Do you cheat?

Options
13»

Replies

• Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days or meals. I prefer treat meals or items, worked in, as I feel I can and it won't hurt me. You aren't going to never have your favorite foods, you just have to do things differently.
    I know for me, I would go crazy without sushi, and I have it about twice a month. In December it may be more due to friends & family coming to visit, and I am ok with that. I'll walk longer, and veggie out my other meals :)
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't have planned cheat days. I think it's still early days for me that I feel like any kind of cheat days or days where I get too lenient with myself will set me back since I'm just starting out. But there are days that happen - especially during family functions where I can't exactly count the calories - that I try to do my best and I'm not too hard on myself. I do also try to work just that little bit harder later that day or the next day.
  • amrozes
    Options
    I don't. Using the word cheat makes it sound negative. Like many others who have posted, if I must have it, I just work it into my calories for the day. If it is something that is above my calorie goals for the day (give or take 100 or so calories), then I only eat half a serving. I find that I usually only want half anyway .... it really is true that nothing tastes as good as being thin feels....
  • stockholmhasago
    Options
    Sundays I don't work out so I'm a bit more lax with what I eat. I don't go overboard and do anything nutty, but I won't turn down the offer of pizza, either. And then the rest of the week, I'm a bit more anal.
    Because changing a lifestyle is still about realizing you'll still eat something unhealthy every now and then.
  • mikurulove10
    Options
    Yes, I do...
    However, I eat as healthily as I can outside of said "cheats", so I feel as if I earned it, yknow?
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    NOPE. Cheat on what? This is a lifestyle change. Not a diet. There is nothing to cheat on. You know (or should learn) what is good and bad and make your choices from that.

What she said. Diet and exercise.
  • tpayne0453
    Options
    Anyone that says they don't "cheat" is probably taking it out of context....Like for me, I go wayyyyy over for either lunch or dinner at least twice a week because of my lack of will power. But I always try and make up as many calories as I can to reduce to the overage...I also try not to eat my gained exercise calories on a regular basis.

Feel free to add me
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If I do, I workout even harder so I never go over my calories!!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    My eating plan motto is this. Everything is permisible, not everything is beneficial. So I don't have to have a "cheat" day becuse nothing is off limits. However, I am informing myself about nutrition information on everything I eat, BEFORE I eat it. Then I am deciding if it's worth what it costs me. And if it has no real nutritional value, I'm thinking long and hard before I eat it. I eat what makes sense to me. And I work to stay within my calorie goals, but more importantly I'm focusing on what has nutritional benefit for me before I just think "yummy, I'm gonna eat this".
  • MaryBOP
    Options
    I think most of yall are not getting the point, I'm doing pretty well with my diet, but I miss the food i love food. When I say cheat that means I will be going over my 1200cal a day limit, as in I will by a pizza hut stuffed crust pizza, whole cakes, wings, and eat it all, of course in moderations, yall are taking it too serious. Have fun with your diet.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I think most of yall are not getting the point, I'm doing pretty well with my diet, but I miss the food i love food. When I say cheat that means I will be going over my 1200cal a day limit, as in I will by a pizza hut stuffed crust pizza, whole cakes, wings, and eat it all, of course in moderations, yall are taking it too serious. Have fun with your diet.
    Taking what too seriously?? Your question, or our personal choices that you asked for?
  • larncy
    larncy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    First of I'd like to say I don't like to call it a "cheat day" , I used to call it a "Treat Day". This was generally my weigh in day or the day after. And I did this mainly becuz I was such a junk food addict....So I went from eating it every day to just treating myself once a week. And I lost 30 lbs doing that. I used to eat alot of pop, choc, potato chips, take out, etc. And I craved it so much I allowed myself to pick one day to "treat" myself to it and let me tell you it was the best I ever ate on those days!! LOL I savored every mouthful of whatever it was. However, after awhile of eating healthier and seeing results I started following this site and I don't really have do it anymore. I have learned you can eat what you want as long as you log in. The thing is now I am finding myself questioning do I wanna waste my calories on that and then I'm screwed for the day. So now on days when I know I am gonna have treats I still have a healthy lunch or whatever and still plan around my calories. Theres gonna be days harder than others...thats life!! But again as someone else said its a lifestyle change...one day or one week isn't gonna mess up the big picture..if your on vaca and wanna splurge or go out one night and just not care..do it sometimes, enjoy it and jump back on again tomorrow..its life!! But you will find the longer you are on your journey....these cravings for treats become less and your idea of takeout could be subway or your choc fix could be a granola bar!! Do what makes you happy and what works for YOU!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat because I'm not on a diet. Diets are temporary. I am making conscious choices about what I am eating. Sometimes I choose to eat less healthily than others, but it is not cheating. Its living. Normally.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

No, I understood perfectly; I always stay within my goals. Since July, I've gone over maybe four and it wasn't to splurge- it was just the situation at the time. I take in between 1400-1800 depending on the day and don't crave anything enough to go over. I eat healthy but I also eat rubbish foods too. I have cinnamon rolls in the pantry and ice cream in the freezer. I had pizza last night. I drank with friends last weekend. I take my desire to be happy and healthy seriously, but I sure don't deprive myself.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    no we just share H*r
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    yep, every sunday without fail.