Anyone 200lbs or over try the 30 day shred?

Options

Replies

• SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any before and after pictures that started in this weight range? :)
  • rockermom5
    Options
    Just bought this...today actually. :) Looking forward to getting my butt kicked..lol. I wanted something to do at home to supplement my gym workouts and for when I can't get to the gym.
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS quite soon after joining MFP, so I would have been between 250 and 240 pounds. Since July, I've completed 30DS and RI30, and have gone down roughly 50 pounds in that time! I'd done little exercise before 30DS (a few weeks of Tae Bo several times a week), and I was able to go through the entire workout each time from L1 D1. Was I tired? Yes. Did I need to modify? Oh, yeah. Did I see results quite quickly, feel stronger, and increase my endurance on a weekly (perhaps at times daily!) basis? YOU BET!

I say that you can do this at any weight. Modification is key, as is starting with small weights. Just keep moving even if you can't do all the moves yet. You'll get there!

As a side note, my favourite workout of all is the RI30 level four. During that week I started to see biceps (!!!), and I feel the strongest and most pleasantly exhausted after it. I've gone back and done 30DS a few times, and I just don't get that same awesome burn anymore. At 200 pounds, I can do all the workouts (with modifications for my bad knee), and I'm living proof that with a 200-pound+ weight, determination, and a killer soundtrack to play over Jillian's talking it is possible to complete 30DS, RI30, and the Yoga Meltdown (which is my current project)!

Try it and see, and don't give up!
  • theonenonlykris
    Options
    I was around 291 when I started 30 DS, had been consistently walking/jogging for about 2 months beforehand. It was tough at first but I did what I could. I would do it in the morning and then walk in the evening. I finished on level 3 but then kept up with level 2.

Here is the link to our groups result photos.. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/508469-result-photos

Stay focused and the activity and doing the motions correctly. Also measure since I saw more inches than weight loss. I am on round 2 now and its just as I remembered it to be.

I tried Ripped in 30 after and lost focus. Mind over matter. Just focus on doing more each time. Then you'll find yourself doing deeper lunges, higher lifts and having better stamina.
  • JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I completed day 3 of level 1 today. I am really sore but hoping it gets easier over the next week so I can move onto level 2. If anyone else is doing it you can add me! I log everyday :)
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I did it around 220 and I'm 5'2 and the first few days sucked, but by the end of level 1, i could do it nonstop without any issues.
  • TaraTaraTTT
    Options
    I haven't done the 30 day shred, but I am currently 230 lbs, and started doing Insanity 3 weeks ago, I am already down 13 lbs in just 3 weeks! Insanity is exactly what the name means.. INSANE, but I feel if you stick with any workout no matter how hard it is you will see results and that will make you keep on going!
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I personally dont think weight has anything to do with if you can do the 30DS or not. Get out there and just try it!! Theres an advanced version and a moderate version. Start with the moderate. Even if you have to take some short little breaks, thats fine. Take them. But just START! You WILL see results with this workout DVD. :tongue:
  • curvysunshine
    curvysunshine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My roommate and I started 30 day shred when she was close to 300 and I was at 225. It was hard but we did it. We're now doing it for the second time. She's 35 pounds lighter, I'm 15 pounds lighter. We did other workouts as well, but 30 Day Shred was a great one for our weight loss, the best Jillian Michaels one we've done. We tried Ripped in 30 but it's not nearly as strenuous.
  • imthejenjen
    Options
    I completed day 3 of level 1 today. I am really sore but hoping it gets easier over the next week so I can move onto level 2. If anyone else is doing it you can add me! I log everyday :)

