Ate 4 cookies yesterday - feel awful!

Options
2»

Replies

• ains1414
    Options
    When I have the occasional slip up and don't have time in the day to make up for it by dieting harder or going to the gym, I run on the spot for 15-20 mins in my house. You will feel less guilty and burn about 150-250 cals while watching TV or listening to only 4 or 5 songs. It's a great habit to fall back on for the odd say when you lose a bit of control! MFP even had a "jogging, in place" that can be entered into your diary, under cardio.
  • KayandBelle
    KayandBelle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    In response to Yukongil This is hilarious. Made my day.:)
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am almost done with Jillian Michal's Ripped in 30. On top of that I am doing the 100 push-up program (currently on week 5). For cardio I ride my bike 5 days a week 7 miles to school and I alternate between running and doing P90X every other day.
    I try to follow the paleo diet and have been doing that for about 3 months. If you want to see what I am eating my diary is open...

This is my thought:

The closer you are to a normal weight, your fat stores don't have as much storage space. You can set your account to 1/2 lb per week and try to eat around 50% of your exercise calories. Set your ratios to 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fat. Also, when you are trying to cut body fat, it's better to spend more time weight training and reduce some of that cardio. It is also important to let your body rest, so having a rest day may be of benefit. Focus more on body composition and less focus on the scale!

Great advise!!! :drinker:
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. When this happens to me, I try not to feel bad about it happening. Instead, I just feel awful from all of the carbs. It always makes me cranky.
  • jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Enjoy and move on!! 2 extra cookies are not an issue. It's called LIFE!:wink:
  • 57Candy
    Options
    Please don't feel discourage. You ate those four cookies and they were delicious right? Well do what I do. I don't have a tread mill or any of those types of machines so I do one of two things. I place my pedometer on my waist and go for a walk (10-30 mins.) but if its raining, snowing, or just too cold turn the stereo on or put you MP3 player on and dance..... I am Hispanic so I put on some Merengue, Salsa and boogie on for 10-20 minutes and I don't feel guilty because I burned those bad boy calories away:laugh
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    You're kidding me? You were over 37 calories yesterday. Take a deep breath and relax. You did great yesterday. Stop stressing over such a little thing.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Four cookies is nothing -_- Relax and move on.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I suggest to focus on if your net calories are under your weekly goal and if your average daily net calories are under your daily target. This will really tell you if you are going to lose weight much more than any single day or eating event. BTW - All of us have times when we eat more than we would have liked but do not worry about that just as long overall you are eating well.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Here's some advice.

4 cookies won't derail your life. Learn to look at the big picture. You didnt binge, you ate a couple cookies.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    You're kidding me? You were over 37 calories yesterday. Take a deep breath and relax. You did great yesterday. Stop stressing over such a little thing.

Srsly
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    In response to Yukongil This is hilarious. Made my day.:)

well I'm glad someone got to enjoy it, since the fun police obviously skipped their satire/sarcasm training session and decided it violated something.
  • kelseycolbert
    kelseycolbert Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The other day, I felt a desperate need for sugar, and as I scoured the fridge, I came across a jar of hot fudge. I literally ate it out of the jar with a spoon. A few spoonfuls, and I felt horrible, but in the morning, I didn't even weigh any more than the day before, and I let it go and am carrying on with my weight loss journey! Don't let one slip up ruin your outlook on your weight loss or upset you too much. One bad day won't ruin your diet!
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling! And it's not all in my head- sometimes I feel bloaty and distended from the carb/fat/sugar overload. But everyone's right- four cookies is what...maybe 800 calls? Tops? Not even a pound. Drink some extra water, swap out something for a salad today and move on! I ate some way high-cal high sugar fruit sours yesterday that put me over my calls by about 140 and instead of dinner leftovers i'm eating a salad for lunch instead. Keep calm and carry on baby!