
    Well hard tellin' gotta watch it first - it's recorded :)

I would tend to think better of him than to believe he was being irresponsible.
  • Morethanwillpower12
    Options
    Ohhhh ok. Thanks guys :)
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    Damn it I watch it tonight but couldn't resist peeking at your thread. I cant believe he takes off! I honestly think that baby is going to die soon.

He does not leave the prison, but his actions are not responsible. He goes back in the infected aresa solo.

He is just in complete shock and disarray, which is odd because he seemed to have hated her guts while she was living. That plumped walker that had finished eating her (dirty minded people) didnt leave any traces of bones though. So I hope we dont see a Lori walker.

The show is really good at keeping consistent, but with one flaw. In season two, they lowered a ham into the well to get the fat walker to bite, but he didnt because "..doesnt want to be fed. It wants something alive and kicking to munch on". That said, how come in multiple episodes of Season 3 we've been seeing walkers munching on dead or rotting tissue? Why would a walker eat a dead Lori? Why would they go after a deer carcass? Why would they eat a bucket of ground body parts? I thought they eat live tissue?

One thing I do like is how rotted and worse the walkers seem to be looking. They're alot more rotted than last season. Season 4 is probably going to be even more terrifying looking.

Maybe they are eating dead carcasses because they are so hungry. I assume that because like you said they are looking worse and rotted.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you want my prediction but I'm giving it anyways!! I don't think Lori is really dead...I think Carol found her and saved her life because she was preparing for the c-section and knew what to do (far fetched I know but maybe...). And now they're waiting for someone to come rescue them...

the books dont even matter in the shows context. lori gets shot in the books WAY after all this. They arent following the books exactly. Hell, Dale would still be alive.

Im only wondering why they dug and filled three holes when they only had one body. maybe find the others before you fill the holes?

Im wondering where loris body is.

and Darryl never struck me as the "ooh! a baby! let me hold it!" type, but hell-at least someone stayed level headef.
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think Rick was just letting off his frustration with the loss of Lori and gaining another child to the group. He was holding many emotions inside for a long time. So, I guess this is where he just 'shows off'. Also, it is a possibility that the baby is bringing back memories of what happened between Lori and Shane. Only Rick knows how he feels, but he need to get it out so that he doesn't hurt anyone on purpose. Yes, Daryll killed a possum for food. Andrea should have left with Michonne(?). She was right that place was not what is seem to be. The walkers tied up while people doing a MMA fight is not a good way to let off frustration. The Governor is doing a double standard. He doesn't want the walkers inside the town, but he has them locked in barn as well as his closet. I know he doesn't want to lose he daughter, but she is walker. If she kills someone, then it is his fault. I am still wondering about Carol. Her scarf was found, but not her body. So, I guess the group came to a conclusion that she dead.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I stuck around for the "Talking Dead" talk show and here's the run down:

That "tooth" that Rick picked up was a flattened bullet from when Carl put down his mom.
    The scene was supposed to look like the walker had dragged Lori's body to a corner and ate her.
    That zombie that was too full to move had just eaten what was left of Lori.

Whose on the phone? It's probably some robo-caller asking for your vote on election day. Just kidding.

My questions: Where's Carol? Rick's group doesn't have the best record for keeping track of people (Andrea and Sophie...)
  • tomomatic
    Options

Maybe they are eating dead carcasses because they are so hungry. I assume that because like you said they are looking worse and rotted.

They've never eaten each other so I guess they don't eat "turned meat" but they do eat spoiled meat.

On The Talking Dead segment, the director and/or writer confirmed that the full-bellied zombie that Rick killed was indeed full on eating Lori.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options

I like this version....I am not happy with the direction the show is going in....
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was a little confused on the Zombie eating Lori thing too - he ate ALL of her? Even T-Dog had traces left of him ... not sure about that one; I do believe however that Lori is indeed dead. And also - with the graves - they filled them in with no bodies (well they had one I guess) ... makes no sense. Episode was a bit confusing to me.

I can understand Rick going off the deep end ... that was his wife ... whether they were getting along at the time or not and Daryl being the one who takes and feeds the baby? That was too funny in and of itself - why wouldn't one of the women do that?

How about the Governor and his walker daughter? That was interesting. And why is that doctor so upset about the festivities .... Does anyone else know about the Governor's daughter?

