I'm calling you out! Yeah, you!

Options
Hey you!

The moment you read this, I'm holding YOU accountable for what you eat from today until the end of the year.

It's too easy to use the holidays as an excuse to eat poorly and promise to change things on New Years.

How often has that worked for you in the past? For others?

Let's put an end to the mentality of starting later. Let's do this now!

Give yourself and your family the gift of good health and a long life to share with each other this year.

Don't belittle yourself or your intelligence by letting a plate of food pressure you. You are strong, capable, and ready to do it this year.

This year, we do it RIGHT, and we do it together! Friend me. Friend others. Do what you have to do to push yourself through the holidays!

Don't be afraid to message any one of the supportive people here you see on the site and ask for help. You want tips on portion control? We got 'em. Exercise when it's cold out? Just ask!

Remember - I'm calling you out! Let's hit these holidays hard!

Replies

• cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Just what I needed today :smile:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. Except for the cold part. I'll still exercise but I'm not going outside to do it in this St. Louis winter weather. I'll stay inside. :laugh: Glad I read this.
  • cynthia4781
    Options
    haha...love it! :heart:
  • celshade
    celshade Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My secret to working out while it's cold outside is to work out indoors!

What a secret!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Done - I feel I have the upper hand to MFP members in ths US though, I've already survived Thanksgiving back in October...bring on the Christmas parties and baking and booze!
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My secret to working out while it's cold outside is to work out indoors!

What a secret!

What a motivating thread. Its even better with your absolutely adorable dinosaur avatar. <3
  • celshade
    Options
    ZwDka.png

He's still here, cheering you on from the sidelines!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Interestingly, I usually do really well through the holidays because I know what is coming and get prepared. It's the rest of the year I'm never prepared for.
  • IvyWhispers
    IvyWhispers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good Call :)
    Loved reading this post :)
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • celshade
    Options
    Great point, kenazfehu!

If we can push through these last measly weeks of the year, we can do anything.

We'll start strategizing now for how to get us through the next year, too!
  • Martoch
    Martoch Posts: 166
    Options
    LOVE the motivation! I just stocked up on steamer bag veggies (raw - no added sauces/flavoring) for the next few weeks.
  • celshade
    Options
    Love those veggies, they took away my last excuse that eating healthy was hard and time consuming. Great idea to keep some of those in the fridge!
  • Aimelish70
    Aimelish70 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This year I am not as stressed out about Thanksgiving, I am going to use a smaller plate, spoon up smaller protions and skip the pumpkin pie and be happy about my choices. :-)
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wish i could "like" your wee avatar post there :)

I am fully prepared for the goodies of Xmas and im sure ill put on about 10lbs lol. Possibly being made redundant on Xmas eve so alcohol shall be consumed greatly :D
  • slobkitten
    Options
    I really struggle at Christmas! The first time I joined MFP was around this time last year and I gave up because I wanted to enjoy the holidays. The good thing is I only gained about 10lbs in the year since so it could be a lot worse!! I'm determined to stick it through this time however I will be eating whatever I like on Xmas and boxing day. I just need to hope I can resist temptation :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thank you! NEEDED THIS!
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. Except for the cold part. I'll still exercise but I'm not going outside to do it in this St. Louis winter weather. I'll stay inside. :laugh: Glad I read this.
    St. Louis has a winter? Let's try Minnesota!! I learned to run in the snow! :tongue: