Vegetarians/ Pescatarians with higher-protein diets?

Options
2»

Replies

• LethalBeauty
    Options
    I eat a can of maple syrup beans everyday/every second day. its probably healthier to get the beans plain but i loveee maple syrup. and the cans are so cheap! its hard to resist :/ way too much sugar though, so i wouldnt really recommend it for anyone. though plain canned beans for sure!
  • reptilegrrl
    reptilegrrl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I eat a can of maple syrup beans everyday/every second day. its probably healthier to get the beans plain but i loveee maple syrup. and the cans are so cheap! its hard to resist :/ way too much sugar though, so i wouldnt really recommend it for anyone. though plain canned beans for sure!

Yes. Way too much sugar. You may be doing long-term damage to yourself by eating that much sugar regularly. Plain beans can be snazzed up with lots of stuff, and you might find that making your own maple beans makes you satisfied with less sugar.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Yes. Way too much sugar. You may be doing long-term damage to yourself by eating that much sugar regularly. Plain beans can be snazzed up with lots of stuff, and you might find that making your own maple beans makes you satisfied with less sugar.

What long term damage can you do by eating the amount of sugar in a can of beans?
  • thyagofalconi
    thyagofalconi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a 100% vegetarian and I eat protein in Quorn products, but I'm in London and I'm not sure that they are available in USA.

This is their website: http://www.quorn.co.uk/

Their products are good because they contain absolutely no cholesterol and also low in saturated fat, and the most important: meat free. :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I'm a 100% vegetarian and I eat protein in Quorn products, but I'm in London and I'm not sure that they are available in USA.

This is their website: http://www.quorn.co.uk/

Their products are good because they contain absolutely no cholesterol and also low in saturated fat, and the most important: meat free. :)

They are available in the US - the selection is smaller unfortunately.