MFPers with kids..

Options

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    My daughter has been asking for EVERYTHING she sees....luckily a stroke of genius hit and I had both kids give a top 5 for Santa.

My daughter's (age 5 ): Easy Bake Oven; U-Draw Tablet for Wii; Wii Game; Dream Lights Turtle; Rudolph (from Build-a-Bear)

My son's (age 11): Everything Skylander (a game & different action figures); Battleship Deluxe; Pokemon Black for his DS

Santa is now happy. ;)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    My son is gettin ALL the toys. Santa spoils him rotten on Christmas. My husband never really had much of a Christmas when he was a child, due to how poor his parents were, so I let him go crazy for AJ. It makes him so happy to be able to spoil our child rotten a couple days out of the year (Christmas and AJ's birthday).

Yes, Christmas isn't about the toys, and we raise AJ with that knowledge (we ALWAYS get Toys for Tots, and this year we're having AJ pick an Angel off of the Salvation Army tree), but we don't know if there might come a time in the future where we can't spoil him, so every year we're financially able to do so, we do.

He's a hell of a good kid. He deserves it.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

He's a hell of a good kid. He deserves it.

and that's exactly why i spoil my Jbean. GMTA
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    My five year old daughter will be getting a new bike and my three year old son will be getting his first.
  • pabisc
    pabisc Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm hoping to get my 5-year-old twins the VTECH Innotab 2 this year; but we'll see. It's my nieces and nephews I'm struggling with (dealing with a range in age from 5 to 15).
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My daughter is four. She'll probably get a another set of Lincoln Logs... She likes to build things, and the wooden logs don't hurt as much as Legos on the bare feet. I suppose some more coloring books, since she's filled most of the ones she has, and probably some more story books.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Mine are getting LUMPS OF COAL!!!

:laugh:
  • BlessedEight
    Options
    What do you get for a 7-8 month old! LOL that is the problem that I am having. I have no clue what her other family members are going to get her but what I am going to get her?

Open a savings account for the lil one. I heard of parents not getting them anything til they're 3 years old or so because everyone else is givng them something. Parents would put money toward savings instead.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Ugh... My boys are into Ninjago too!! They're also into Power Rangers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :yawn:

I just don't 'get' boy toys. The oldest has been taking guitar lessons for a little while now so we're getting him a new electric guitar. And maybe santa will bring mommy some earplugs :)
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    Bump for my little guy (5). He doesn't know what he wants for Christmas yet, and there's some good ideas on here.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Son - 5 Ninjago, Beywheelz and Skylanders Giants

Daughter 2 - Everything princess (Brave and Cinderella movies)
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Pajamas, and my son wants legos and my daughter wants art supplies. it should be an easy xmas this year
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I have discussed this a little bit so far. For our oldest (9), we will get him NBA 2K13 and two remotes (for PS3), a basketball, and a pair of Jordans. As you can probably tell, he likes basketball. lol. My 6 year old...I have no clue, but we have discussed a tablet. The baby (2) we aren't sure what to get for her either. Now, of course they will get all of the basics like pj's, slippers, and some new clothes. And god knows what my parents are gonna get them. lol
  • kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    my boys (ages 3, 7, and 11) want anything that has to do with the PS3. And guns. They are such little rednecks. i love it. :love: but Mama(me) says they are too small for real guns other than BBs. so i'm thinking airsoft for the older too and the youngest one is SOL on the gun. He's getting legos, a movie, a bike and a comforter for his bed. and maybe a few other things here and there. and they all want iPods but that ain't gonna happen.
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have 4 girls..
    my teenage daughter just wants red converse sneakers.. she's into that weird nerd look..
    my other 4 wants monster high dolls
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Son's 14 and I'm considering a gaming system, iPod or something like that. I haven't been able to splurge on Christmas in a long time (if ever) so I'm definitely considering a bigger gift this year.

Aside from that, I have a couple movies and a Jets hat so far, not sure what else I'll find.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    My 7-year-old son wants a handheld video game. My 2-year-old will be happy with a cardboard box he can sit in. Lol.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My son (6.5) wants pajamas and a rolling backpack. No backpack I'm afraid. This thing he wants is like $150! And his backpack is perfectly fine. I will get him some books since he's taken a liking to reading.

We'll also buy a few toys to donate to the local coffee shop that has a toy drive every year.

I think my family members are each buying him a piece of the Skylanders video game giants for him.
  • RyanJS81
    RyanJS81 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    We got our 13 year old daughter an iPad Mini, and my 2 boys who are 10 and 7 new iPod's plus a new laptop to share for school. I'm a software engineer so we love our tech gadgets at the house.

We will also get the normal clothes, shoes, toys, books, etc. :)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    My four year old wants Spiderman anything, the new Leapster, and more Spiderman.
    My six year old is going to be hard this year. He just wants video games and I won't do just that, but the toys that are out for his age don't really interest him - he calls them baby toys and he is just too young for the older kid stuff yet. What would you get him?