When do you exercise?

Just curious as to how you all fit in your workouts if working full time? I leave home at 7am (it takes me an hour to get ready and have breakfast), and get home at 8pm. I don't get a lunch hour as such.

I'm also married to a lovely husband who gets home much earlier than me, and cooks for us, so I try not to eat into "his" time too much.

So I'm thinking I really need to get up at 5am 3 mornings a week to do a 20 minute Nerd Fitness workout.......

How do you schedule yours??

Replies

• belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    I am lucky enough to be a SAHM so I work out in the morning when the twins are down for their naps.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Days off...or the hours I have off between shifts...
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    I am lucky enough to work 3 miles away and the my gym is only about 2 miles away, but early morning workouts are the best if you can make time for them
  • nrodeback
    nrodeback Posts: 9 Member
    AM before work, get out of the way because something inevitably always comes up that will interfere with your work out plans. When I worked two jobs, I ran before work and biked to work. It was only 3 miles away but it was a great workout.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Whenever.I.Can. :wink:

I do strength training 3 days a week, and cardio 4 days a week. Usually in the morning sometime.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    I have an office 2 miles from my apartment. And my gym is half a mile away from my place too.

I get maximum sleep in the morning, so no morning workout for me. When I get home at 8-9 pm, I go to gym... Get home at about 11 pm and go to bed all tired after the exercise.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    First thing in the morning. I get up, go to the gym, then come home and have breakfast and leave for work. Its to easy to talk myself out of going later in the day....plus the gym is far less crowded in the morning. Its working for me so far, although as the mornings get colder and darker its going to get harder!
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    I workout when I get home from workout, around 3:30pm. I will occasionally get up early and workout in the am before work, if I have to. My work day including my 45 minute commute is only 8.5 hours total though. My husband travels a lot for his job so he often not home during the week, therefore no guilt about spending time with him. Not that, that would stop me from working out in the afternoon. :happy: Also my children are teenagers, one drives, a second one will soon, so I have a lot less "mom taxi" duties than someone with younger kids, plus they don't require direct supervision to take away from workout time. They are involved in multiple high school sports that keep us busy in the evenings, but I generally have time to workout and shower before I need to get to a sporting event in the evening. I know I'm luckier than a lot in regards to having the time to workout, and I'm extremely thankful for that because it has enable me to be successful on this weight loss journey!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I get up early and work out at home. Also thinking I might start biking to work.
  • I am also a SAHM, I run 3 times a week, and dio this at half six in the morning, before my husband goes to work, and on the other days I do 30DS after my youngest is in bed after tea.
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    On my days off. I work the night shift, 12 hours. I get my long walks in on my 3 days off. My schedule is a mess. I have to sleep all day in order to be up all night. It's hard to get exercise in while trying to sleep at least 6 hours :/
  • Through the years with different schedules, and a different amount of children (ha!), I have had to fit it in when I can. Last year, I got up at 4:30am and went to the YMCA before work. Now, work starts at 6am, so I have to make dinner and go while the family is eating, about 6pm. I've been known to do my workouts as late as 8pm, but that sure makes it hard to sleep. :)

Keep being intentional and dont' give up!!
  • cgjohnson248
    cgjohnson248 Posts: 7 Member
    I go to the gym at 5am Monday - Friday and workout for an hour. The kids and wife are still asleep - my work day starts at 8am.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    I have always been a night owl, so the idea of working out in the morning sounds like torture to me, I usually get to it about 7or 7:30pm.
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    During the weekdays I work out at night after the kids are in bed and my husband is at school/doing homework. Weekends I workout whenever I can, mid-day or evenings, depending on the family schedule. I'm up throughout the night caretaking for my elderly grandfather so I try to get as much sleep in as possible, early morning workouts aren't something I want to deal with. No gym membership, just an elliptical and weight machine in the garage. I also work full-time outside of the home so I understand having to schedule in exercise time.
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    On weekdays this is my schedule

I get up at 5:30 a.m
    I am off to work at 6:30 a.m
    I get home from work at 4-4:30 p.m after having picked up the kids
    I make dinner and we eat at 6 p.m
    The kids are tucked at 7-7:15 p.m
    The wife and I have together time (while sorting the house) until about 9 p.m
    Then I work out 2 evenings a week from 9-11 p.m (stationary bike at home)

Saturdays I don't work out

Sundays I go for a run in the afternoon and have a boxing session (heavy bag) in the evening
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    I walk to/from work. After work I walk the dogs then do 30DS
  • simonsayzeat
    simonsayzeat Posts: 5 Member
    I workout in the morning around 6am for 1 hour.
    I try to leave the house at 7:45 and get to work around 9am-9:20am.
    I get off work at 6pm-6:15pm and get back home about 7:45pm-8pm.
    Eat dinner about 8:30 and go to sleep 12am-1am.
    I wake up at 5:30am-5:45am

That's my cycle

My weekends I do not workout.
  • If you make it a priority, you will find the time somehow. Exercise at Curves 3 days a week, walk 2 miles every night, exercise at home with a work DVD on my non-Curves days.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    I do my workouts in the afternoon or in the evening. I am NOT a morning person!