How long has it taken you to get where you are?

Options

Replies

• tbrown336
    Options
    I've lost 22 pounds since May 1, 2012 I'm feeling better than I ever have. Eating healthy, playing Bball three times a week and I have tons of energy. Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work.
  • LisaWilson2012
    LisaWilson2012 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I started on the 28th June but I reached my goal on the 13th October!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Total, it's been a year and a half. I lost 25lbs from May 2011-August 2011, had a cross-country move and thought I was happy where I was weight-wise so I maintained that loss within 5 pounds... until May 2012 and then lost 20 more over the summer and am still trying to loose another handful of pounds.

I will say that the first 25 practically fell off... the last 20.. well... not so much.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    1 year or so
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    I started May 29th, 2012, so it has taken 51/2 months to lose 72lbs. I still have 50lbs more to go but I think that will take a little longer.
    My biggest struggle was getting into exercise, I hated excercise in any form, but started slowly with walking and now I do the elliptical 6 days a week at med-high intensity and level 6 on my incline. Each week I up the intensity and will also up the incline.
    I am going to start with a personal trainer in two weeks so that will be a whole new experience LOL!

Good luck to all!
  • Brussel_Sprout81
    Options
    LaMujerMasBon - I feel like you. I've been working on losing 20 lbs. for over a year now! I am down 4, but still have a long way to go. I've lost a lot of body fat (about 5%). That scale is just battling me.

I've been working with a nutritionist and have been on thyroid medicine for several months now. My last appointment, I lost 3 lbs. in 5 weeks. Hopefully, my next appointment will bring similar results.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've lost 33 pounds in 9 months.
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I spent about 35 years doing the yo-yo and finally 'got it' about 4 years ago. I'm working as hard as ever at maintaining, but it's wonderful to be battling to stay at the healthy end rather then struggling to leave the other end of poor health and negative behavior. This battle is uplifting, the old battle was depressing. My wish is for you to find your balance at a younger age then I did!
  • 1917Ashley
    1917Ashley Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    41 pounds since June 25th! I would have lost more but in the beginning I wasn't as disciplined as I am now.
  • cunokyle
    cunokyle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have lost 75 pound over the course of 1 1/2 years. My biggest problem...not really problem, but issue being that I will go good for 4 - 6 months and then lose the drive to keep pushing. However, at that point I then try to maintain my weight within 10 pounds so that when I do get back into the weight loss thing, I do not have as much to make up. Plus, I figure if I get into a habit of maintaining, when I do reach my goal it will be easier for me to not gain the weight back!
  • natural813
    natural813 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I started back in March of this year. I have lost 63 pounds since...
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    LaMujerMasBon - I feel like you. I've been working on losing 20 lbs. for over a year now! I am down 4, but still have a long way to go. I've lost a lot of body fat (about 5%). That scale is just battling me.

I've been working with a nutritionist and have been on thyroid medicine for several months now. My last appointment, I lost 3 lbs. in 5 weeks. Hopefully, my next appointment will bring similar results.
    In my case, I struggled with PCOS & type 2 diabetes which is why it took me 3 long years to lose those 22 kilos (about 50 pounds). I've been maintaining for one year now via heavy weight lifting.

I'm sure you can do it too :)
  • Walkin4Lyfe
    Walkin4Lyfe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a year and a couple of months to get here. It's definitely been a challenge though! I've lost 74 lbs and for now I'm maintaining at 143 lbs. I'd like to shed 15 more lbs in the near future.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    About a year and a half. It didn't come off slowly, but it's staying off at least :)
  • luv2run
    luv2run Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I took a long time to lose weight, I guess it wasnt always my focus, I started 5 years ago, I lost about 15 pounds before joining this site, and have lost 39 more pounds over the past 3 years, I changed my life slowly, I started out at the gym but didn't change the way I ate for awhile, it wasn't really until I started running about 3 years ago that I started to really change the way I ate I realized I was busting my butt running 5-6 miles but wrecking it by what I was eating, I really cleaned up my eating 1-1/2 ago and the in the beginning of this year I became a vegeterian and was able to lose the last 10 pounds, I try really hard to eat healthy doesnt always happen but I think for me because I cut things out really slowly it has become more of a lifestyle change than a diet, I know I won't go back to eating how I was before, I don't eat perfectly everyday or for every meal, its still a work in progress as far as nutrition goes, its hard when you have 4 boys running around and they are so excited to eat as healthy if I had my way we would all be vegans but that wont fly around here, lol!!!
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have been working at this since August, but didn't start seriously logging until recently. I am seeing results in my chest, arms, legs and face... Now I am just waiting for my gut to fall in line ;-)

I have a couple pics on my profile of where I started (green shirt) and where I am as of this morning (black shirt).
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    So far I have lost 12lbs in a little over a month. I am having troubles getting over this hurdle any ideas?
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I have been working on this since Feb. 17, 2012. I am almost half way. SW 260 today 211. I had just turned 51 and was hurting all the time. I couldn't walk up one flight of steps without loosing my breath. I had torn my achilles tendon, broken my nose, found out I had osteoarthritis in my neck, both knees hurt when I moved. So I woke up one morning and said this has got to change. Most of the problems all came about the same time. When I turned 50 I was falling apart. I have set a mini goal of being 1/2 way and I almost made it this morning. My next mini goal is starting a new set of numbers. One that starts with a 1!!!. Then my goal for 100 lbs lost is May 1, 2013. Then for my husband and my 25 year anniversary we are going to something very special. We just haven't decided where yet!
  • jb55mee
    jb55mee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You are all amazing people, well done.

I'm on week 9 with 15lbs lost and taking this slow and steady as I have a long journey ahead of me. I'm giving myself small goals so that this is more achievable. I have changed my eating habits and now have breakfast every day, and take time for lunch, which I think is why I'm seeing results.

I love this site because reading the posts keeps me focussed.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    In July of 2009, I went to my doctor for a regular check up. I weighed 204 and my blood pressure and cholesterol was way high. I started walking everyday and doing workouts at Curves three times a week. I lost about 40 pounds in about 6 months and continued working out and walking was was holding my own. I was never really watching what I eat. I noticed the weight creeping back on until I was back up about 15 pounds. I told my doctor what was going on and she suggested MFP. I started in July of 2012 and have lost 31 pounds and for a grand total of 54 pounds since 2009. I have never felt better and logging my calories and exercise I hope will help me keep it off for good. I am starting on maintenance trying to figure out the correct number of calories to eat and maintain where I am. I feel like this is the answer for me. Plus the added benefit of friends and reading all the inspiring success stories.

P.S. Blood pressure and cholesterol where they should be now!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!