When to say "Screw it!"

Options
2»

Replies

• hen1946
    hen1946 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I had a day like that yesterday Katy. It started with a birthday party where 17 ladies brought food. I did what you did but today I went back to counting calories and took my walk. Dont give up it will be worth it.
  • lesliemojo
    Options
    That's a true binge. Try to figure out why you binged today. Something trigger it? Most binges are emotional. Try to learn from it than give in to it. I've always been an emotional eater, my day to day eating is always healthly. My emotional eating is not. Before you say "screw it", figure out why you're saying it.
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That's a true binge. Try to figure out why you binged today. Something trigger it? Most binges are emotional. Try to learn from it than give in to it. I've always been an emotional eater, my day to day eating is always healthly. My emotional eating is not. Before you say "screw it", figure out why you're saying it.
    I'm tempted to start singing "Bad Day" by the Chipmunks. Haha. (: No, but really it was just boyfriend troubles. Happens to the best of us! I haven't been able to talk to him much, and I've always been someone who focused their self worth on if guys like me, so it's a problem. I know he's madly in love with me and he's just studying, but it doesn't make me feel any better! Plus I went a little over my calories yesterday as well (I ate my maintenance calories, so I didn't have a deficit) so, really, just a bad day.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    Personally, I would end up just binging for the rest of the day. However, that is because I have little to no self-control.

Do whatever you feel is best.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I definitely have days like this sometimes - usually stress - one too many things pile on in my life and I kind of topple over.

I find that having something sweet with fiber helps me - like an apple or even bear naked chocolate granola and almond milk.

For me processed sugar leads to more processed sugar unless I am very careful.

Maybe you can go to a movie or something to be away from food for a bit, and let everything digest a bit?

Sometimes I find stress, fatigue, emotional tension, feeling overwhelmed - all these things I can try to "feed" away, and it's only a temporarily fix.

Also eating all that food for me causes me baaaad indigestion - treat yourself well - you deserve it! I think you should reign things in a bit - and this is from someone who has a very hard time doing that.
  • jdahl01
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day. Sometimes we just hit a road block, just remember to find the alternate way around next time:)
  • FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just because you fell down half a flight of stairs, doesn't mean you should fling yourself down the other half.

^^^ all that needs to be said! Love it!
  • KatyCrum6969
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day. Sometimes we just hit a road block, just remember to find the alternate way around next time:)
    I'll try man!(:
  • anniebelle26
    anniebelle26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love it Lik_11...Im writing that on my white board..Just cuz you fell down half a flight of stairs..doesnt mean you should fling yourself down the second half.LOL I laughed outloud at that one. THANKS
  • tjwoodman
    Options
    Just record everything and make sure you're still at a caloric deficit by the end of the week and it wont make a difference.
  • Rmbleasdal21
    Options
    Just because you fell down half a flight of stairs, doesn't mean you should fling yourself down the other half.

<3 this!

Exactly!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Your theory is basically equivalent to dropping your phone on the floor, picking it up, seeing that its ok, and proceeding to smash it to pieces because it didn't break on the first drop.
    Yeah, but a broken phone is a broken phone. I'm thinking of today as an already messed up day. So I dropped my phone and broke it, and in anger I want to smash it to pieces.
    Your body doesn't know whether it is today or tomorrow. You've messed up your meals so far, doesn't mean your whole day is messed up, it could get a whole lot worse depending on what you do. Saying your whole day is already messed up so might as well go nuts is not really far off saying you've screwed up one day so now your whole week is messed up, might as well start again next week really. Get a handle on the situation now.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Also curious, what is your calorie limit if that stuff has put you that far out of your calorie range?
  • KatyCrum6969
    Options
    My target is 1200, but my BMR is only around 1600.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean - sometimes I'm tempted to just say **** it when the day has gotten away from me by lunch. It's one of the things I'm trying to train myself to do - to get right back on task right away and not make the day even worse.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    You shouldn't be eating below your BMR anyway so you will be fine, just get back on with eating well for the rest of the day, and maybe look at reevaluating your calories for the future.
    Possibly if you are not inadvertently starving yourself you might feel the need to binge less anyway?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

You are supposed to ALWAYS eat over your BMR and below your TDEE. Maybe this is why you are now bingeing, you were starving yourself!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i had a double sized brownie today and readjusted my daily plan so i didnt go overboard.. i been good for three days and couldnt take it anymore ..but i was careful not to eat the whole tray and gave it to roofers doing my roof so i wouldnt be tempted beyond what i had