1200 calories a day.

Options
is anyone on the same goal of 1200 a day like me. could do to buddy up with you and take a peak at your diary for ideas

Replies

• nursemindisue
    Options
    Hello! I have been on here for about 5 months and try and stick with 1200. I won't lie, its not always healthy and some days are better than others. But your more than welcome to look. I will add you :)
  • nikimae31
    Options
    I started today and it has me at 1200 calories too. I've had what I thought was a healthy lunch and breakfast, and its left me with only 250 cals for dinner. Kinda crazy.
  • chasedaddy
    Options
    Eating below your BMR is very unhealthy and setting yourself up for failure.
  • TrainSweatEatSleep
    Options
    you can check out my MFP diary whenever you'd like.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm around 1200, 1250 o be precise. In Hampshire & log every day. Feel free to add me

PS it is fairly healthy, no burgers or such like, may have the odd ready calorie counted processed item of food, like NuMe shepherds pie

PPS - also, like OP, no gym or exercise [except walk to shops], so diet only
  • Sabrina__26
    Options
    is anyone on the same goal of 1200 a day like me. could do to buddy up with you and take a peak at your diary for ideas

Hi, I've been doing 1200 calories for a while now. Yesterday I increased my calories to 1300 but it's still not too much more. My diary is open so you could always check it out. I try to eat healthy but recently have been a little less strict than usual because otherwise it feels too much like a diet!
  • Antheatg
    Options
    im supposed to have 1200 calories a day for my height and weight but i always eat under 1200 calories and by the end of the day i usually have around 100 or under calories left to eat :)
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Send me a friend request. You are welcome to take a look at my food diary it is public. Please be forewarned, I had a death in my family two weeks ago, so my food intake has been crazy the last few days, but I'm getting it back on track yesterday and today. Generally however I'm right at 1200, with real nutritious food (I don't do supplements).
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to check out my diary.
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    sure feel free to add me, my diary is always available, but hasn't been wonderful lately. I've been on here for almost 3 years and love this site. I have met several people on here and they are all so encouraging. I have even met some on person, and love them to pieces. Good luck to you.
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Me too. Im usually around 1200 and Im diabetic so very little processed food and starchy carbs. Trying to eat healthy healthy healthy. Happy for more friends in the same boat to share ideas!
  • IGotUrPistola
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss goal.
    1200 is not too low and not to high :)
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me(: I always try to go a little over 1200 so I'm not being unhealthy, and I exercise regularly. I have to warn you, I don't usually log friday nights because of football games and I eat like crazy haha.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    You can add me. My diary is open and due to some food intolerances and diabetes, I lean heavily towards low-carb with lots of veg.
  • ndhone
    ndhone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started today, but would love to help.
  • vickij2
    Options
    I am 1200. Add me if you want. My diary is open.
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am 1200 and low carb.
    Feel free to add me :)
    I do 1200 during the week as very sedentary at work, then up it a bit at the wknd when I am more active :)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I am, but i keep my diary private
  • rsellersCST
    rsellersCST Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I try to stay around 1200... and I keep my diary open... add me if you want to... I'm always up for sharing ideas.

I can honestly say that 99% of the time I'm satisfied... and I feel pretty good these days... still a ways to go for me, but I don't feel deprived, so I think I'll be able to stick it out for the haul.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Eating below your BMR is very unhealthy and setting yourself up for failure.

Very untrue. I have been successfully maintaining a 1200 cal diet for over 7 months now. I have lost 20 lbs and counting, and am hardly ever hungry. It's all about making smarter choices on foods that will keep you full longer.