3 Day Diet, Lose 10 lbs

Options
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has heard of or tried this 3 Day Diet? I would love to hear your thoughts about it.

Day 1)
Breakfast -
1/2 grapefruit
1 slice of toast
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
Coffee or tea

Lunch -
1/2 cup tuna
1 slice of toast
Coffee or tea

Dinner -
2 slices of any type of meat (3oz)
1 cup green beans
1/2 banana
1 small apple
1 cup of vanilla ice cream

Day 2)
Breakfast -
1 egg
1 slice of toast
1/2 banana

Lunch -
1 cup cottage cheese
~OR~
1 slice cheddar cheese
1 hardboiled egg
5 saltine crackers

Dinner -
2 hot dogs (no buns)
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 banana
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

Day 3)
Breakfast -
5 saltine crackers
1 slice cheddar cheese
1 small apple

Lunch -
1 hardboiled egg
1 slice of toast

Dinner -
1 cup tuna
1/2 banana
1 cup vanilla ice cream

Instructions-
Do not vary or substitute ANY of the above foods.
Salt & pepper may be used - NO other seasonings are to be used.
In 3 days 10lbs should be lost.
Eat normal food for 4 days.
You may start back on the 3 day diet thereafter.
Don't eat snacks.
Water is unlimited.

Replies

• TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose 10lbs in 3 days is to have the violent stomach flu
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I remember my mom did that diet when I was a kid! I tried doing it with her but I think I only ate the ice cream! :) It sounds ok just concerned it would be hard to stick to and you may gain the weight back once you start eating regular foods.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    LMFAO like ~magic~

Imagine the Ad: "When a calorie deficit just won't do, take the magic wand out, eat ONLY these specific foods and you will lose 10 pounds in 3 days, a caloric deficit of 35000! Abracadabra!"

Sounds legit.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Fad. None of the food choices make sense and the loss in the short amount of time is not reasonable. Want to drop water weight? There are methods to do that. Losing 10lbs of fat is really only possible if doing some extreme fasting, and even then It would take a month to lose that much.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

My guess: at the end of day three the scale would show about 4lbs lighter. And then it would rebound.

I don't think the AVERAGE person can lose 10LBS in three days since that suggests roughly a 10,000 calorie deficit which seems impossible to achieve in 3 days while eating any food.

4lbs of water loss (which is what it would be, I bet) even seems unlikely.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    No.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

Yea that actually happened to me when I was 18. I kept it off because my stomach wasn't right for months and I couldn't eat full portions. Wasn't trying to lose weight back then either. Nothing like throwing up three days to make you feel great... not.... lol.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options

I have to disagree! You could also cut off your head.
  • r0se125
    r0se125 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I know that you wanna loose weight and that this seems like a dream I mean any person who could magically loose 10lbs in 3 days would jump at it. but the benefits don't out weigh the issues with doing this. Its unhealthy to loose THAT much weight that fast.
  • Adrenaline_Junky
    Adrenaline_Junky Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know that you wanna loose weight and that this seems like a dream I mean any person who could magically loose 10lbs in 3 days would jump at it. but the benefits don't out weigh the issues with doing this. Its unhealthy to loose THAT much weight that fast.

I've actually been losing weight just fine (the right way), watching my caloric intake and working out at the gym 4 days a week. I came across this and was curious if anyone had ever tried it. I dont think it would work for me, I'd be starving if I only ate whats on this list!!!!
  • TraceyChina
    TraceyChina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did it years ago, lost 5lbs and my husband lost 7lbs. Needless to say we put the weight back on just as quickly as we lost it!
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It's bound to be mostly water weight!

There are no shortcuts to long-term weight loss, I"m afraid!
  • fattyburton
    fattyburton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I have done this diet a few times over the years. I didn't lose 10lbs but did lose quite a bit. the problem is the minute you start eating normally it all goes back on. maybe ok to do if you have a dress you want to get in, for the week end.
  • bettybo0pxox
    Options
    Hi.

ive actually tried this diet, and it was so hard for the first day, then got easier, but i found after the three days, i hadnt really lost anything and just ended up eating normally again.
    its too sudden of a change for your body to loose the weight permanently
  • the_new_robin2016
    the_new_robin2016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just because you people don't know how to eat healthy outside of a strict diet doesn't mean this doesn't work! These are great for jump starting a weight loss and healthy eating. I think what she means is you can loose UP to 10 lbs in 3 days. No number of weight loss is definite since we are all different. I did the cabbage soup diet, lost 8 lbs in 7 days. unfortunately i ate like crap the week after because of halloween and gained it back. That doesn't mean the diet is a failure, means my body was used to healthy eating and then BOOM sugar from all angles! After i seen that gain i sworn off bad eating and went back to healthy eating, and guess what? It all came off again within that very next weigh in! So it's not the diet that doesn't work, you just can't handle healthy eating outside of it, and so it's your unhealthy decisions that doesn't work!
  • saudade108
    Options
    :laugh: Hotdogs and vanilla ice cream?
  • clew77
    clew77 Posts: 34
    Options
    YES !! i did this diet .. it was called the heart foundation diet when i googled it. ... I put myself in hospital !!
    enough said.
    dangerous.
  • Bess_74
    Options
    I've tried it, more than once. I works, but once you eat regular food you gain it all back....so not worth it!
  • jenlouise4
    jenlouise4 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did that for a while and I did lose weight but certainly not 10lbs over such a short period of time! I'd imagine for that to be even physically possible you'd have to spend those 72 hours in the gym as well.
    Still, I wouldn't recommend it as it's not very balanced or healthy. I've since got gradual weight loss through calorie counting and a better diet, although I took quite a lot from this diet, especially the idea of plain tuna which is a fantastic source of protein.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I think the only way this diet would work is if your diet is poor already. I think you could lose 5 lbs from your intestines and another 5 lbs from water weight in three days but not real weight loss. I already eat lots of fruits and vegetables so I know this wouldnt make me lose any weight in 3 days. I would have to eat between 500 and 600 calories to lose a single pound in 3 days... not happening.