How many lbs a week do u loose?

Options

Replies

• Chlo92x
    Chlo92x Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I loose roughly 1.5-2 lb a week, but I have only been doing this diet 4 weeks now... Hope I keep it up :) x
  • Adrian211
    Adrian211 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's averaged out to be 1.25lbs/wk down over 40 weeks
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Averaged out, it's less than a pound a week. I only weigh about once per month.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I try to LOSE about a pound a week. If anything is LOOSE, I just try and tighten it up. Okay, I'm a wise-*kitten*! lol!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    My 5 month anniversary will be tomorrow. I'm down almost 30lbs and have been averaging 1 - 1.5 per week over all. Some weeks more, some less. When I started I was seeing 2-5/week. Lately I have been down to .5/week.

Keep in mind that everyone is different and how much you lose can not be compared to anyone else due to differences such as age, diet, activity and most importantly how much you have in total to lose. Those with MORE to lose will start off losing faster than those who are closer to goal.
  • CamillaBeaumont
    CamillaBeaumont Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I lost 15lbs the first month and 15+ in the 5 months since then, so it averages out to 1lb per week. I have been on MFP for half that, and have my goals set to lose 0.5lb per week. I find that often the scale won't budge for a few weeks, then drop 3 or 4 at a time.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'ver never lost the same amount two weeks in a row. If I average it, I'm losing 3.5 pounds a week. Some weeks I lose one, some weeks it'll just melt off me and I'll have five. There really seems to be no pattern.

I have a lot to lose, though. I understand it will start to slow down as I get closer to my goal. 96lbs to go.
  • Dodgers33089
    Options
    I lost about 2 pounds a week the first few months. The last two months have dropped to maybe 0.5lb a week. But i'm okay with that, i'm focused more so on strength training and measuring parts of my body with tape. I'm satisfied with my reduced body fat, time to look lean
  • kathleentalty
    Options
    About 1lb a week was finding it difficult however lost 2.5 lbs this week and over the moon hopefully it will spur me on to better things!! Combining exercise with reduction in food intake does make the difference.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    About 2lbs a week. We'll see today as it's weigh in...

Ok, I weighed in and lost .5, I'm blaming PMS haha
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I try to LOSE about a pound a week. If anything is LOOSE, I just try and tighten it up. Okay, I'm a wise-*kitten*! lol!

Lefty loosey, righty tighty
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I only wish it was plural. Afteer two weeks of no change, I finally lost 1.6 lbs. Dunno what it will be this Saturday...
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    on average since starting MFP in March 2012 I have lost 1.4 lbs per week
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    IDK.
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    about 1/2 a lb per week
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    What a strange question!
    All my pounds are firmly attached.

^^^^You're lucky. Mine tend to get all loose when I run, jiggle all over the place but then reattached when I stop. I just wish I could LOSE them it would be so much better than loose pounds.
  • Rangarth
    Rangarth Posts: 121
    Options
    I am averaging 2.5 lbs per week.......at 16 weeks I was 40 lb lighter.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP and also started doing ( insanity) so far it's been 3 lbs a week . I'm on to week 3 here .
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I was losing 1lb/week but threw away the batteries for my scale and just judge progress on a few things:

1) How much I'm lifting
    2) How my clothes fit
    3) How many days since the last time I binged

I'll weigh again at the end of this lifting program sometime in January just out of curiosity.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    What a strange question!
    All my pounds are firmly attached.

Aaaahahahahahaha! :drinker: