MFPers with kids..

Options
12346»

Replies

• missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My 5 yearold girl is getting a LeapPad with a couple games. My 8 year old is getting a science book set from Costco and my 9 year old is getting the Percy Jackson book series. Not quite done but its a good start!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    We keep our son away from commercials and ads and always have. He will be 5 by Christmas, he's too young to play video games - both his dad and I are techies and avid gamers and know what video games too soon do to little minds so we do not allow it unsupervised and never longer than about 30 minutes once a week.

He is currently into dragons and space. We are re-doing his bedroom in a space theme so that will get taken care of. We are looking at board games (something we can do as a family) or possibly a Leapster if we determine that he is mature enough to handle not being allowed to play with it constantly. His grandparents spoil him - which we are trying to break them of because it sets a bad example for a child to always get everything they want. At one point he started asking his grandma what she bought him every time he saw her..100% NOT cool.. We have asked that they not buy US anything this year and instead contribute to Nathan's RESP (which was started when he was a baby) They won't do it. They are far too selfish to actually give something useful as opposed to a bunch of garbage from the dollar store that will just get thrown out or recycled as soon as we get home.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    dd 9--tablet, cover, headphones, monster high doll, RED cowboy boots, Robe and one more gift to be determined, maybe a volleyball.-from others she is getting the Dork Diary Books, and a new sleeping bag.

ds10-tablet, cover, headphones, robe, air hog, video game (not sure which one yet- he wants Halo 4, PokePark 2, Modern Warfare: Call of Duty 3), some new pokemon ds game, WOW Expansion pack) His video game wish list is much larger then what he is getting. WOW 60 day card, soccer ball. From other family members he is getting the 7 or 8 remaining Ranger's Apprentice Books

dd 13, tablet, cover, headphones, monster high doll, cowboy boots, robe, and she wants some nail art stuff. From others she is getting the New Diary of a wimpy kid book, itunes gift card, and new sleeping bag.

ds 21--he's tough. Maybe some new boots, ear buds, 16G or higher flash drive, new sheets, I don't know for sure yet.

For the family--skylanders, and a couple of movies.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    We're looking at some secondhand Little Tyke plastic climbers for out 10 month old (he'll be 11 1/2 by Christmas). He loves to climb, but I'm not excited about paying full price for one, the website is asking for like 300 to 500 bucks for them! Yikes! Besides, I don't think our little guy will mind if he gets one that's been pre-loved. :)
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    :smile: My 8 y/o son loves Ninjago so thats on the list and my 9 y/o daughter is very artsy her list only has things that have to do with paint, fabrics and scrapbooking... my shopping will be easy
  • Runninglibrarian13
    Options
    My 11 yr old (who is on the autism spectrum) has asked for 3 things: Spongebob tabletop pinball game, a fanny fart bank, and Microsoft office Train simulator. (We got the spongebob game off ebay, used, only place we could find it!)... and I intend to get the bank and we will make sure we get the PC game. ;) We've come up with some other ideas for the grandmas, but want to make sure on Christmas morning he especially gets the things he asked for since they aren't super-expensive!

Our 6 year old is a girly-girl and would be happy with any number of things. We *may* get her a kids digital camera -- she LOVES taking pictures. Art supplies are always popular... as are hair bows, etc and nail polish. And any clothes that are pink, purple, sparkly and/or have butterflies on them.