Is this cheating (weigh in)

Options
2»

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen, you're supposed to log it this week, then next week make a dramatic post about how you've gained 2lb, or stayed the same.

Marry me.
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's cheating and you are only cheating yourself.
    But, as long as you are aware it's just water weight and you are OK with it and with the fact that numbers will go up again, I guess it's fine.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    You're just cheating yourself with that one.
    You aren't weighing in for a competition,you're doing it to track your progress.... so weigh in at the same time, every time to eliminate variables.

Otherwise you end up with a good weight loss this week, then you either "gain" or don't lose much next week because you got rid of water before your previous weigh in.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    hopefully there will soon come a time where you look back at this and ask yourself why on earth were you so obsessed with a number that is basically meaningless as compared to how you look and feel
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    It's not cheating. Your weight is your weight. It's no more cheating then if you weighed yourself after you drank 2 litres of water. Or weighed in the day after you had a binge day of salt.

It's just not consistent. In order to get a realistic loss number then you need to make sure that your water weight is relatively the same from weigh in to weigh in.

You're more then welcome to log it. It's your diary, you can do with it what you will. As long as you realize that your weight WILL go back up as your water regulates itself.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I would say it is. Unless you are going to log your weight every week after a run than it won't be totally accurate results.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Is it going to matter a year from now, or a month from now? Don't sweat the small stuff. Life is too short.