I hate drinking 8 glasses of water a day!

Options

Replies

• IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    I hate breathing oxygen!!

Yes!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I chug water like a champ at the gym. Otherwise, I hardly drink it. In one lifting session, I usually down about 7-9 cups. So I get all of my water in before 7am.

On my off days I hardly get enough water, maybe 4 cups.... But I'm still making progress. Even though I have a slight Diet Coke addiction....But that's for another post :drinker:
  • bdart
    bdart Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i would be so dehydrated on only 8 cups per day.. i drink close to 3 litres

agreed!
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It's a guideline.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Me too, last year it was my new years resolution to drink 8 glasses a day and i've stuck to it but i still just don't like it all that much. I tend to just down it i.e 4 glasses before 10.30am, another 2 before 1.30pm and then i down the last 2 when i get home from work, seems to make it easier. Although i don't overly like it, i've noticed i never get thirsty compared to days where i slack having it (which is rare)
  • r0siep0s1e
    Options
    So don't. I don't. Don't worry about it. That you NEED to is a myth.

Hmmm. Not so sure about that.

Randomised Control Trials have now shown an increase in weight loss associated with drinking water. We might prefer the earth to be flat - but the evidence says its round. We may hate drinking so much water, but the evidence show it works. Articles on research in Nature (2008, 2010 and 2012)
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Then don't. Nobody's making you.

Sheesh.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    It's a guideline.

Like posted speed "limits", and "no trespassing" signs. Oh wait...
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I never buy fresh lemon anymore because it goes bad so fast, and if i put it in my water it gets gross during the workday. so I get Mio lemonade instead. Same taste, a tiny squirt gives a hint of lemon flavor that doesn't taste like fake lemonade.
  • Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I hate eating eight pieces of pizza too...so I always have them just cut it into four slices instead.

:laugh:

I would feel so crummy if I didn't drink a lot of water. I drink green tea in the morning at work and then have a 32-oz. water bottle on my desk and use Crystal Light. I try to drink that between 1:00 and 5:00. I also have plastic 32-oz. cups at home, so with my dinner I'll drink one of those. I've found it helps keep me extra full so I'm not tempted to snack after dinner. Then before bed I drink another big cup. Yes, it makes me wake up a few times during the night to pee, but I feel so much better in the morning.
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Mio
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    24005161.jpg
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    http://www.allaboutwater.org/drink-water.html

http://thetaoofgoodhealth.com/10-health-reasons-why-you-should-drink-more-water-4/

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/6-reasons-to-drink-water

*It won't kill you if you don't and if you really hate it don't but...you should try to drink more than you normally do/or used to... it's it is worth it to drink a lot of water...it is NOT a myth. It IS very helpful to your overall well-being and healthy lifestyle.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    Water is basically all I ever drink. I'm easily over 100 ozs/day. Sometimes I mix in so 0 cal Sobe Life Water or Propel Zero. But mostly, just plain water. I guess it's just habit at this point.
  • alexroet
    alexroet Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I never drink enough water. And I'm doing fine. I know I should drink more, but, well, I just don't.
    I'm not stressing it.

But I did read a tip the other day that might be helpful-

Fill a gallon jug (or big water bottle of your choice) with however much you want to drink for the day, and put marks on it with times. i.e. drink to this mark by 8am, this one by 10, etc. haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it could help! Good luck!

(small disclaimer- I'm no fitness expert, but I am a doctor. Kidneys are really amazing things and they are very good at maintaining our fluid status. If you're peeing all the time, you're probably drinking more than you need. I don't buy the "flush out the toxins" theory, but, that's just me.)
  • linseychill
    Options
    me too.... id rather be drinking something else... you can all wonder what.
  • LoveRagdolls
    Options
    I agree that drinking more water is good. It helps make you feel more full, so hopefully you will eat less. Of course it's good for flushing the toxins out and staying hydrated for exercise. But why 8 glasses of water? Why is that the magic number? Who decided? Based on what?

Personally, I can't obsess about drinking exactly 8 (or more) glasses of water a day. I have a water bottle at my desk all day, and I agree I drink more from the straw than I would out of a regular cup. Don't know why, I just do. I love adding lemon to my water. My goal is have water handy at all times and drink as much as I can. That's going to have to be good enough.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    me too.... id rather be drinking something else... you can all wonder what.

LOL! Best answer yet. :bigsmile:
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I used to drink iced tea all day long. I switched to crystal light peach iced tea. One packet is 4 glasses of water for me because I find it too strong. I also do mio or lemon slices or just plain water. You get used to it, and no one's making you but I know for me it's helps keep the water weight off which motivates me.