anyone lost 35lb on this site

Options

Replies

• Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 since Feb. It took about 2 months for the last 5 lbs. I wasn't in a hurry though since I was happy where I was at 25 lbs lost and just wanted to try for 5 lbs more.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I just hit 35lbs down today (still have 15lbs to go), and it took me about 5 and a 1/2 weeks. That being said 25lbs of that was baby/water weight etc. I had my son October 11th so I've been tracking since then. The weight is definitely coming off a lot slower now, and I'm eating anywhere from 1600-1300 cals a day with no exercise (c-section-waiting for my 6 week post partum check up).
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 30 but its taken me almost a year now.
    Problem is I have been doing a lot of strength training.
    Which means you get a body transformation, which IMO is way better than just losing lbs.
    Most people will suggest, strength training with some cardio and throw away the scale for 6 months.
    Use the mirror and the measurements to decide your success. then when you step on the scale 6 months later and you weight the same or only a few lbs less you will still be extatic with your results... and the more muscle you have you will continue to burn more calories..

WIN WIN
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 since mid April. Everyone loses weight differently and at different rates. Just give it your all and see how it goes.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    yep. It took me around 6 months. But really don't try to compare yourself to others, everyoone is going to lose at a different rate.

Good luck to you!

I've lost 35, but probably still have 30-50 more pounds to lose
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 pounds - they were my last 35 pounds. I am 5'5 1/2" tall and 55 years old. Went from 168 pounds to 133(ish - 1 have a 3 pound area I stay in from 132 to 135). My goal was 135 and for the longest time I was 136 - 138. Once I buckled down on my diet I lost the 3 and 2 more! Mental changes play a very big part of the equation. How often do you have "just one", a "cheat day", "cheat meal", etc. plays a part. I found the closer that I got to my goal the looser I became with my diet. My weight does fluctuate as does most "normal" people's about 3 pounds. I asked a few skinny people for verification.

It took me about a year. The weight can pile on in a flash, too without being vigilant. I always set my activity level for lightly active and either 1 or 2 pounds a week for loss. But my weight loss was much slower than that over time. I weighed daily to see the effects of food on my weight but kept one day of the week as my true weigh in day. Over time looking back I could see progress inching along. Make sure you get a tape measure and measure the high points (chest, waist, hips) monthly. You will see changes!

I ate my exercise calories for the most part which were just mainly walking the dog 30 minutes twice a day or trading a walk for an easy bike ride. I also added some light dumbbell work (5 - 8 pounds which I did sporadically). I tried to never leave more than 200 calories uneaten.

Now at 134.8 today I still eat 1500 calories a day, same exercise and have set my calories for 1/2 pound a week loss. I fluctuate up and down a pound or so depending on how much starchy veggies, whole grains, salt or sugar are in my diet. For the most part I do Eat To Live (Fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, dried beans, and very small amounts of animal products).

I've been at this for 5 years starting at 205 pounds and a size 16. I've made it down to a size 4 which are often too big in the waist for pants. It's been a long road and I have learned so much about me and nutrition and how I relate to food. I am in my goal weight glory! Still have body image issues thinking I am too fat, but need to work that out with some more strength training work. That will work itself out in time.

Just keep putting one foot ahead of the other regardless of how fast you lose weight. Weight loss speed is irrelevant. In a year you will be able to look back and see awesome progress whether you have lost all of your weight or just part of it. It is all good! Your body will work and lose at its own pace. Do not expect your body to work on someone else's time table. As long as you are putting in the effort it will work. Best of luck to you!
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I have lost 38lbs in 6 months. I have another 16lbs to go, and fully expect it to be harder to lose the last few pounds than it was to lose the first few.
  • amara71998
    amara71998 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Its taken me about 7 months, but I'm down 59 pounds. I started at 1.5 pounds a week, but as my calories decreased I decided it was best for me to go to 1 pound lost a week. I've still got a long journey ahead, but this site has been the best thing for me.
  • toothfairy79
    toothfairy79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    WOW I did not expect all this feedback.. Thank you to all of you for responding.. I do realize that each and everyone of us is different in terms of our rate of loss and since this is my final 35lbs, I do expect that it will take longer to get there but that's ok.. I am comitted to to this and can't wait to see my new body:) Thanks again everybody xx
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I just hit the 6 month mark and have lost 27 pounds. Slow and steady... I think I'll have lost 35 pounds between 9-10 months....
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have lost 43 so far and have about that much more to go. Yes, 8 months is more than enough time.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Started in June ticker tell the story
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    I have been eating healthier since September 12th, and I'm currently at 36 pounds weight loss.

However, I'm a heavier woman and I also stay pretty active after my kids.

I don't have much advice for you other than everybody's different and good luck :)
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I am almost there its been about 5 months but that being said i did plateau for 2 months.
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    72 pds in 10 months.. Gl

12513244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have lost 35 lbs (from 154 to 118) and have 23 more pounds to go. I started in early August by calorie counting and later exercise, so it took me just under four months. I maintained a 1.8 pound / week loss for the first 60 days, which has slowed to 1.4 lbs per week now. I did it by staying at 1200 calories on most days, and eating 200 - 300 more on other days.
    Please tell me you're like 4 foot 7 or so..

Close. I am 4'11. My goal weight and calorie guidelines came from my physician. I am pretty much just doing what she says, although I eat more than 1200 calories on exercise days.
  • blwalton70
    blwalton70 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I started MFP at 178 in May (7 months ago) and have lost 32 pounds..... Some weeks I lost 2.5 pounds, some weeks a half a pound and some weeks I stayed the same for several weeks. Slow and steady is the right way to go!
  • brideson85
    Options
    Hello, I have lost 35 lbs (from 154 to 118) and have 23 more pounds to go. I started in early August by calorie counting and later exercise, so it took me just under four months. I maintained a 1.8 pound / week loss for the first 60 days, which has slowed to 1.4 lbs per week now. I did it by staying at 1200 calories on most days, and eating 200 - 300 more on other days.

You just read my mind
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

Close. I am 4'11. My goal weight and calorie guidelines came from my physician. I am pretty much just doing what she says, although I eat more than 1200 calories on exercise days.

95 pounds is standard for 4 foot 11 inches. Just like 125-130 is standard for my close to 5 foot 6 inch height. People can be so judgmental.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Its taken me 9 months to lose 40lbs. I only aim for one pound per week so I am happy with these results. You can do it too.