40 Day Juicing Fast:)

Options

Replies

• samncam
    Options
    can people please ad me im new to this and will love any help support ect:)
  • Vixiedust
    Vixiedust Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the POSITIVE support. This is why I came to share my experience on myfitnesspal, because I know there are POSITIVE people out there. I wish you all luck on your weight loss journeys!:) I will do weekly updates if anyone is interested:)
  • KBM51
    KBM51 Posts: 8
    Options
    i did it for nine days and lost 20 pounds...if folks would watch the movie (available on Netflix) it would make sense and see that there were other medical benefits. I quit because of some of the reasons already mentioned such as expense and processing but it is good to do periodically and makes sense technically. (and i did start smelling like a vegetable, LOL)

After 50 years of dieting i am finally doing what i should have done all along by counting calories and watching portions and combinations. Skipping meals, then overeating wrong foods and starches always my downfall. Hope i have finally figured it out....LOL! Down 34 pounds in 55 days.

Good luck to you and get checked by your doctor regularly!
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I read that last thing on the list as "Beer 50%".... that would be a juice of a different color!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I saw that movie also, and I was impressed with what I saw. I considered doing it briefly, but I really dont think I would stick with it for that long. I have always felt like I needed something to chew, not just a drink, Back in the day I tried slim fast, etc and it never worked for me. But I think it is a good thing to try. Like the others said, you still have to change your eating habits after the juice fast though, or you will gain it all back.

I do credit this movie with making me really think about what I was doing to my body. I saw Forks Over Knives shortly thereafter and switched to a plant based diet, which is working really well for me, and is something I like and can stick with.

Best of luck to you!
  • SlowlyShrinkinginCA
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am embarking on a journey to lose weight on a 40 day juice fast. After watching the documentary, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" I was inspired to juice for 40 days to jumpstart a healthier lifestyle. I encourage anyone interested to join me in this journey, we can do it together! I currently weigh 210lbs. I am 5'4, my goal weight is 150lbs.! So as you can see I have a long journey ahead of me. Please add me as a friend if you would like motivation or support, even if you aren't intrested in the juice fast. I am a great cheerleader! :)

To love, life and happiness, Cheers!:drinker:

-DreamUpstream

Good for you!!
    I have done several juice fasts for a week at a time and find they are an incredible way to jump start a healthy eating plan. I would love to do more than 7 days, but it does get costly and is very tedious. Tough to maintain when you are also taking care of a family at the same time! I was planning a 4 day juice fast starting tomorrow, as I have been vacationing, celebrating and with that GAINING. Hoping to do the fast to re-boot my healthy eating and get on track. Good luck to you!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the juicing fast. I, too, saw the video and was motivated to give it a try. I did see some early results, However, the juicer ejector port would get clogged while in use, was very cumbersome to clean, and I didn't like throwing away the pulp and healthy fiber that was ejected from the juicer. After a couple of weeks, I was able to return the juicer and opted for a Vitamix blender that pulverizes the fruits and vegetables without the waste. Clean up is a cinch. Again, good luck to you. The results the from the video were amazing!
    Vitamix rocks! I love mine!
  • jpingtella
    Options
    what video is everyone talking about?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am embarking on a journey to lose weight on a 40 day juice fast. After watching the documentary, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" I was inspired to juice for 40 days to jumpstart a healthier lifestyle.

HAHAHA good one!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am embarking on a journey to lose weight on a 40 day juice fast. After watching the documentary, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" I was inspired to juice for 40 days to jumpstart a healthier lifestyle. I encourage anyone interested to join me in this journey, we can do it together! I currently weigh 210lbs. I am 5'4, my goal weight is 150lbs.! So as you can see I have a long journey ahead of me. Please add me as a friend if you would like motivation or support, even if you aren't intrested in the juice fast. I am a great cheerleader! :)

To love, life and happiness, Cheers!:drinker:

-DreamUpstream

I seen that documentary as well. I think for me 40 days would be very difficult. But, I did replace my breakfast with a "mean green" every morning. Yes, it can be a little more spendy but you are having healthy vegetables and fruits. If you get a decent juicer you shouldnt have any issues. I wouldn't go with anthing cheaper than 100.00 though.
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've done 40 day fast but not normally for weight loss but for bible fasting either way you lose weight. It's very hard to do but generally after 10 days your body stops registering hunger., first 3 days are the worse. You will come out a new person on so many levels.
  • SlowlyShrinkinginCA
    Options
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck. I personally always advocate for lifestyle changes over diets like a juice fast. Everyone I've known who has done some sort of fast like that has always gained the weight right back. It's just not sustainable. I urge you to consider a healthier and more sustainable option. However, if you've got your mind made up, I wish you luck with whatever you choose.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Only juice? For 40 days? Holy diarrhea batman :noway:

Truth tea.... just don't sneeze

I_3dd140_2162661.gif
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    From a combination of fruits and veggies:)

See table below:

Protein Comparison:

•Bananas: 4 percent
    •Cucumbers: 11 percent
    •Oranges: 7 percent
    •Green Leaf Lettuce: 22 percent
    •Watermelon: 7 percent
    •Eggs: 37 percent
    •Whole Milk: 23 percent
    •Beef: 50 percent.

What on earth do these percentages have to do with anything? These tell you NOTHING about how much protein you will be getting. You need to look at volume and protein content.

1 cup lettuce has maybe 0.5 - 1 gram of protein. 1 cup of cooked lean beef has 25-35 grams of protein.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    i watched that documentary and my only problem with it is you are rapidly losing weight so you will just go from being a big blob to a smaller blob...

weight loss is not a quick thing you didnt gain the weight in 40 days so why are you trying to get rid of it in 40 days. those juice fast are doing nothing but removing water from your body you are not losing fat.

eat clean, do some cardio, and lift weights... those are the keys to good weight reduction.
  • Yani51
    Yani51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who went on a supervised 30 day water fast about 20 years ago and has maintained her healthy weight level since.
    For those that can see it through for 30 - 40 days the evidence is there that it works.
    It's not for me however. It is hard enough losing weight the conventional way and, like 'JohnnyBLean' I also don't "like throwing away the pulp and healthy fiber". That "Vitamix blender" sounds like a good idea though.
  • faireplay
    Options
    Ummm better double check your protein counts...hate to tell you this but green leaf lettuce is NOT 22% protein.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great.

My husband did a two week one and then stopped because he was getting dizzy and having light headed spells, so be careful!

Make sure to be doctor supervised, because I think this can be dangerous if not done correctly.

That being said, best of luck to you on all your goals!

Lauren
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    seems legit

LOLOLOL