Ugg Boots

Options
fiveferrels
fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
My daughter wants a pair for Christmas, whats so special about them?

Replies

• BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    $$$$$
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    They're so comfortable.

And, depending on her age, she probably wants them because everyone has them.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Everytime I see someone with UGGS on I wonder if they wear Crocs in the Summer.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    It's a status thing. You aren't "cool" if you don't own Uggs. If you buy her the off brand, she will cry.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    They are comfortable and last a long time. Well, I say that, but I don't have any UGG boots, but I've been wearing UGG slippers for 10+ years now.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

:laugh: same here!
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think they are really ugly!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Just get the knock off. They are just as warm and comfy
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    They are sheepskin boots and well made. They stay cooler in the summer and warm in the winter.

I like them. I don't wear Crocs.

I have a pair of boots, couple pairs of clog style I can wear to work and a pair of slippers.....

I can't believe I just admitted this.

and yes.....as LGS said....if you get her knockoffs she will cry, and they usually aren't as well made.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

What is wrong with crocs?!?!?!
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have heard that they provide no support for her feet. Not a good thing for a growing person.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Uggs + miniskirt = WTF
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    uggs look hot compared to these things that i saw just come out in a popular shoe store here.. hahahahaha

boots.jpg

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=67157745
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I have two pairs because Tom Brady says they're cool. Just kidding. What does he know? He's just married to a supermodel.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

Exactly. Both are hideous.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I have to add, I dont own a pair. I have worn a pair and they are comfy. But they are made with real animal fur and I'm against that. I buy the "knockoff" brands that don't use animal fur. Much cheaper and still comfy :)
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My daughter wants a pair for Christmas, whats so special about them?

They are made with sheepskin on the inside and you can wear them barefoot and your feet stay warm. They last a long time if taken care of properly. I own a pair and love them they are very comfortable boots. FYI to those that want to know, No I do not own a pair of crocs, and no they aren't a status thing either. It's no different than owning a pair of name brand tennis shoes. Which if you get a good pair of name brand tennis shoes it would run the same amount. To the OP kids UGG boots are cheaper than the adults.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

except crocs are hideous and usually seen on trailer trash types, or hippies....and I almost always see uggs on gorgeous model looking women. Could be a California thing though.

Not much is hotter than Uggs with a skirt and tan legs.
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I bought the knock off brand and they say UGG minus the outrageous. I paid about $60-$80 for mine and they look like the $250 pair I saw in the store. I still think $60 is a lot of money for shoes.

This year I found sequin one's on the internet for like $22 bucks and though not quite as soft as the UGGs they are 10 times cuter. Everywhere I go in them someone compliments them. And you can't beat that price.

I'm sure she wants the name brand though. Good luck in trying to convince her otherwise.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

except crocs are hideous and usually seen on trailer trash types, or hippies....and I almost always see uggs on gorgeous model looking women. Could be a California thing though.

Not much is hotter than Uggs with a skirt and tan legs.

Wrong!

full_no-uggs-with-skirt.jpeg