When do you post your calories???

Options

Replies

• Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    During the week day, I will post them in the morning because I know what I'll be eating until I get home. Dinner, I post when I am planning how much I am going to eat. I want to make sure I have the portion sizes correct.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I pre-track my breakfast and lunch in the morning most of the time during the week. I very rarely eat before I track, even if I'm tracking it right before I put it in my mouth.

^this
  • glitterjam
    glitterjam Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I pre-track my breakfast and lunch in the morning most of the time during the week. I very rarely eat before I track, even if I'm tracking it right before I put it in my mouth.

Exactly this! I find I will stick to my day better if it's already "in stone."
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I usually log as I go for breakfast and lunch, then pre-log dinner so I know how many calories I have left to work with, and don't accidentally go over.
  • Rizabees
    Options
    While I'm cooking if it's something I eat often.

If it's something new, I'll track before to see how much it'll be and if I need to adjust.

If I'm going out to eat, I'll track before I leave.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Usually right after I eat them, but I often pre-post an approximate dinner so I'm sure I'm within my goals - then change it if dinner plans change.
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I usually log everything after breakfast. Right after I get to work and settle in. I'll log the whole day then. Dinner often changes if my boyfriend and I get busy or if something else sounds good when the time comes.
    If I change or add anything, I usually track it right before or after I eat it.
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I log mine in the morning before anything goes in my mouth. I preplan for meals and snacks and leave some for unknown dinner. That way I know excatly what my calorie count is at each meal, how much I can have for dinner and if I want to change something because something sounds better at the time, or I am around something I want but it is not on my menu I just do the switch around or swap it out game. If I end up not eating something on my menu then I take it off the next morning and I have that many extra calories for the day to use as I want. I also don't close out my diary until I know for sure I am done eating for the day.
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    At times I plan out my entire day the night before or in the morning - rarely do I post them as I eat; I don't really like deleting and adding here and there so I make sure to stick to what I have on there and hold mysef accountable. lol

:)
  • jdr0p_
    jdr0p_ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Right after or while I'm eating.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Morning????
    When you eat them???
    Night???

I normally post my calorie when I eat them??? What say ye???

I post them when I eat them but submit my diary at the end of the day when I'm done eating for the day.

On occasion I post them ahead of time to sort of come up with a menu that works, taking things out and adding them until I get it to come within budget. It's a cool tool for that.
  • ScottW069
    Options
    When I eat them

this pretty much, unless i forget to list a snack then I will go back and list it later on in the day.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    When I eat them, sometimes the day before.
  • ARHiker
    ARHiker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I log right before I eat, usually when I start to prepare a meal.... That way I know what I am actually doing, and I have modified the menu many times because of the result. I like to be able to make informed decisions before I eat.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    breakfast and lunch are generally the same everyday during the week so I track all of it in morning before I eat any of it.
    Dinner is cooked by my husband.. the chef.. so I have to track that before I eat so I can control the portion sizes.
    Snacks are tracked as I eat them based on availability.. BUT I ALWAYS track it before I eat it!! Then I can make a choice over how much or whether I want it at all...
  • Dennish68
    Dennish68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For me, I always plan my whole day the night before, or at least breakfast adn lunch. If i don't do that, i wont be as successful. Like the saying goes, "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail" and it is so true, and not just for weight loss.
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, lunch and daytime snacks are pre-tracked. Dinner is always up in the air.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It depends on what kind of day it is. On work days, I've recently started logging everything as I put it into my lunch bag (breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc). I used to not do that and I would just log as I ate, but now I find it easier for hectic work days to just put everything on MFP as I get it ready in the morning. Then I don't have to worry about logging in between appointments, etc.

I log water as I drink it. My "pint" glasses at home hold approximately 1.5 cups, so I just log 3 cups for every two I drink. I have a Trenta Starbucks cup at work that I use for water, which is 32oz (4 cups). So I log 4 cups for each one of those that I finish.

For dinner during the week, I usually start logging before I head into the kitchen to put something together, and after I log my workout. That way I can tell if I have room for extra turkey pepperoni on my pizza, or bacon on my salad, a glass of wine, etc. It helps to know that I have room for a small indulgence or two BEFORE I decide to add them to whatever I'm preparing.

Weekends are different because I don't pre plan as much. For those times I log as I go.

And if it's going to be one of those days or weekends when I'm out of town with no clue how to log most things (like at potlucks, Tex-Mex restaurants, and the like), I just take a break from logging. The way I see it, unless I can be certain that I'm logging at least close to correctly, it'll just be a bunch of false numbers at the end of the day anyway. So I don't sweat those days, enjoy myself, make the best decisions I can, and move on. And I drink A LOT more water on those days, since thet sodium content in most restaurant food is very high (as are most things that end up on a potluck table).
  • Jessamyfrm
    Options
    Depends.

If I'm busy I'll jot what I've had down on my phone/notepad and do it when I get home that evening. If I'm not that busy I'll open the app and do it on my phone there and then :)
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I log breakfast and lunch in the morning because my lunch has already been prepared and dinner in the evening after eating, I log water after I drink it.