Moms of boys.....

Options

Replies

• symkat
    symkat Posts: 70
    Options
    It depends on the kid, my boys stopped liking mud and dirt around 14 years of age. maybe a little younger for my middle son so there is still some hope. they apparently never grow out of arguing with one another over stupid stuff though so good luck with that one.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My boys were more into sticks & rocks! One even made a gun out of a piece of toast!!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    A kid SHOULD need a bath everyday.

And they SHOULD be bathed everyday.

Unless I'm just living in crazytown..
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Well I just picked small rocks and stones out of my son's hair and also found out he filled his jacket pockets with dirt. My little pigpen! Lol!!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

I had a very good mother when I was little. And we agreed baths every OTHER day. Unless she wanted to deal with a rebellion. I think it depends on the kid!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    My son loves mud, dirt, or anything that gets him dirty.

Oh, and it's not limited to boys. I totally loved getting dirty as a kid, and I still do. My son and I frequently make mud pies, and I think I enjoy it more than him.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I didn't think a love of getting dirty was limited to boys...

I play a full contact field sport and am constantly bruised, muddy and scraped up. I fix cars as a hobby when I can, so I'm occasionally greasy, on top of muddy, bruised and scraped up. People think I paint my nails because it's feminine, but really I do it to distract from the occasional dirt under my finger nails :blushing:
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boys (9 & 11) the 9 year old looks like pig-pen from Charlie Brown - I swear there is a visible cloud of dirt that follows that kid - and the 11 year old hates to be dirty - but LOVES to play football/soccer/ etc in the mud/dirt - he just showers very promptly - so yeah like everyone is saying boys NEVER outgrow that!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Oh, and this^

Once they're no longer infants, it's my understand you bathe them everyday. Ya know, kind of like how adults shower everyday.

Good hygiene rocks.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    My son is 13 and I tell him everyday to stay out of stuff, his shoes are always dirty, his coat and his clothes.
    I make sure he showers everyday.

Oh and my 6 year old daughter isn't much better.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    My daughter and son were both filthy little mudhogs...in the summer, they showered with the gardenhose, wintertime, they reluctantly came indoors for more conventional bathing...one is in college, the other in high school, and they haven't grown out of it yet, God love 'em!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    A good woman will join the mate in festive and ritualistic dancing in said dirt/mud. This will grant good karma and smiles throughout the land (or your house).

LMAO!!!

My son is 20. Boys are just much dirtier than girls. A wise old man once told me, "Boys are hard on things, girls are hard on people." So very true!
  • hermanaamber
    hermanaamber Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Seriously, we have seven kids and five of them are boys. Besides that we have a children's home in Mexico and over 20 of our kids here are boys, that said, if they're a dirt lover from the beginning, it most likely will never change. That's not to say that all boys love dirt, because they don't!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My son is 3 and loves puddles and getting wet! We went out in the rain today with him on his scooter - he likes to scoot through the puddles! My 17 month old daughter also likes water and mud and things too come to think of it. They go to nursery 3 days a week and are usually so dirty when i collect them! They have a bath every evening though, so I don't see the problem.

I'm a secondary school teacher and do duty outside one break time a week, and the 12/13 year old boys are always running around in mud and jumping in puddles if it's raining. It always makes me laugh.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    If he's like that now, he'll probably be like that for a very long time.
    Suggestions; buy play clothes second hand. Reinforce that play time is in play clothes only.
    If you have an attached garage.. try and arrange a "mud" room so he can change out of the filth before he comes inside. A robe or some long white shirts (think men's hanes undershirts) to wear til he hits the tub will save your carpets. They now sell black socks. invest. white socks never really look white after a day in the mud!

And yes... kids should play in the dirt

And they absolutely should be bathed every. single. day.
  • MGleason2010
    MGleason2010 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My husband is a mechanic, and we just had a baby boy who is 7 weeks old. I have 2 boys clothes that are dirty now since my husband picks up the baby and by default gets his outfits dirty/greasy sometimes. I'm sure our little boy will follow his dad, and be just as dirty, even if he choses another profession/career - this kid i'm sure will be dirty A LOT.

I'm over it, and am really really good at getting stains out of laundry :)
  • wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Oh, and this^

Once they're no longer infants, it's my understand you bathe them everyday. Ya know, kind of like how adults shower everyday.

Good hygiene rocks.

Depends on the kid and level of filth. I've got three kids (2 boys), and they bathe about three times a week. More if dirty/sweaty on a non bath day. It's not until puberty that kids develop body odor, so it's not necessary every day. The pediatrician hasn't looked at me in horror when I mention three baths a week, so I'm guessing its fine.....
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    A have a boy and a girl, though they are verging on adulthood now. As kids, they both loved dirt, mud, puddles, slithery things...you name it. I'm happy both of them enjoyed lots of time playing outside, and neither of them are afraid to get their hands dirty to this day. My daughter was playing with snakes last week at her college's herpetology club.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    I'm 28 and I still love mud & dirt....so yea...

Lmao

But, I don't believe so, my boys are 8 and 5 and baths every day are a given. They also still bring me worms and throw bugs at me for fun.

oh man that never gets old!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    My boyfriend still enjoys mud and dirt... They never grow out of it.