• STC189
    STC189 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Only juice? For 40 days? Holy diarrhea batman :noway:

This one. :)
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I managed to do it for 6 days. I felt like I was going to die. By the 6th day, I could barely choke down the juice.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    btw i have a breville and let me tell you that thing is a b%$^ch to clean... i only use it once a day every so often... if you are making juice 3 times a day that will become a pain in the *kitten*. because of oxidation it is not like you can make it in advance either has to be made fresh for each drink
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    From a combination of fruits and veggies:)

See table below:

Protein Comparison:

•Bananas: 4 percent
    •Cucumbers: 11 percent
    •Oranges: 7 percent
    •Green Leaf Lettuce: 22 percent
    •Watermelon: 7 percent
    •Eggs: 37 percent
    •Whole Milk: 23 percent
    •Beef: 50 percent.

MMMM Beef juice!! *gag*
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    How do you plan on losing the weight you gain back once you start eating food again?
  • JohnnyBLean
    JohnnyBLean Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I want to encourage you to following your leading. Good luck you to you!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    NOoooooooooooooooooooooooo
    133162641960.gif
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    wine is juice right?
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    40 days of juice only? What workouts will you be doing?

And whatever happened to eating healthy and exercising?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Plus unless you make permanent changes after the fast, you will gain all the weight back.

I guess I always had a hard time buying into the cleansing stuff...Maybe it's just me.

It's not just you.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm curious- what's your game plan *after* the 40 days?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    1315866438227_8092719.png
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    OMG ITS A HELLO KITTY TURKEY THATS GREAT GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR FAST I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS LEST YOU BE LEAD INTO TEMPTATION
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do this I'd be starving x
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You're gonna need it.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm currently juicing with the Mean Green "drink" that Joe used in the movie. It's not as hard as people make it out to be, although I have done many cleanses over the years, this is the most satisfying. I'm sure you'll do great! Just remember to drink a ton of water, and have about 4 16-20 oz juices per day. The Mean Green juice is: 4 kale leaves, 1 cucumber, 2 green apples, 3 stalks celery, 1/2 lemon, and a piece of ginger. I sometimes mix it up and use spinach, but you want to try to keep fruit to apples only.

You can also drink herbal teas during the cleanse. Best of luck! :flowerforyou:

For the naysayers: Please watch the movie "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead", or visit the website. This is the documentary of Joe, who underwent a 60 day juice cleanse to rid his body of not only fat, but bad habits, and a debilitating auto-immune system. It was a doctor supervised cleanse. He was able to get off all his meds by the end of the cleanse.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Can we talk more about JOURNEY??
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I would research the down sides to this. While it did have some great effects, going on a mostly paleo style diet coupled with good high intensity exercise, you will lose weight, and be stronger. Just losing weight from drinking nothing but juice isn't going to improve your muscle structure, respiratory system, and will likely be a fad instead of a lifestyle change. I just watched it 2 weekends ago & was inspired to go ahead and start juicing (i'd been on the fence since veggie nutrients are what I lack) and I've just added juicing in as part of my diet. I've cut way back on grains, processed foods, almost no fast food at all (I got really sick to my stomach when I got talked into grabbing a burger & fries). I feel much better, have more energy, and I've starting doing crossfit which will likely really push me over the plateau I was on. Before this I was doing Lee Labrada's Lean Body Challenge which can be found at bodybuilding.com under "find a plan" i think. It's good for men and women that want to strength train as well as get in your cardio and some HIT (high intensity training).

The juice fast should be overseen by a doctor, and I would not recommend doing any HIT while on it. Just because someone can do something and get good results doesn't make it the right way to do it.

Also read up on the dangers of juicing in regard to the metal mineral problems from some veggies, beets for example. Google around, do your homework....but again, I'd just suggest using juicing as PART of your tool chest in reaching your goals. Fat & out of shape doesn't suck as bad as being within your BMI and being out of shape, but out of shape plain sucks, so might as well kill two birds with one stone and just change your lifestyle.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    seems legit

Oh man, I freakin laughed at this...