Girls only

Options

Replies

• missashley2390
    Options
    turn offs : not respectful, mean spirited, angry, never smiles, no motivation, heartless, putting everyone down, excessive drinking/smoking, player

turn ons: being a great guy, wonderful sense of humour, kind, always smiling, motivated in many aspects of life and love, romantic, loving, sweet natured, strong, sensitive, shows emotion, protective, caring, fun, fun, fun, genuine and honest, truthful and has an open heart

that ought to do it lol

my exact thoughts!
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Turn off - Douche Canoe

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • malery06
    malery06 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    turn on would be the way he carrys himself
    turn off a show off that thinks hes better than others
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    Traditional manners--opening doors for me, deferring to me in lines (especially in church at communion time,) financial stability, good hygeine, great smell, loyalty. For me, I like dominate men--a little control doesn't bother me. I like to know that he is in control and that I am safe in his protectiveness.

Turn off to me are not working, drinking to excess, poor hygiene especially oral care, fake sincerity, not dressing to the occasion, mean attitudes or disrespect in any way, etc.
  • Francesca3434
    Options
    turn ons: funny, smart, sexy, confident! (without acting like an *kitten*)

low confidence or insecurity is definitely a turn off, as well as being rude or us having nothing at all to talk about...
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Attractive things: Being a good person, thinks family is important, good hygiene
    Unattractive things: Smelliness, jealousy, snobiness, sexism
  • musclemama2
    Options
    Genuine confidence is a must . A little cocky can be cute but not to much. Lack of confidence is a turn off. That and farting/burping. Be a gentleman.
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    The smile is what usually gets me first. Humor and intelligence are also very important. It also helps if you have something in common so you can build on it. I usually go for the clean-cut, nerdy type.

And I agree with most of the others with turn-offs: Being overly cocky, smoking, lots of tattoos, etc.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Attractive things: Being a good person, thinks family is important, good hygiene
    Unattractive things: Smelliness, jealousy, snobiness, sexism

This.
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    Truth be told, I wasn't initially attracted to my bf when I first met him (hopefully he doesn't ever read this!), but then we started talking and I found out he's quirky and not afraid to show it. He's passionate and not money-driven. His dad is his best friend.
    He likes to dress nice and smell good, that's just a perk :P

turn-offs: arrogance (there's a difference between being confident and being arrogant. the earlier you learn it, the better off you'll be!); ed hardy clothes (personal opinion, some people like it, i'm not one of them); drugs
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Turn ons: Being friendly, smiling a lot, beards, absence of vanity.

Turn offs: Being totally sh*tfaced, douchey friends.

Edit: Turn off: Wearing Crocs.
  • ai1992
    ai1992 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Turn ons: A man who is SMART. Dumb guys really turn me off... big time. A guy who is confident in himself and knows what he wants out of life, doesn't LIE (thats a huge one!!), a guy who can joke around and not be critical of himself or others. And for me with looks, I like the taller lengthy type of guy with a little bit of nerdiness in him. But I think everyone has a nerd side to them, just depends on if a man is.. man enough to show it! I've got different taste than most- but oh well. (:

Turn offs: SMOKING, guys that take pictures of themselves and post it on facebook constantly- I'm a girl, and I don't even do that. Guys that are too into themselves, guys that are rude to others to act cool in front of me or their friends. Oh, and guys that lie. Said that earler. But its huge. Can you tell I've had a cheater as an ex? (:
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    he needs to be stable.. have a job and WANT to keep working to better his life. must have a decent amount of money so i can be a stay at home wife, with a good allowance that he gives me for things I need on a daily basis and some more. A family man. Does not go out but once a month with his boys (meaning he would rather be with me) not playing video games 24-7!!! staying home with me but actually giving me 3 hours for a movie or dinner with me then he can do his thing at home.. someone taller than me. gives me compliments.! doesnt argue or get jealous but still makes u feel as though he is protecting u and watching over u... and i like spiky hair alot. and humor is also a huge one... but communication is key to any man.... and he cant be a cheater he has to be very loyal.

that being said, dear lord please bring that type of man into my life and ask him to marry me and live happily ever after!!! hahaha... cuz im sure as hell positive that man doesnt exist... Amen...
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    They must smell good.
    They must clean their ears, I can not tolerate earwax it grosses me out.
    They need to wear clean clothes, not stained( I'm referring to nonwork or workout clothes of course).
    They must be polite and respectful.
    They have to have a good work ethic , I don't care what their chosen profession is but they must be motivated at it, even if it is stay at home dad basically they must be a usefull member of society.
    They can't be mean or nasty to anyone.
    Absolutely no drugs.

The should be able to have a good time.

As far as looks my tastes run the gamut, if I showed you a line up of my former flames you would never guess the same girl dated them all lol. Blond hair, black hair, brown hair, long hair, short hair, tall, short, skinny, stocky, muscles, wirey. Whatever :bigsmile:
  • Adilts814
    Options
    Turn on: funny, cooking skills, shower me with compliments
    Turn off: chewing sounds, telling me I am wrong in front if friends and family
  • fillesaine
    Options
    I love it when a guy loves his parents, is generally positive, and has a passion for life, even if he doesn't know what his career will be yet! I am a Christian, so a man with a strong faith is most important of all. It is nice when he likes to go for walks or bike rides and when he enjoys a good cuddle by the fire with an old book!
    Turnoffs...showing off makes me dislike a guy instantly. It is so childish and immature. A guy who is decently confident (but not arrogant!) and who doesn't live for attention is very attractive.
    One more thing...just for the record, it is NOT attractive when guys show their boxers--who wants to see that???
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Turn on: Cheesy jokes, doesn't take himself seriously, strong (mentally and physically)

Turn off: complaining, the phrase "is everything ok?", jealousy/hot headed
  • Curvybuthealthy
    Options
    Turn Ons-- Sense of humor, Music Taste, Smell, Eyes, Pays attention, outgoing, adventurous, complimentary, Cooks!

Turn Offs-- doesn't like animals/ holidays, doesn't get along with my friends, makes me feel like i need to impress him
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    looks- an infectious smile and twinkle in the eye
    personality-a good sense of humor, thoughtful, generous and chivalrous, respectful, has integrity

I have a whole list actually
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Attraction: Shyness, modesty, derranged sense of humor, workaholic, bookworm, likes video games, handy-men, outdoorsy (northern), real-life smarts, scientists, likes college football (my team), health conscious but not half as bad as me...

Not interested: Beach bums, over-glorifying junk food, stubbornness, poets, hippies, reckless spenders, hates dogs...