Can I Ask a Question?

Options
124»

Replies

• hpsNcrvs
    Options
    I get it! No I am not a guy so maybe this won't help but Seriously! Why are the guys at the gym all flexing and trying to out man each other? This is my least favorite part about the gym which is why I joined planet fitness. I really enjoy it when the meat heads get booted for flexing and dropping weights too much. Pissing contests are never attractive!

Keep on dancing! Ignore the meat heads who have commented and who may look down on your enjoyment of your non testosterone ruled workout!

Omg, I love this!!!!
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think it's weird. But... each to their own. I mean - there is no politically correct way to explain why I think it's weird. You are worried in a male dominated place that you will have to fight to show dominance - so you take up a mostly female activity in a public place and post about it on the internet - that's weird logic.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    The part I find weird is that you said..
    I do not like to deal with other males... I feel like I have to be prepared to get into a physical fight in a male dominated environment

Are you that insecure in your manhood that you think you need to fight any other men around to prove you are a man? I don't get it.

He probably meant that he's worried that another guy will pick a fight with him. >.<

I see no issue without it, besides he could get popular among the ladyfolk. :wink:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i think it is weird.

why? Its a killer workout if you exert yourself even halfway, the music is fun, the atmosphere is accepting- why is that weird?

he asked a question, and i gave him my honest answer.

i think it's weird.

But WHY?

because i do.

i think it's weird.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's weird...

...but everyone has something weird that they do. Congrats on yours being good for you AND that you are surrounded by women too.

(Full disclosure: I may or may not have taken a hip-hop class with my wife a few years ago.)
    Ok that's just downright adorable and awesome.

There. I fixed it for you.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    It may be a little weird...but I like weird. :smile: It sounds like it is working well for you, so enjoy!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I find it odd.

Especially if you are wording it that you would rather stare at the girls and are afraid to be around other males because you are waiting for a fight. I think you need to figure out what causes the insecurities and odd social issues.

Then enjoy Zumba for what it is. A work out.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    :wink:
    i think it is weird.

why? Its a killer workout if you exert yourself even halfway, the music is fun, the atmosphere is accepting- why is that weird?

he asked a question, and i gave him my honest answer.

i think it's weird.

But WHY?

because i do.

i think it's weird.

Ok, I asked because your input as to why is a value to me- I teach the program. If I know the why for some, (of course not in any way trying to influence you) just wanting feedback- and I ask a lotta questions-it makes me better at what I do, and what I can give to each person in a class to meet their need. I put a lot of fitness into my Zumba classes, (much due to the Zumba Toning training I took) and maybe less dance than some others- because I want to meet those needs for anyone who wants to step out of their comfort zone.

Thx for your input all- I am on this thread OP because your question is great, your passion for your workout encouraging to those who teach fitness classes!!
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    I would do Zumba with you!
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I know Zumba is sexy!! I know weight training is sexy!! I know sweat is sexy!!And what is more sexy than all of it??? Confidence is sexy as hell!!!!

Rock your body in whatever form you wish, love yourself for every success and every ounce of sweat!!
  • Scott_Chaput
    Options
    I don't take Zumba as I don't have the coordination or rhythm required.

I do a kickboxing class and spin though and those are mostly women... I also like working out with mostly women, not for any creepy reason just feel more comfortable. If you're getting fit doing it then keep doing it... No reason to feel bad about it.

I also order fruity drinks when I'm at a party because dammit they taste good!

Of course then I will kick back some whiskey shots for good measure.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My question for everyone reading this thread is simply do you think it is weird for me to say that Zumba and other types of cardio dance are my favorite forms of exercise?

One of the reasons why I do Zumba, and hip-hop dance is that I cannot do contact sports since I have an implantable cardioverter defibrillator... Another reason is that I feel much more comfortable working out with women because I do not like to deal with other males... I feel like I have to be prepared to get into a physical fight in a male dominated environment... In addition, I love dance...

Sometimes, I get very weird looks from people who are not in my Zumba or hip-hop dance classes... Not as much in my hip-hop dance classes since I am the only guy there... I think that this is very true in the part of the country where I live.

Can't they realize that I like to date women as much as any other ordinary guy... Besides, women are attractive while males are not...

I am tired of having to explain myself to a bunch of idiots...

Thank you in advance for reading this thread.

Not weird at all. As a woman, I would rather work out with a bunch of guys instead of a bunch of mousy females. And, they are much better to look at! Lol
  • peachhunting
    peachhunting Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Years ago I joined a aerobics class with all girls. Didnt take long for my buddy to join me...probably the best way to pick up great girls.