It is SO cold. Tea time! What kind do you like?

Options

Replies

• chamachraibi
    Options
    lemon and ginger are just perfection!
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    I've been reading for some ideas.

I'm a coffee drinker and use absolutely zero cream or sugar. I find teas (every one I've tried, anyway) to be mind bogglingly bland. To me, they seem like drinks for children. Perhaps I haven't tried the right kinds?

Any thoughts on tea varieties that might appeal to committed coffee drinkers?
  • IslandRider
    Options
    I love Yerba Mate, then I add a little cinnamon serrano sauce.
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options

I'm a coffee drinker and use absolutely zero cream or sugar. I find teas (every one I've tried, anyway) to be mind bogglingly bland. To me, they seem like drinks for children. Perhaps I haven't tried the right kinds?

I think for coffee drinkers a Yerba Mate, or maybe a double bergamot Earl Grey
  • charlenebclark
    charlenebclark Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Tazo Orange Blossom Green Tea! Green tea with lemon is my go to everyday tea though :)
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My favorite? Celestial seasonings honey vanilla white tea chai! And Teavana's strawberry paraiso.
  • charlenebclark
    charlenebclark Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I find the more I drink tea, the more I like it. I think it can be an acquired taste for some? I used to drink a lot of coffee but I'm more prone to a plain green tea now.
  • kaceelawlor
    kaceelawlor Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Celestial Spice Indian Chai Tea. So yummy!
  • luckycharm1965
    Options
    ....and i was going to suggest exactly that!..lol I have TWININGS-CHAI, SPICED APPLE...very soothing ..try it :wink:
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Twinings makes a raspberry & pomegranate tea that is out of this world. So good. =)
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite is from Aveda ..... naturally sweet & all natural ingredients.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

A black pu-erh steeped for a really long time. It won't go bitter like other teas.

Lapsang souchong might do as well. It's anything but subtle.

Russian Caravan might fir the bill as well, if you like the Lapsang smokiness but want it a little less bold.

Those are some of my favorites. But really, *all* of the teas are my favorite.
  • Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    A cup of tetley's with a teaspoon of cream makes me happy :)
    And green tea or peppermint tea, love them both.
  • Jennhasfaith
    Jennhasfaith Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The mall near me opened this store, and now I'm totally into tea!!

Teavana has a really nice collection of loose leaf teas (sold by the ounce), and some really great accessories.

www.teavana.com/

Check for a location near you or order online!!

I love going in and getting to smell them!!

I hinted to my hubby he can get me a gift card from Teavana for Christmas!!
  • kaceelawlor
    kaceelawlor Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I will! Sounds delicious...thanks! :)
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    tazo passion and blueberry slim-IN THE SAME MUG YO!!! WHATS UP NOW!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I love love LOVE herbal teas and am wanting to try new ones.

What are your favorites?
    What flavor? :)

I really like cinnamon, cinnamon apple, chai, and mint :)

Christmas time is coming and Celestial seasonings has one called Candy Cane Lane and Sugar Cookie.

They are so awesome. Add some heavy cream and a dash of vanilla and a swirl of a cinnamon stick and it is like eating a candy cane.
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    Some great ideas for coffee drinkers! I'm keeping a list now lol. :drinker:

I've been trying to reduce my caffeine intake in the afternoon (I have insomnia under the best of circumstances.) and just can't bring myself to drink anything artificially decaffeinated. Since I also stay away from hot chocolate drinks and hot cider (omg I love hot cider) because of the sugar, I've run out of low-caff hot drinks. And it really gets cold here...
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I tried a variety pack ( walmart brand booo) that had some fruit ones in it and i thought they were a little gross! Maybe i should try a good brand and I will like them?

I would try a different brand. The same variety across different brands can be vastly different in quality and taste.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Iced with lemon. lol. I don't like hot tea and I don't like coffee. The closest I come to liking one of those is hot milk or white chocolate.