Anyway, still a great show and can't wait for each week to come .... as to who was on the phone .... hmmmmm....I have no freaking clue!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    In the preview for next week, they find Carol's knife...I think she's still around, despite them making a grave.
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Spoiler.. don't read on if you don't want to know.

If you follow the comics you know that the person on the phone is Lori. It is Rick's way of coping. I'm sure the TV show will follow.

I don't think there will be any more deaths this season. Can't kill off too many primary characters... but you never know.

Rick and the Governor will face and Rick will lose a body part in the process (in the comic).

Love the show. Characters all very believable. Love how Michone is developing. A great character. Rick has also become a lot more interesting. Truly they have become a very tight family especially with the new baby.

Also, the baby was NOT born a zombie. Will it also become a zombie when it dies? Maybe it has developed anitbodies against the Zombie virus and is immune and maybe the next generation is the only hope....if they can live long enough to reproduce? Interesting ideas. :)

I would like to see them get to a point where Rick's group grows. It grow to the point of doing some productive things like.....
    sending large expeditions out to find other survivor groups?
    re-establishing many of the basics of society... like electricity.

one thing I find unbelievable is that the zombies are so slow that I think the virus could not have spread like it did. With the right setup a lot of people could survive this thing including remnants of the government. there are huge government bunkers that I am sure are still going. So at some point it seems that they would emerge or make some kind of effective plan to start over.

I think the first order of business is extermination of the walkers. There would be many ways to do this. In some ways the herding affect could be an advantage if you drop a daisy cutter in the middle of them the cleanup could go faster than you think.

Now if they had the speed and the infection rate (a few seconds) that they did in 28 days later.. then yes, its almost unstoppable.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options

the books dont even matter in the shows context. lori gets shot in the books WAY after all this. They arent following the books exactly. Hell, Dale would still be alive.

Im only wondering why they dug and filled three holes when they only had one body. maybe find the others before you fill the holes?

Im wondering where loris body is.

and Darryl never struck me as the "ooh! a baby! let me hold it!" type, but hell-at least someone stayed level headef.

True, but some aspects stay the same. The general story arc is the same, itas the details that are different. But the phone will be the same.
  • Roderunr
    Roderunr Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I like this version....I am not happy with the direction the show is going in....

I like it too but it looks like we're outnumbered!! Lori's dead (which is ok with me) but I was just hoping for some extra drama!! LOL
  • tomomatic
    Options
    Yeah, I was a little confused on the Zombie eating Lori thing too - he ate ALL of her? Even T-Dog had traces left of him ... not sure about that one; I do believe however that Lori is indeed dead. And also - with the graves - they filled them in with no bodies (well they had one I guess) ... makes no sense. Episode was a bit confusing to me.

I can understand Rick going off the deep end ... that was his wife ... whether they were getting along at the time or not and Daryl being the one who takes and feeds the baby? That was too funny in and of itself - why wouldn't one of the women do that?

How about the Governor and his walker daughter? That was interesting. And why is that doctor so upset about the festivities .... Does anyone else know about the Governor's daughter?

Anyway, still a great show and can't wait for each week to come .... as to who was on the phone .... hmmmmm....I have no freaking clue!

Excellent point.
    I think they had enough of Lori to make a grave... and T-dawg. But Carol, maybe they picked up a corpse that they thought was her?

I liked seeing Daryll step up when Rick went mental.

My favorite part of the show was seeing the Governor brush her daughter's hair as a chunk came off. That whole scene was just twisted.

Since you brought up inaccuracies in the show:
    - The guns that the women are holding don't actually "chamber" when fired. This was most evident when Carol was shooting a rifle. I think the fire from the gun is digitally added later and there's someone behind the camera saying "bang bang."
    - Daryl's cross bow is bad *kitten* but in the real world, reloading that thing takes way too long to be practical.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Carol dead? My husband always tells me, in movies or shows, if you don't actually see them die or their dead body, then they aren't "dead". He said that about Meryl. and he was right.

Maybe Lori's body wasn't there because the others came and got her to bury her> IDK. If she not really dead and T-dog is, i'm gonna break my TV!!!!

And i've said this before and ill say it again. A woman, even if she has never given birth, when stimulated, can start to lactate. Hershel as a doc should know this and tell Maggie to give it a shot. What happens when they cant find any more formula? Better hope they find a costco
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Rick is hallucinating again and It is Lori on the phone?

^ this.