Fav & Most Hated Christmas Carol

Options

Replies

• misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love most Christmas carols, but I really can NOT stand Christmas Shoes. It's like, why do you have to put a damper on everyone else's good time and be so negative?
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Don't like Christmas Shoes.
    Don't like the stupid hippo song.
    Hate the 12 Days of Christmas (will the song ever end? Please????)

Every time I hear "Do You Hear What I Hear?" I think, how stupid!:
    "A child, a child, shivers in the cold
    Let us bring him silver and gold...." ummmm what about a blanket? Or some warm clothes? I don't think silver and gold will help too much if he's shivering in the cold!

Really like the Italian Christmas Donkey (hee-haa)

I've thought the same thing about Do You Hear What I Hear? !! :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Favorite: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen or Silver Bells. Pretty much a tie. Or for more modern ones, I LOVE Run, Run, Rudolph.

Hated: I know there are several, but I can't think of any right this moment. I guess I don't want to get them stuck in my head!
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Favorites: 12 Days of Christmas- Straight No Chaser version
    The First Noel- Josh Groban
    Pretty much anything done by SNC, Josh Groban, or Michael Buble.
    All I Want For Christmas Is You- From Love Actually

Don't know if I have a least favorite, but some of them are repeated so much that I get annoyed and stop listening to them.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I like them all as long as they are played IN December....people start getting ready right after Halloween playing those songs. Like WTF happened to Thanksgiving?!

One of my favs (because I use to think it was provocative until I actually looked up the lyrics) was Santa Baby......Ertha was a little gold digger. :ohwell:
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    I hate that Feed The World song or whatever it's called with all the USA for Africa celebrities singing. "There won't be snow in Africa this christmas..." Like that's a bad thing? I could be wrong, but I don't think they get much snow in Africa and if it snowed on those poor kids in the videos and commercials, wouldn't that just add to their misery?

The first time I heard that song I said "Yeah I bet there won't be any snow in Cancun either!"
  • rml_16
    Options
    I almost forgot my very favorite: Walkin' 'Round in Women's Underwear
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I hate "Let them know it's Christmas time". I get the message, but "there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time". Um there is no snow anywhere except the northern hemisphere.

UGH
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I hate that Feed The World song or whatever it's called with all the USA for Africa celebrities singing. "There won't be snow in Africa this christmas..." Like that's a bad thing? I could be wrong, but I don't think they get much snow in Africa and if it snowed on those poor kids in the videos and commercials, wouldn't that just add to their misery?

The first time I heard that song I said "Yeah I bet there won't be any snow in Cancun either!"

Didn't see this one- exactlY
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Most hated: "Christmas Shoes"

But there's so many others. Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time" is an abomination. This is the man who wrote "Live and Let Die," and then he pulls this turd out of his bum. Anything by Trans Siberian Orchestra. I don't know why, but it just sets me on edge.

"I'll Be Home for Christmas" makes me cry now. When my Mom was hospitalized before she died, she'd always say she'd be home for Christmas. She died on Dec 1. I don't hate the song, but the emotion is just too raw, even four years later.

I like "Christmas Wrapping" by the Waitresses. And the Muppet's "12 Days..." but only for Beaker's part.
  • rml_16
    Options
    But there's so many others. Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time" is an abomination.

Oh, yes! And they play it constantly!
  • Monkeymomma05
    Options
    Hated: I'll Be Home for Christmas and Christmas Shoes. Might as well just say these are the most depressing songs you will hear and you will want to hang yourself.

Like: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and Christmas Cannon
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I listen to alvin and the chipmunks christmas songs =)
    the worst christmas music is the ones all sad like holy night or silver bells (well not exactly those but you catch my drift)
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Fav: Silent Night

Hated: Feliz Navidad
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I like Little Drummer Boy, because I played drums in school, my brother is a drummer as well, and the story is just so great that this little kid who has nothing comes to see Jesus and offers to play his drum for him because he has nothing else to give, and Jesus appreciates it!

I hate Christmas Shoes because it's just sad.

Ditto, christmas music twin!

I love Drummer Boy, when he gets to the part where he says I have no gift to bring, that's fit to give our king....the tears wwell up in my eyes....and when he gets to the part...then..he smiled at me, pa-rum pa pum pum, me and my drum.....oh the tears of joy are rolling.....

In stark contast, I really hate the obvious attempt to make me cry in the Christmas shoes. It's blatant, and I rebel and change the channel.
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Not even Christian, but I like my Christmas music about Jesus and in Latin. That could be because I was a voice major, though.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Silent Night.

I hate pretty much all the rest, especially Jingle Bells, Here Comes Santa Claus, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, or any of the other kiddie songs.

How can you hate all the rest? Yikes.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    my fave isn't a carol, it's a song : the little drummer boy..

ohhh and the most christmas song of all time " the fairy tale of New York" by The Pogues with Kirsty McColl
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options

I hate that one too for other reasons. "Tonight thank God it's them instead of you?" How terrible and selfish! Plus all the artists singing the song have tons of money, why don't THEY donate something?
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE:
    - I wanna Hippopotamus for Christmas
    - Santa Baby
    - Thistle Bear

Do not like:
    - hmmmm...can't think of any I "hate", I try not to be a "hater" of anything... ;o)