Ugg Boots

Options

Replies

• Masqueraded
    Options
    Everytime I see someone with UGGS on I wonder if they wear Crocs in the Summer.

except crocs are hideous and usually seen on trailer trash types, or hippies....and I almost always see uggs on gorgeous model looking women. Could be a California thing though.

Not much is hotter than Uggs with a skirt and tan legs.

Wrong!

full_no-uggs-with-skirt.jpeg

Wrong is right. When I see this, I'm simply confused whether they are hot or cold.
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have a knock off pair I got from the animal rescue site for $25, purple,super cute, cruelty free and the money benefits charity. I don't really wear them for style though; I have terrible circulation in my feet and they extremely warm in the winter.
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    These are my Crocs. They have come a long ways!! I wouldn't wear the ones with holes in them.

crocs-hover-mid-sneakers-for-men-women-3-colors

These are just knock-off Converse Chucks.

Yeah, I know, but at $20 they are cheaper then Chucks. And two of my doctors wanted me in crocs a long time ago, this way I can wear them and still make them and my feet happy.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    These are my Crocs. They have come a long ways!! I wouldn't wear the ones with holes in them.

crocs-hover-mid-sneakers-for-men-women-3-colors

These are just knock-off Converse Chucks.

Yeah, I know, but at $20 they are cheaper then Chucks. And two of my doctors wanted me in crocs a long time ago, this way I can wear them and still make them and my feet happy.

I have a feeling your docs meant the original Crocs(possibly to let your feet breathe?)...as I cannot imagine why they would suggest that brand in general as something good, medically speaking.
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm in a wheelchair and they way my feet sit on a chair can cause pressure. They recommended both Crocs and Uggs for the softness. I finally came around as more styles became available. Even though I am sitting I still want to be fashionable. I rarely wear the Crocs (more of a summer shoe) and now that it's cold it's BOOTS, BOOTS, and more BOOTS! I am looking forward to my new chair -- my vendor is designing a footplate that will move so I should be able to wear just about any shoe I want because the footplate will even out the pressure as opposed to a shoe doing it. I am a shoe diva.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Because every girl knows that you aren't "cool" unless you have ugly footwear!

Crocs, Birkenstocks & socks, Uggs, Emus...they're all fugly.
    Uggs aren't even water proof, either. You might as well just send her outside in the snow wearing slippers.
    Not worth the money. Hopefully your daughter will pull her head out of her bum and realize in 4 months time that having you buy her something practical for xmas was a better decision
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Crocs are definitely not trailer trash or hippie--- lots of us in the medical field wear them and I hear chefs like them too. They're cheap, light, comfortable and can be cleaned more easily than other shoes.

Yep! I'm a cook and wear Crocs to work! Easy to wear, don't slip, and protect my feet from hot oil and other crap.
    I also have a pair of knock-off Uggs that I wear around the house when it's too cold. Sometimes you just need something easy and functional to slip on!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    My husband says he will divorce me if I ever wear Uggs. Hahaha. We live in California though so it doesn't really get that cold here. If I lived in a snow place or something I would probably be sporting moon boots or whatever required to not freeze and tell him to shove them up his...... HA
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Everytime I see someone with UGGS on I wonder if they wear Crocs in the Summer.

except crocs are hideous and usually seen on trailer trash types, or hippies....and I almost always see uggs on gorgeous model looking women. Could be a California thing though.

Not much is hotter than Uggs with a skirt and tan legs.

Not in the UK. They are mostly worn by chavs just because they are 'label'. Which is a shame 'cause they do look very warm & comfy.
    Oh, and I do wear Crocs, but only the flip-flops, they are soooooo comfy.:wink:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I own 3 pairs of Ugg's... all which I love.

They are comfy, warm.. and when all my friends complain about how their feet are freezing, I just laugh because none of them will listen to me when I tell them that.

Go check out Nordstorm Rack if you have one.. I found a pair there over the summer for 70 bucks.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Because every girl knows that you aren't "cool" unless you have ugly footwear!

Crocs, Birkenstocks & socks, Uggs, Emus...they're all fugly.
    Uggs aren't even water proof, either. You might as well just send her outside in the snow wearing slippers.
    Not worth the money. Hopefully your daughter will pull her head out of her bum and realize in 4 months time that having you buy her something practical for xmas was a better decision

Well I would rather look good than be be cool I guess
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My daughter wants a pair for Christmas, whats so special about them?

I just bought my daughter some and they are too cute! I've always wanted some because I tend to follow the "herd" at times. They look super comfy and she LOVES wearing them. I suggest waiting to get them until her shoe size is set though. Thankfully I got mine for 50% off. lol
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ugg boots are warm and comfy now...you can always buy the knock offs. That's what I did! Saved lots of $$$$ LOL
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    They are adorable. LOVE THEM!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    UGGs (or the cheaper brand of Bearclaws) are just comfortable. They're like slippers that are made to wear outside.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Unless it's an older kid (15+) I probably wouldn't bother. They're expensive and not worth buying for someone whose shoe size is changing quickly. I have a few pairs, and I love how comfortable they are, but I probably wouldn't get them for a young kid. Just my personal opinion though.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I spend a lot of time in ice rinks and I resisted Uggs for the longest time.. but I gave in last year and now I can't live without them. They are super warm and comfy - no socks! My sexy high heeled boots just don't cut it rink side. There is a reason this trend has stuck around.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    THEY ARE NOT OUTDOOR SHOES, STOP WEARING THEM OUTSIDE.
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    There just awesome!! I have a tall-boot pair and a pair of open ones. I love the open ones but I can't drive in them! Its so frustrating.
  • whatthedeuce23
    whatthedeuce23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love them because I hate wearing socks, and you don't have to wear them with the sheepskin lining. They're super comfortable, but also expensive..depending on how old your daughter is and how well she'd take care of them I'd go with a knockoff, as they're not good for running in the snow /water (they can handle it, but they don't look as good after..)! Good luck!