Addicted to Asparagus

Options
13»

Replies

• strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that if you boil pasta then add asparagus soup to it for sauce its lovely :)
  • squeekersmom
    squeekersmom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I do the proscuitto wrap as well...........blanch my aspragus and wrap half a slice of proscuitto around it..and roast till crispy....high in sodium but low in calories that way.
    I also have blanched asparagus and topped with poached eggs.........mmmmmm its very good!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I definitely LOVE asparagus! Wish it was a little cheaper.

My two FAVOURITE ways to eat it:

1) A soup.

This is so simple! Saute some garlic and shallots in a little olive oil in the bottom of your soup stock pot. Add 2-3 lbs asparagus, some chicken stock and water. Boil until soft. Blend in blender. Done! To be decadent, serve with heavy cream and lemon. But a bit of salt and pepper will do. Keeps well in the fridge.

2) Asparagus with balsamic & feta (aka. The way I eat it two or three times a week):

Throw some parchment paper on a baking pan. Line a bunch of the trimmed asparagus in a row. Drizzle with olive oil and top with 3 or 4 cloves of crushed garlic. Cook in an oven at 400* for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and crumble light feta over top. I cannot tell you how much I love this! Goes very well with some curry talapia!
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    roasted with a brush of butter, lots of lemon and salt and pepper. My husband once used olive oil instead of butter, and put a bunch of spices on it. wasn't the same.

Or, cut up broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus, toss in a little olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon. Roast until crispy and grate just a little parmasean cheese over the whole thing. I could eat this every day.
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I eat it a lot, its good for you.

No interesting recipes as a I just steam it.

It does make my pee smell funny :sick:

Interesting asparagus info: it makes just about everyone's pee smell (within about 15 minutes!), but only about 25-50% of the population has the genetic ability to smell it.

- a fellow smeller
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I do love me some asparagus! I love it steamed with a bit of butter and nutmeg. OMG and white asparagus is to die for.
    Here is a great recipe I make with it, perfect Sunday brunch!

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/asparagus_frittata/

You can add a tablespoon of Italian dressing when you add the asparagus, gives a nice flavor.