What else can I do? Suggestions appreciated! :)

Options
So, here's the dealio.
Since started my weight loss journey at the beginning of August, I've lose almost 40 lbs. I weighed about 250lbs when I started and I'm 5"7.5. I downloaded myfitnesspal to my phone and watched what I ate. My exercise started off slowly. I started walking for 30 minutes a day outside (it was summer). Then I started doing 2 30 minute walks a day, one before work, one after. Then I wanted more so I was suggested to try the 30DS from here. I did the shred, along with trips to the gym here and there where I'd do an 30-45 mins of cardio and weights. Everything was going great! I lost 30 lbs doing that. I felt better than I have in years! But I was losing interest in the exercise part. Once 30DS was done, I didn't really know what to do. The gym was getting boring, too. It's really cold right now outside so I don't really want to go for walks all bundled up in my snow gear.
Anyway, more than a month has now passed and I have been still counting calories and whatnot but not exercising. I lost 10 lbs by just eating right but I've hit a plateau now for the past few weeks. I tried doing the 30DS again but my endurance has really suffered I guess and I lost the motivation. I really don't want to do the 30DS again anyway. I feel like I need to work myself up to something of that intensity again, but how?
I got Turbo fire the other day and tried it this morning. What a complete failure;( I did about 10 minutes of it. It's so intense and I even tried to pace myself. Just couldn't do it..I need something that isn't so intense. I'm thinking about yoga, but I looked at Jillian Micheals Yoga and again it's just really intense! I'm not familiar with yoga, but that didn't look quite like yoga to me.

So, anyway. I really need your guys help! What else can you suggest for me to do? Any other not so crazy dvd workouts? No P90x or Insanity, Turbofire or shred. I need to work myself up to those.
I know I can start off doing something more low intensity and will eventually want more.

I'm getting married this coming June and I'd realistically love to be around the 170lbs mark for it! 40 pounds in 7.5 months. Hope I can do it!

Replies

• risak
    risak Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Jillian's yoga meltdown is not too intense. Also try Ripped in 30.
  • kendraleigh88
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to take a look into them.
  • Sydamty
    Options
    im doing the zumba fitness on the wii
    I think its on the playstation as well do u have either of those
    they are fun and use every muscle!and at your own pace

i also do wii fitness plus ... the activities i like!, lol
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    What about Turbo Jam rather than Turbo Fire? I know I wouldn't want to spend the money at this point, but I think Turbo Jam was first and is less intense.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Pilates for Beginners: many levels and different types of workouts
    The first Biggest Loser workout DVD: 4 different workouts of different levels
    Wii Zumba
    Or try another Jillian Michaels DVD if you liked the shred and were able to do it.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy "Butt Bible" and "Slim in 6". Both are perfect for beginners.
  • sabrakay1
    sabrakay1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There is a website called Collage Video that has tons of exercise videos. Each video has detailed description, a clip you can watch, and customer reviews. You might find something there that interests you. I have lots of fitness videos including several from The Firm series, Zumba, Jazzercise, Denise Austin, Gilad, Angie Miller......just to name a few. I like to mix things up :)
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    :tongue: My favorite exercise is to turn my music up loud and just dance my patootie off. Get crazy, wave your arms in the air!! Dance, dance, dance! Now I'm excited and have to go dance!! Hope you do too. :laugh: :wink:
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Try other JIllian dvds. Ripped in 30 is great, Extreme shed and shred is pretty intense but it works, my legs burned !! Her n w extreme kicckboxing is a great cardio, be sure to watch the tutorial though. Biggest loser was ok, I prefer the jillian dvds but if you want variety try them too.
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    go to fitnessblender.com and you will find a lot of exercise videos, some short, some longer that are completely free of charge. There is no music to them but you can play your own music in the background. They are very good and there is a good variety for all tastes.
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    How is teh wii zumba?

