3 Day Diet, Lose 10 lbs

Options

Replies

• RoxySherwood89
    RoxySherwood89 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have actually done this 3 day diet and i dropped 9lbs BUT gained 2 back. So i guess i lost 7lbs for good. Aparently its the chemical balances in the food that make the weight drop.

I do how ever think that these sort of diets should never be used on a permanant basis, i used it 3 days before my sisters wedding for that purpose but would NEVER do this on a regular basis!
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    I have actually tried this diet, as like a "kick-start" to me eating less rubbish (and eating less in general) and for that initial water weight loss number to give me motivation to stick to watching what I eat more long term. I think I lost 5-6lbs over the 3 days. It didn't go straight back on, I kept it (and more) off until after the party that I'd been trying to fit into a dress for. THEN I reverted to my chocolate-binging ways and put it all back on :P

I don't think it's a ridiculous idea, as long as you are aware that it's not a long-term solution and that you have to then eat sensibly, exercise etc afterwards. I used it to say to myself "look see, you lost all this weight in 3 days, this proves you can lose weight, now shut up whinging and carry on getting thinner", and for that it worked perfectly!

ETA: Yes, I was starving for the first day, pretty hungry on the second day, and barely noticed it on the 3rd day. You get used to that amount of food pretty quickly. I also filled my stomach up with water in between meals :P
  • alanoschick
    Options
    Today is my third day on this diet. I decided to try it as my weight loss has slowed. I lost 4 lbs in the first day and another one after the second day. The first two days I felt fine but today I felt dizzy and like I was STARVING! I added a baked potato to the dinner. We'll see if it made any difference when I weigh myself in the morning. I don't plan on doing this again but am happy to have lost 5 lbs so far. I didn't exercise at all while on the diet and plan to resume my regular MFP plan with exercise tomorrow.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I tried it!!! It was horrible! AND I only lost 4 pounds... I was p!ssed... Eat healthy. Workout. There is no quick fix
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    At best it is 1000 calories per day. It is probably closer to 800. Unless you are 4' 9" and weight about 120, that is not going to be enough; especially to sustain you for the long haul. If you want to do it, it won't be terribly unsafe for a few days, but to maintain it, I advise against it. Besides toast for the most part, saltines, ice cream and some of the other stuff is junk anyway.

People lose weight at different rates. I lost about 4 pounds a week when I started just using MFP as directed and set it to lose 2 a week. At this point, I kill myself to lose anything. Just do MFP as directed and look for healthy food, not just low calories.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Omg. My mom had this diet when I was a kid (30 years ago)! I think it was for overweight patients that had to lose alot of weight before surgery.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Math alone means you'd have to be very heavy to lose 10 lbs in three days. If I had a normal day with no exercise and didn't eat anything at all, at most I'd lost 2 lbs in three days.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You'll lose water weight, you'll gain it back. Have fun!
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention this.....I'm currently doing this program. I decided to do it 3 days a week for the whole month of November. I didn't lose 10 pounds in 3 days (but I also had my TOM) but I've noticed a HUGE difference this week in particular. I'm right around 8 pounds loss in 2 1/2 weeks which is pretty good. And I really didn't gain weight back on the days when I ate regular (yet still very healthy) food. Give it a shot and see how it goes for you! I'm hoping to be down at least 15-20 pounds for the whole month! Might give it another shot a couple months down the road. I know a few other people who have done it and had 6+ pounds loss in a week
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    if i followed this diet (just saying i do consider it) i will need one thing i will be lacking....A BRAIN
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Fad. None of the food choices make sense and the loss in the short amount of time is not reasonable. Want to drop water weight? There are methods to do that. Losing 10lbs of fat is really only possible if doing some extreme fasting, and even then It would take a month to lose that much.

Good point here. Losing WEIGHT is not hard. Thing is to lose the fat. Without adequate protein and exercise it is likely part of this loss would be lean mass and the other part water. Of course some fat. Rebound effect likely. Best way to lose weight is to do it in the way that is recommended. 1-2 lbs per week.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose 10lbs in 3 days is to have the violent stomach flu

even then, you're not losing fat, you're just expelling fluids which you will retain again as soon as you recover.
  • JazyVale
    Options
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has heard of or tried this 3 Day Diet? I would love to hear your thoughts about it.

Day 1)
    Breakfast -
    1/2 grapefruit
    1 slice of toast
    2 Tbsp. peanut butter
    Coffee or tea

Lunch -
    1/2 cup tuna
    1 slice of toast
    Coffee or tea

Dinner -
    2 slices of any type of meat (3oz)
    1 cup green beans
    1/2 banana
    1 small apple
    1 cup of vanilla ice cream

Day 2)
    Breakfast -
    1 egg
    1 slice of toast
    1/2 banana

Lunch -
    1 cup cottage cheese
    ~OR~
    1 slice cheddar cheese
    1 hardboiled egg
    5 saltine crackers

Dinner -
    2 hot dogs (no buns)
    1 cup broccoli
    1/2 cup carrots
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

Day 3)
    Breakfast -
    5 saltine crackers
    1 slice cheddar cheese
    1 small apple

Lunch -
    1 hardboiled egg
    1 slice of toast

Dinner -
    1 cup tuna
    1/2 banana
    1 cup vanilla ice cream

Instructions-
    Do not vary or substitute ANY of the above foods.
    Salt & pepper may be used - NO other seasonings are to be used.
    In 3 days 10lbs should be lost.
    Eat normal food for 4 days.
    You may start back on the 3 day diet thereafter.
    Don't eat snacks.
    Water is unlimited.

if you want to know if this 3 day diet work .... well gotta say not for all ppl.
    i try this diet when i was 18 years it did work and i lost 7 pound.
    i am 32 years know i did try it couple years ago and i didnt lose anything i was so mad.Lol but is depends
    i did the banana and milk one you lose a inch in 3 days it did help but is kind strong
    2 bananas and 1 cup milk each meal = means you will only eat that for breakfast lunch & dinner. that was celebritys do to fit in a dress fast for any events. it works for me.... but i recomend the Special K challege you Do lose inches if you do it right i lose the first 5 days 3 inches full body is great never got them back. :)
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    A whole cup of cottage cheese, just by itself, in one sitting, sounds f***ing disgusting.
  • Adrenaline_Junky
    Adrenaline_Junky Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A whole cup of cottage cheese, just by itself, in one sitting, sounds f***ing disgusting.

Only if you don't like cottage cheese! lol
  • porscheparcher
    Options
    I heard about it! I did it back in the day, It doesn't sound the healthiest. Sounds like water weight coming off to me! If you want advice on what worked for me add me and shoot me a message! :) I'm here for you!
  • Adrenaline_Junky
    Options
    Hey, I just want to say thanks for the responses on this post.

It's nice to see that some people are open-minded about such things; I have to mention though, I agree with some of you more than others.

My preference is to hit the gym and eat healthy, not do fad diets. However, if I do hit a plateau I can see myself trying something like the 3 Day Diet or some kind of cleanse on a short term basis to get things moving again. Key words there though… "SHORT TERM BASIS".
  • Adrenaline_Junky
    Options
    I heard about it! I did it back in the day, It doesn't sound the healthiest. Sounds like water weight coming off to me! If you want advice on what worked for me add me and shoot me a message! :) I'm here for you!

I would love to hear what worked for you, please share...
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think you mean lose 3lbs on 10 days
  • emobarbie7
    Options
    YES !! i did this diet .. it was called the heart foundation diet when i googled it. ... I put myself in hospital !!
    enough said.
    dangerous.

What happened?