Save Wilted Salads!!

Options
So I went out of town this week for Spring Break. I came home yesterday and haven't been to the grocery store. In my fridge from before I left, I had about half of a nag of Spring Mix and a small tomato. They hadn't gone bad, but the lettuce was a little wilted and the tomato wasn't quite firm. Still ok to eat, but missing the good crunch and freshness I like in a salad. So then I brainstormed a bit and decided that sauteed spinach is good, so sauteed spinach and romaine might be good too. I chopped everything up (the bag salad and the tomato) and sauteed them in a little olive oil , added some spices (seasoned salt, oregano, Worcestershire, and red pepper) and after it was done sprinkled on parmesan. It was delicious!! I am trying to undo some of my Spring Break eating and drinking and keep my cals really low for a couple of days, so this is all I had but I would recommend doing it over pasta or tuna, there is definitely enough juice for it. So don't let wilted bag salads to go waste ever again!!!!

Replies