im doing the zumba fitness on the wii
    I think its on the playstation as well do u have either of those
    they are fun and use every muscle!and at your own pace

i also do wii fitness plus ... the activities i like!, lol
  • kbbauchle
    kbbauchle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend zumba! IT is fun and doesn't feel like exercise. There are tons of classes all over the place just go to the zumba website and do a search. I found 2 churches in my area both offering FREE classes. I've lost 32 lbs since June and have reshaped my body like never before. And if you think you can't dance...no worries. There are people of all skill levels....with and without rhythm. LOL
  • kendraleigh88
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, guys!
    I'm definitely going to look into every single one of them when I have down time at work:)
  • konekkobaba
    Options
    If you like walks, and it's too cold outside, try a Leslie Sansone Walk DVD.. from 1 to 5 miles, all intensities, jogging bursts, resistance bands,or even a stability ball! Check it out on netflix or even Prevention has some walk vids starring Chris Freytag..try
    'em if you want some not so cold indoor DVD walks =) Good Luck to whatever you do!
  • kendraleigh88
    Options
    I tried Zumba once at Goodlife. It was crazy! Nothing like I've ever done before. I really struggled with it because I actually have no rhythm whatsoever. I felt like because I couldn't do the moves, I wasn't exercising properly!

I'd try Zumba again. I'm just looking for some videos that I can stream online.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    So, here's the dealio.
    Since started my weight loss journey at the beginning of August, I've lose almost 40 lbs. I weighed about 250lbs when I started and I'm 5"7.5. I downloaded myfitnesspal to my phone and watched what I ate. My exercise started off slowly. I started walking for 30 minutes a day outside (it was summer). Then I started doing 2 30 minute walks a day, one before work, one after. Then I wanted more so I was suggested to try the 30DS from here. I did the shred, along with trips to the gym here and there where I'd do an 30-45 mins of cardio and weights. Everything was going great! I lost 30 lbs doing that. I felt better than I have in years! But I was losing interest in the exercise part. Once 30DS was done, I didn't really know what to do. The gym was getting boring, too. It's really cold right now outside so I don't really want to go for walks all bundled up in my snow gear.
    Anyway, more than a month has now passed and I have been still counting calories and whatnot but not exercising. I lost 10 lbs by just eating right but I've hit a plateau now for the past few weeks. I tried doing the 30DS again but my endurance has really suffered I guess and I lost the motivation. I really don't want to do the 30DS again anyway. I feel like I need to work myself up to something of that intensity again, but how?
    I got Turbo fire the other day and tried it this morning. What a complete failure;( I did about 10 minutes of it. It's so intense and I even tried to pace myself. Just couldn't do it..I need something that isn't so intense. I'm thinking about yoga, but I looked at Jillian Micheals Yoga and again it's just really intense! I'm not familiar with yoga, but that didn't look quite like yoga to me.

So, anyway. I really need your guys help! What else can you suggest for me to do? Any other not so crazy dvd workouts? No P90x or Insanity, Turbofire or shred. I need to work myself up to those.
    I know I can start off doing something more low intensity and will eventually want more.

I'm getting married this coming June and I'd realistically love to be around the 170lbs mark for it! 40 pounds in 7.5 months. Hope I can do it!

Leslie Sansone walk at home DVD's!! They're straight forward and low impact, any where from 1 to 5 miles you can pretty much customize it. If they start to get easy after awhile you can intensify them with jumping jacks, calisthenics ect. I LOVE Jillian Michaels yoga meltdown. There is no shame in going at your own pace! So please try to revisit some of the things you've tried previously and just do what you can!! Also taking a class at the gym can be fun or a yoga class at a studio. Finding a work out buddy is awesome too. Make a date at least once a week to meet up at the gym that way your committed!
  • _Tay_
    _Tay_ Posts: 95
    Options
    Hey there! Here are some healthy ways that seem to help me shed lbs

Bread and Pasta: I really try to avoid these foods when I can. If there is another eating option, I chose that.

Slimquick- Its a drink powder you pour in your water. You can find it anywhere. Target, drugstores, ect.. It works great for me

CRUNCH ab attack is an amazing workout dvd. Its 30 minutes and perfect for us women. (4$ on amazon)

sweet potatoes- they rock.

good luck!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender on YouTube. It's easy to follow and I like that the instructor doesn't talk constantly. It really irritates me when I'm struggling and the instructors keeps cooing "you can do it; that's right; etc; etc". I want to smash the screen!
  • Kimaw65
    Kimaw65 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a pilates weight loss for beginners dvd. It's low intensity and it helps lengthen, strengthen, and tone using pilates to develop a slim, lean physique
  • SwolfeC
    SwolfeC Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OMG So I am getting married next year (but need to have lost all my weight by mid may for dress fittings) and I have 38 pounds to go, and I am 5'7. So pretty much the same.

I am just starting insanity and I love it so far. (only day 4 so time will tell) but I really like it because the workouts are not all the same and i get bored so easily!