Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How many fruit a day?

sjmay
sjmay Posts: 386 Member
I'm just curious how many fruit people eat each day? I've been eating more fruit lately and I just want to make sure that I'm not eating too many. I stay within my calorie range, but I remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't eat more than 2 a day (I don't know if this is true!!!!)

So, I'm just curious, how many pieces of fruit do you eat in a day?

Thanks!

Replies

• erinmargaret76
    erinmargaret76 Posts: 10 Member
    i usually eat 2 but no more than 3. i was told not to eat more because of their natural sugar content :):happy:
  • marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    I think eating fruit is a lot better then most snacks out there. When I was on weight watchers we had to eat a combination of at least 5 fruits and vegetables a day. A nutritionist I went to see said 3 fruits and 3-5 vegetables a day or about 2 1/2 cups. One thing I notice about fruits though is that some of them are higher in carbs than others so that could make a differnce in weight loss results.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    normally 2, but it consists of 1/2 grapefruit and half a banana.
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    I LOVE fruit... I start the day w/ a smoothie with frozen strawberries, blueberries & banana (& spinach, too)... I typically have at least 1 more fruit during the day... but more if I have a need to sweet... the sugar in fruit is natural... it is the way God intended us to have fruit. If you eat a healthy diet full of fresh (mostly raw) fruits and veggies... then I cannot imagine it is so terrible for you... I know others will disagree... but I don't even track sugar b/c I eat a lot of fruit but zero processed sugar.
    I suppose moderation will always win out, though!
    :o)
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    No more than 3 servings is probably best, but remember to eat pieces of fruit that are not too big. I was also advised by a nutruitionist that when eating fruit as a snack you should also eat some protein with it...like a small apple and string cheese, or banana with peanut butter.
  • I usually eat around 3 servings a day, I've given up all snacks with processed sugar, so if I get a sweet tooth sometimes it will be more like 4 servings. I usually do as Imedvic said and pair it with protein. I aim for about 2 veggie servings a day as well.
  • leelu
    leelu Posts: 136 Member
    there is a big health campaign in australia that says 2 fruit 5 veg as a min for the day. Sure you shouldnt eat toooo much fruit, but if your in calorie range i wouldnt stress about if its too much fruit... yes it has some natural sugar but there is a lot of good nutrition in there ... and if a banana stops you eating a mars bar ... it can be too bad!!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Anywhere between 3-5 a day and at least 6 servings of veggies (I'm a vegetarin though).
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Thanks everyone! It seems like everyone has close to the same amount each day. I know that the fruit's natural sugar is good for you, but I was concerned with over doing it.
This discussion has been closed.