What are your talents?

cmacphee3
cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
Everyone has them! Tell me what you are great at!

My talents:

1) I'm a good singer.
2) I'm awesome at tests (not really helpful in post-school life haha) and fantastic at math/science.
3) I'm pretty good at painting or drawing something I'm looking at.
4) I'm great at finding things to laugh at when things are tough.

Replies

• 1. I was born an artist - I'm good at drawing, I can do portraits (charcoal, oil pastels), graphic design (my profession)
    2. I can write, brush teeth, cut knife, apply make-up, use a mouse & spoon and fork on both hands. I can also write on both hands at the same time
  • Captainobvvious
    Captainobvvious Posts: 272 Member
    I don't have any so I have to try and make up for it with humor and a decent personality :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Music. I'm an awesome musician, and I believe that was what I was meant to do, but I let other things get in the way of it.

Determination. I am very stubborn. It comes in handy in getting things I want when I really want them. Other times, it's a nuisance. But, the positive is that if I really, really want something, I feel like I can do it. I just know that I have to sacrifice other stuff to make it happen. Once I'm on a path and decide, that's it. It's gonna happen, or I'll die.
  • cmacphee3
    I don't have any so I have to try and make up for it with humor and a decent personality :)

Humor is a talent!
  • Whats crazy is I'm good at just about everything I try... but then I get bored and master nothing!

Examples:
    Ten years ago had a full ride scholarship for music to USD based on vocal and sax performance... dropped out...
    Can draw or paint anything and make it look pretty good... sold some pieces at a gallery I worked at... got bored and stopped.
    Owned my own Massage therapy business after graduating Validictorian from the class... Built a wonderful client base in two years and then sold it.
    Volunteered for Habitat for Humanity every weekend for a year and learned every step to building and fixing a home became a top volunteer and then stopped because it wasn't new and fun anymore.
    Found a church I loved got highly involved then became a member of the board... held the position a year and a half then stepped down and moved to another state.

FYI relationships are the same way wtith me... wonderful until I get bored and get out.
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    does wittiness and sarcasm count????.. :huh:
  • cmacphee3
    does wittiness and sarcasm count????.. :huh:

Yes it does!
  • I'm pretty good at sewing. And since I love love love to do it, I hope to continue to get better (and eventually have a career in costume design.)
    I can memorize things really easily (comes in handy with acting. Which I guess I am okay at too. Mostly because of the memorizing thing, though.)
    I'm a decent writer.
    I can play guitar sort of okay.
    I'm good at makeup.
    I'm generally just pretty creative and crafty. I can pick up on things easily and can be good at them, but chances are, I usually don't go past being 'pretty good' at something.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Keeping a good vibe when things seem crappy. I'd also like to think I'm good at making others laugh. I'm also good at giving things a beating, take it as you like :laugh:
    I like to imitate people and accents too! Down to the last detail.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    i'm funny, i draw, i can play songs on the piano (and tablet) by ear, i'm a computer geek and for a big dude i'm ridiculously awesome at lovemaking lol
  • I have a talent at reading body language.. I read visual cues very well
    And I am a great dancer
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Umm...I can do crazy things with my toes! LOL They seem more coordinated than the rest of me :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    tumblr_lhbenoSlnC1qbulq9o1_500.png
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member

Decency - harder to find than talent!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    I have a great choir singing voice.

I love sewing, and am really good at making something amazing out of something old/frumpy/outdated.

I can quote movies with a SCARILY uncanny accuracy, even YEARS after having seen them. (Also comes in handy in arguments, because I can catch opponents contradicting themselves, and use quotes of what they said against them. I probably would have made a very good courtroom lawyer.)

I am hilariously funny.

I am a good student, (3.98 GPA in college) and rock final exams.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    I can sing pretty good, despite having no formal training.
    I'm a classically trained Cellist..started in 4th grade
    I'm a ridiculously awesome speller..ask me how to spell anything, and 99.9% of the time I know.
    I'm strikingly handsome with a witty sense of humor. Wait...is that a talent? :tongue:
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    tumblr_lhbenoSlnC1qbulq9o1_500.png

Hahahaha. I love this movie.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Pass!!!
    I'm Already on Strike 2 ;-)
    I'm great at being AWESOME ♥♡
  • CJisinShape
    I can see multiple viewpoints in a situation. So that translates into thinking Fox news is too conservative, MSNBC too liberal, CNN too gratuitous, PBS too monotone. It helps me get along with many different types of people.

It also helps me solve problems in unconventional ways, which advanced me while in the working arena. I ask questions that the top brass notice.

The downside is that I can over think things, or put more thought into stuff than action.
  • CJisinShape
    I can sing pretty good, despite having no formal training.
    I'm a classically trained Cellist..started in 4th grade
    I'm a ridiculously awesome speller..ask me how to spell anything, and 99.9% of the time I know.
    I'm strikingly handsome with a witty sense of humor. Wait...is that a talent? :tongue:

Ok, I got one. Spell Mississippi.