Is it bad that..

Options
.. I want to really commit to exercising after new year (New years resolution) and just focus on my calories and food for the moment ??

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You have to start somewhere, right? The best program is the one you'll do. Good luck!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% what you eat. No it isn't bad.
    I've only been barely exercising (walking), and I've lost 25lbs. You can do it!!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Don't worry after the new year about 60% of the people in the gym are new members.. that lasts about 3 months.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    No it's not bad. I rarely EVER set time to exercise. I don't have much extra time in my schedule at the moment. Most is getting taken up by school and doc appointments lately. I watch what I eat and that's how I'm staying on track. I lost 40 lbs in 2 months before just watching my diet, of course I was 18 when I did this, lol
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    I am not the type of person that says "I will do this in x amount of time" - I have to start it there and then otherwise I won't bother.

Why set a "new years resolution" now? Why not just start it now??
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Not bad at all.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I think eating is the most important part. Which is why I struggle. i can exercise all day to the cows come home. Diet is my weakness.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's bad as long as you are starting something now and agree that 80% of weight is what you eat.
    The only problem with puting off until "tomorrow" is if tomorrow never happens.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Nope, one thing at a time. Start with your food, get comfortable with everything in that regard and then add on from there. Do what is right for you.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    It's a busy, stressful time right around the holidays and people tend to overindulge in goodies and treats. Sometimes I need my 15 or 30 minute walk to de-stress and have a little time to myself. Just choosing to be active for that small time most days does a lot for your body and mind. Fit it in if you can. Good luck.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Its definitely not "bad" - diet is SOOO important, so if you need to take time to get a grip on it, you should

BUUUT:
    imagine where you would be and how you would look on New Years if you started to concentrate on BOTH food and exercise NOW? Just a thought... Cause I am so thankful that I started my exercise/healthy eating no later than I did.

But this isn't a race, so no rush I guess... Wish you the best, and do whats best for you!
    I was just putting that thought out there xx
  • rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Dieting is the important part but exercise is good for your heart health, we all need some exercise whether it be walking or a workout at the gym, which ever suits us best. And it doesnt have to be hours, 30 minutes a day or even 20, 4/5 times a week will make a big difference.

So set a date (doesnt have to be new year) and just do it :smile: Good luck
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's that bad, as long as you commit to your goals in the future. A lot of us on our weight loss journey try to bite off more than they can chew at first (restricting calories, over-analyzing macros, exercising 7x a week), so if you need to ease yourself into a healthier lifestyle- go for it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Not bad! I had to tackle this in stages, too. I started with food, and once I felt comfortable with those changes, I added exercise. I'm about to add strength training soon. It was overwhelming to me to contemplate making all the changes at once.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    No, but starting today would be better
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    No, I think its a good way to start. I got my eating in check for a couple of months before I came back here and then I started exercising. Baby steps make big changes bite-sized and easier to deal with :flowerforyou:
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    Why put off what you can do today, till tomorrow, next week, next month or the next year?
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Don't worry after the new year about 60% of the people in the gym are new members.. that lasts about 3 months.

^^ this .. and I HATE going to the gym after the first few months of the year, its so crowded and so many CARDIO HOGS...
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Think about this though, weight loss with diet without exercise will make you look good with clothes on. Weight loss with diet and exercise will make you look good with your clothes off. It's your choice.
  • sunshinefrei
    Options
    Thats ok!!! You have a plan and that is important!! If you need support add me if you want!
    Have a great day!
    Cheri