Share your NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the day! 11/15/12

Options

Replies

• caseysexton5
    caseysexton5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My dad noticed! He is the gruff type. He never notices anything and certainly doesn't give out compliments much. But last night, I was over at my parents' house for his birthday. I hadn't seen him in a couple months (he is always working or napping when I go visit them). He asked me how much weight I had lost. When I told him about 20 lbs, he told me I looked nice. That comment made my night.

That is so nice! It's the best to get Dad compliments! :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    BF wakes up for work. I'm supposed to go ahead and get up with him, but I pull the covers over my head and set my alarm for much later. Much later means no time for my morning mile jog.

I stayed there under the blankets for a little bit until this nagging voice kept popping up in the back of my head, reminding me that I should be up and getting dressed to go, that I had made a dedication to do a mile every morning. I tried to stay comfy and enjoy my extra nap time, but I kept getting nagged by my conscience. I could either continue to lie there, nagging myself and not enjoying my rest, or I could just get it done and say I did it.

Finally I threw off the covers, put on my clothes, and got my mile in. I felt like if I could crawl out of bed and do that in the cold, I could pretty much handle anything the world could throw at me today. :heart: Rawr!

*I like that that nagging voice is getting louder in the morning. That's the start of a routine in the making. :)
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    My doctor was so happy with my numbers: Everything went down except the good cholesterol which went up 1 point. Yeah.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing some pants my aunt gave me last weekend and I have to say... my butt looks pretty damn good in them.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I was in the supermarket looking for some seriously unhealthy comfort food today. I was feeling sorry for myself with a stupid calf injury stopping me from running.
    After searching the aisles for a yummy pizza or chinese takeaway style meal and even putting one in the shopping basket.
    I WALKED OUT OF THERE WITH STUFFED MUSHROOMS AND A SALAD!!! YAY ME!!!
    p.s. and it was delicious :happy:
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hearing about a conversation my husband and his workmates had the other day...

Mate: So you're telling me that if Jennifer Love-Hewitt walked in stark b0llock naked you wouldnt tap it?
    Husband: Dude, have you SEEN my wife lately?

I could have cried! But I jumped him instead :blushing:
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    my jeans are fitting loose now!
  • HazenAllen
    HazenAllen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Tried on a smaller pair of shorts today. They used to be really tight on me now they fit almost like a glove. I think another inch and they will be perfect. I am extremely happy and glad I decided to try it out. I was feeling a bit lazy today and didn't want to work out, but I definitely am now :)
  • ladioffaith
    Options
    The pants I was wearing were once too tight to wear. Now they're downright baggy!

Nice when the scale says I gained 5-7 pounds.
  • Sindaelys
    Sindaelys Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It wasn't from today, but it was one of my bigger victories for the week (aside from starting to watch what I eat, lol): I opened a box of Cheez-Its, and then closed it... Without eating any.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    In two separate work meetings this morning I received positive comments on how I was looking. One guy even said that he wished he looked so good in his suits. 3 or 4 of the guys asked me how and after I told them about MFP they opened their notebooks and wrote down the name.
  • SusannaDandana
    Options
    Had to wear a pair of 5/6 pants because size 8 is baggy on me now. The pair of 5/6 pants were snug but I was able to wear them throughout the day....with minimal discomfort. :)
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have 2 - 1) my tall boots are falling down! I'm closer to fitting into regular boots (not wide calf) 2) I got through 2 workouts - a 6 am Body Revolution, the a 6 pm hip-hop aerobics class!
  • axelorate
    axelorate Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was significantly less winded on my walk to the bus today.
  • carleemaeb
    Options
    LMAO!!! I love it! I can't wait for that day!!! W2G
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I could fit into a size small shirt my grandmother gave me...

But to be honest with the vanity sizing, I am not really celebrating it.
  • Moshebelle1
    Options
    I was at a work meeting the other day and a colleague brought in homemade blueberry cheesecake...my favourite..and I turned it down!!! I was so proud of myself for having the will power to say no when I knew it wasn't worth it. Definitely a victory for me = )

This week my family started noticing my weight loss which was also very exciting.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Today I was able to do full pushups on my toes :) the instructor challenged everyone to get up on their toes and I did it! It was a challenge.
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    was actually teased and called "skinny" (which I am not!) by an old high school friend. But still made me smile because I have NEVER been called that before :happy:
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I worked out every morning this week before work for the first time without using a rest day during the week. Really wanted to stay in bed this morning but I worked through it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!