MFPers with kids..

Options

Replies

• Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I've got three boys, ages 4, 9 and 11 (all going to have birthdays in the next 2 - 3 months too).

The 11 year old is getting his own computer this year. That's pretty much all he's getting from me besides some new clothes and pc games. Plus it's going to begin a new together time for he and I. I've agreed to set up his Facebook page, he can have Skype to talk to friends and family, and we'll negotiate which sites he's allowed to go to. And he knows every day I'm going to sit with him and look at his online activity and talk to him about it. I believe it's as important for him to know the business of social networking and online security as it is for him to manage his bank account.

So...

The 9 yr old also wants a computer, but he has been de-nied. Too young and not nearly as mature as his bro. He'll be getting a Nintendo DS, not the newest version but the more affordable and just as good DSi.

The youngest wants anything Star Wars. Last year it was John Deere, this year, Lucas. *cries* He lost some cool points for that.

And they ALL want Ninjago *facepalm* The grandparents can take care of that insanity.
  • nyxrun
    nyxrun Posts: 60
    Options
    My 16 year old girl wants an ipad mini, art supplies and itunes gift card.
    My 15 year old son wants Computer components (he's building a 2nd computer) and a Nexus 10
    Even the 7 year old wants "an ipod of music for myself"...and ninjago stuff.
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    My 3.5 yrs old been asking for an iPhone. lol. I don't know where that is coming from.

an Iphone??? buaahahaha! LOL!!

mines are 12 and 15... they want a samsung phone!!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old wants a PS3 - we have a wii and an XBox...and shoot em up games to go with it and $$ and app store GCs - random request from him this year - spy glasses

My 9 year old wants an iPod touch, an energy necklace (this always makes me laugh!) and GCs -
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I've got three boys, ages 4, 9 and 11 (all going to have birthdays in the next 2 - 3 months too).

The 11 year old is getting his own computer this year. That's pretty much all he's getting from me besides some new clothes and pc games. Plus it's going to begin a new together time for he and I. I've agreed to set up his Facebook page, he can have Skype to talk to friends and family, and we'll negotiate which sites he's allowed to go to. And he knows every day I'm going to sit with him and look at his online activity and talk to him about it. I believe it's as important for him to know the business of social networking and online security as it is for him to manage his bank account.

So...

The 9 yr old also wants a computer, but he has been de-nied. Too young and not nearly as mature as his bro. He'll be getting a Nintendo DS, not the newest version but the more affordable and just as good DSi.

The youngest wants anything Star Wars. Last year it was John Deere, this year, Lucas. *cries* He lost some cool points for that.

And they ALL want Ninjago *facepalm* The grandparents can take care of that insanity.
    My son is 4. He can't do legos. So I forsee my fiance and I up until 3am trying to put together all this Ninjago crap.
    I have two weeks to try to get him onto something else.......
    "Hey, aren't the teenage mutant ninja turtles cool?>?>?"
  • cloe31
    cloe31 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old daughter is getting an extra pair of winter boots, and a radio/cd player. Also getting little things for her hair and nail polish but other than that I don't buy her toys she never plays with them.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    My girls are 2 1/2 and 1, and they are each going to get 1 toy, 1 outfit, and 1 book. Since I love going overboard on toy shopping, as much as I spend on my girls, I also spend on new toys to donate.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Legos and nerf guns for the 10 year old. That's all he wants.

The two year old... not entirely sure yet.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    My 6 year old is very into legos so that will be his "big" thing, a lego set and a storage thing for them. He's also into art supplies and wants a scooter.

My 2 year old isn't into much now, but he likes cars/trucks and animals. He's getting a big farm play set for his big gift, books, odds and ends. He'll just end up playing with whatever his brother gets, anyway :)
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Ugh.. Christmas!

This year we will be celebrating Mommas!!
  • FootballMum3Boyz
    FootballMum3Boyz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    We got our 5 year old a razor big wheel that shoots sparks, an easel, big fire truck and a few smaller things. We got our 2 year old a cozy coupe truck, fire truck four wheeler, large dinosuar and a few other things. There together gift is a new train for there train table. They both are also getting new pillow pets and 10 DVDs(together gifts). We did layaways so they are all done, wrapped and hidden just waiting for Christmas.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    What do you get for a 7-8 month old! LOL that is the problem that I am having. I have no clue what her other family members are going to get her but what I am going to get her?

Stuff she can chew on safely. She's probably teething and trying to chew on everything right now, so soft safe toys like that are great. Those teething rings you can freeze are awesome too. Don't spend too much. They outgrow toys like crazy at that age!

They also really like the cardboard box the toys come in....

so really get a BIG cardboard box (empty) and wrap it, she will spend the day entranced with it. True story.

my daughter is getting an iPad, easel, acrylics, canvases, brushes, some other craft stuff, lush bath bombs and a kinect game or two. She is 10.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I get my guy those cheapo remote control helicopters, and tell him to go crazy. It crashes enough that it only lasts a few weeks anyways. That's a pretty epic recyclable gift idea, good for a few weeks of entertainment! Just put the lamps away before you fly it..
  • Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My 19 year old daughter - money (she lives in a different state - so that is easy) - My 13 year old daughter wants nail polish and nail art supplies (she is quite accomplished at painting interesting nails), make-up, earrings and clothes/shoes - she is all girl. She would want an ipad - but wants a smartphone when it's time to update her phone next Oct, so doesn't want to "push it". My 3 year old son - cars, trucks, and trains - that is what he loves! :smile:
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    4 year old wants an Xbox, Wii U and a TV, all for his bedroom.
    He also wants a real motorcycle and an iPhone.

He is getting an acoustic guitar. And maybe those cups that turn any beverage into a Slurpee.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    4 yr old son- GeoTrax train set and a toy crane he has been begging for.

15 month old daughter- Elmo stuffed animal and some touchy/feely books and some pop-up books.
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Me and kids, not so small anymore 22 and 14, and my fiance are doing travel. Kids and me discovered several years ago that family travel is a better gift then getting bunch of stuff. Probably works better with kids that are not small :) We going to spend 6 days in Mexico in all inclusive resort and do some adventure stuff. Fun!

I am getting small gift for each one of them, though. My 14 year old loves photography, and I got her online photography classes. Not sure about my 22 year old yet. Probably something motorcycle related. I will have to ask him, though he always says he wants surprise.

Here he is on his bike.
    Rudy-2012.jpg
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My son will be 14 on Saturday and he wants an iphone 5.....ipad......and he just got his 2nd laptop last year......ugh...so expensive...good thing we just had one....lol
  • goddessofsewing
    goddessofsewing Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old is convinced we're buying her the $150 Disney princess castle...not sure where she got that idea. She and her 2 year old sister each get a new doll, book, and a small art toy to keep them still and quiet(ish) during church. My 7 month old boy will be getting a high chair, board book, and a small toy he can drool on.
  • skir927
    skir927 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My kids are almost-3 and 6. We rarely get them anything beyond little stocking gifts. Our families give them so much stuff that it seems like overkill. As it is, our kids don't get to play with all the stuff they get right away - we hide most of it in a closet and hand it out over the course of the year. I am tempted this year to get a couple of Santa gifts, as they're starting to understand that concept...

The six-year-old asked for socks and books, and the almost-three-year-old wants Thomas trains... He turns 3 in December, so more crazy toy overload.