I was also REALLY sore until day 3. Hang in there, day 4 I was hardly sore anymore! I felt great!
  • imthejenjen
    Options
    oh ya, P.S. I started 30DS at 181 lbs. Today was Day 6 of Level 2 and I am at 175. I overlapped Level 1 with Level 2 for 3 days.(two-a-days) So technically, I have lost 6 lbs in 13 days.
  • InLaLaLand04
    InLaLaLand04 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 225, 5'2 and doing it now, completed Level 2 Day 5 today. I've been going straight through with only a break after Level 1. It is hard but in a good way. I am one of those who gained weight on this. I got up to about 228 (started at 224). BUT, when I look at my Day 1 Level 1 vs Day 1 Level 2, BIG difference in my belly. So I've chucked the scale and am pressing on. For level 1 this was all i did but I've added the Leslie Sansone 2 Mile walk with it to make it a total of an hour of exercise per day. I'm planning to move on to either Insanity or TurboFire after this. Feel free to add me if you need any support!
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I would like to hear the results from people who weigh over 200lbs that have done the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I have been looking at the other forum threads, but I have not really seen anyone 200lbs or over attempting this. Is this something some one 200lbs and over should not attempt?

I was 347.5 lbs when I did 30 Day shred....you can do it...take it slow and easy...I am 279 and still do it every once in a while, plus P90x...use modifications but do it!
  • roohill
    roohill Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm still on the first workout of the 30 Day Shred. Day 9. I weigh 193, and I've lost 2 lbs so far with the shred. ( 31 since starting MFP 70 days ago.) The cardio is getting A LOT easier already, but I'm still struggling with the strength. aka... P U S H U P S!!!!!!!!! lol I have no final results to share with you yet, but I can say I already see a big difference in my body shape. And I know this will sound funny, but I swear I feel like my breasts are even "lifting" I hurt myself though and had to take a few days rest. Please be careful, and make sure to use modifications where you need to. Since I lost a few days I plan to do workout 1 a few more times until I am ready to move up. Listen to your own body, it is fully capable of doing, adapting, and changing. Good luck. I'll share my results when I have finished. :)
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm short and over 200lbs. I've done it and I plan on doing it again. I can't always keep up and do everything they do, but I certainly try. :) Some days I feel I could do another workout right after and other days I have to push myself to get through one.

I highly recommend it! The 27-28 minutes ZOOMS by!
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting the 30DS with my girlfriend over Christmas ^_^ Lol, I know - perfect timing, right? But it's because I'm going to be visiting her overseas (Winter!) and won't have access to any gym >.< I'll be there for 3 weeks - so it seems to fit perfectly with the 30DS and I'll complete it when I'm back :)

I'm at about 171lbs now, and ... well, don't know her weight ^_^
  • secretsupermodel
    Options
    i have been doing the 30 day shred now for a little over 30 days i started @ 210LBS and am now 198LBS. the program is tuff but just pace yourself and give it your all. 5-6 days a week with eating right has really worked for me. oh and btw...there are lots o jumping jacks in the first level i have a hard time with those so i would do a couple till i couldn't anymore then jog in place just to keep moving. just try it... you can find the whole thing on youtube.
  • Anticipated_Serendipity
    Options
    I started 30ds with 5lbs weights at 258lbs. After 3 days of level 1 my arms were sore and I was unable to extend my arms straight but felt better the more I worked out. I got up to level 2 and I like that workout much better than level 1. I ended up getting extremely sick and fell off the wagon. I'm back on at 244lbs and since 30sd I've lost a total of 15inches all over. I highly recomend meassuring yourself before you start. Sometimes I don't drop any weight on the scale but after meassuring seeing the inches I'm shredding help keep me motivated if there is no weight loss.
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I did it with a friend who is in her fifties and over 200. There were a few parts that she modified. She has knee problems so she did not partake in jumping jacks or jumping rope. She just marched around in circles for those parts. Just do what you can and keep moving!
  • klslovely
    Options
    i am probably going to start it tomorrow because i need to stop procrastinating. and i am roughly 200lbs. (though i dont own a scale to know for sure)
    the only thing is i will have to try and find a way to keep moving during very high-intensity loud movements like anything involving jumping... because i live in a condo and i cant disturb the neighbors lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!