negative calorie food
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    oh and also "soap" for losing weight. serious. i saw advertisement
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Not a diet per say, vut the stupidest " eating" plan i've ever heard of.

Turns out we were wrong you don't need food at all.
    http://www.breatharian.com/

And when i was growing up i remember my mum had her jaw wired shut to lose weight.

Didn't work

Woooooww.... :indifferent:
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    SENSA is officially the dumbest new diet thing I have heard of this year. "You put it on your food and then you eat less."
    BS! I over eat because I want to, not because I'm hungry and it smells good. *le sigh*

Last year the office girls were doing that lime juice and cayenne pepper drink "diet." Just eeww..
    I'd rather not vomit myself thin ;)
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    oh and also "soap" for losing weight. serious. i saw advertisement

Soap?
    So I can wash my fat away? AWESOME! Bathtime is so much fun!!
    Do they sell it next to the "wash your sins away" soap? 8D
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    The pregnant lady pee diet. Drink some pregnant lady pee (or place the drops under your tongue) and bam. Instant hunger suppression and weight loss.

AKA HGC diet.

:noway:
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    The Maple syrup in water diet.
    The Cabbage soup Diet.
  • Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The stupidest one I've seen lately was an infomercial for Lipozene. "Clinically proven" to blast fat away, without changing your diet!

What made me laugh was the testimonials, where this one woman said (with a straight face), "You just can't do it on your own! You can't!" (at 1:42)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXNh2iYsEHM

:noway: <--- shaking my head
  • Lillyeatslilies
    Options
    So, I'm a definite clean eater supporter (or at least I try to be) and I am all for adding more raw fruits and vegetables to a diet; however, I believe the 80/10/10 diet is very extreme. That's 80% carbs, 10% fat, 10% protein all from raw fruit and vegetables. It seems like there's a couple of athletes that have thrived on this plan (check out 30bananasaday.com) but it just seems so restrictive.
    check out this video http://youtu.be/8UK-aX0_fAw
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    The pregnant lady pee diet. Drink some pregnant lady pee (or place the drops under your tongue) and bam. Instant hunger suppression and weight loss.

AKA HGC diet.

:noway:

True story.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    The stupidest one I've seen lately was an infomercial for Lipozene. "Clinically proven" to blast fat away, without changing your diet!

What made me laugh was the testimonials, where this one woman said (with a straight face), "You just can't do it on your own! You can't!" (at 1:42)

I know just how she feels! I can't do it with out my good old buddy Captain Morgan and Papa John by my side every weekend. I would just give up if not for them.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I don't know that this is actually a marketable "diet" plan but it is the stupidest thing I've heard in regards to weight loss. I think it was from a movie, "The Devil Wears Prada" where the snooty assistant tells Anne Hathaway's character that her diet consists of just not eating anything until she is about to pass out from hunger and then just taking the tiniest slice/dollop of non-fat something or other (cheese, yogurt, crackers -- can't remember exactly what it was). Uh--NO THANK YOU!! That's NOT a diet!! That's an eating disorder!!

I think she ate one cube of cheese when she felt like passing out :smile:
  • Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

I know just how she feels! I can't do it with out my good old buddy Captain Morgan and Papa John by my side every weekend. I would just give up if not for them.

Ha ha ha. Likewise, I just had to break up with my two boyfriends, Ben and Jerry.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

Ha ha ha. Likewise, I just had to break up with my two boyfriends, Ben and Jerry.

I KNEW those *kitten* were cheating on me!! :brokenheart:
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say any "diet" is stupid. But here are some of the crazy ones I've heard:

-HCG
    -Green Tea Pills
    -Sensa
    -3 Day Diet
    -17 Day Diet
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    I agree with those who say any "diet" is stupid. But here are some of the crazy ones I've heard:

-HCG
    -Green Tea Pills
    -Sensa
    -3 Day Diet
    -17 Day Diet

Wth do you do to diet for 3 days?
  • chopzgurl05
    chopzgurl05 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feeding Tube Diet. Hollywood Cookie Diet. Then there was one (can't remember the name) but basically, you super restrict all week and pig out on the weekend? Umm. . . Happy medium anyone? LOL!
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Feeding Tube Diet. Hollywood Cookie Diet. Then there was one (can't remember the name) but basically, you super restrict all week and pig out on the weekend? Umm. . . Happy medium anyone? LOL!

Isn't that the intermittent fasting ?? (or at least how alot of ppl will do it?)
  • Scott_Chaput
    Options
    I have been fat for a long time so I can't judge but it just seems silly to me that we have lowered ourselves to these ridiculous fad diets.

Eat right, plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean protein and exercise!!! There is no trick to it... Work out and feed your body right and the results will come.