Relationship question! Just for fun

Options

Replies

• bahrainbel_2
    Options
    I had a chemistry with him the moment I met him, I loved him after our first weekend together, 48 hours it took me to fall in love.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    A month after our initial meeting, but we were both young and didn't think "we were the one" - we remained friends and the military sent us off on our seperate ways for 3yrs. Ran back into each other in April, went on a date and we really tried to keep it as a "summer fling" but love had other plans!! By the end of the summer we were in love and planning on moving in together, engaged 9 months after our first "official" date, married 9 months after that and we just celebrated 12yrs!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    30 minutes....not exaggerating.
    I met him when I was 17, he was 22. Met a McDonalds. He called me that night, got engaged on my 18th birthday, got married 2 years after that, just celebrated our 20th anniversary this past Sept.

wow that's a movie !
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Within a month. Unfortunately she never did realise it and left after two.
    She sucks bro. A good one will come along...i know it's very rare but it will happen hahaha
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit on the slow side...I was 13 when we met, I knew he was it by 15, now I'm 32 and he's still the one and we're still not together. We're working on changing that, though.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    3 days after I met my sweetheart on match.com we went on our first date. I fell in love with him over dinner and knew he was the one when he kissed me. The connection was completely unmistakable and we've been happy ever since :smile:
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    6months in and still don't know whether she is

I'd stop wasting both of your time...if you don't know by now...she isn't the one.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Sounds cliche, but before I ever spoke a word to him. I saw him walking on the other side of the road and just knew that he was it, he was the one. And now, 7 years and two kids later he certainly has been <3
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had a feeling within a few days that he was something special, it didn't really hit me until a few months later though.

Unfortunately he's not my s/o, and never will be. But he is the best friend I could ever ask for, I know he'll always be there for me, and I'll take that :happy:
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    1 year after we dated, we were side by side for at least 10 hours a day unless one of us had to work..

thought she was the one till she cheated on me when I went to boot camp, sigh.. I tried. Oh well guess Ill stay single forever. :)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Sounds cliche, but before I ever spoke a word to him. I saw him walking on the other side of the road and just knew that he was it, he was the one. And now, 7 years and two kids later he certainly has been <3

So there is hope for me right? LOL
    I saw a guy at work the other day. I made eye contact with him while I was going in the doors, he was coming out the ones beside me. It was instant for me. Like, woah, who is he? Have to find out more, this is seriously weird chemistry.......type deal.

Oddly enough, he's a blond (which i've never been attracted to), wears glasses (also has never been an attraction) and is just "average"........yet i'm all bejiggity about it.

I've seen him here and there around the building a couple more times, never really close enough to say anything (or he was already in conversation) and I seriously get weak in the knees

LOL

However, I'm pretty sure he drives a minivan, so i can only assume he's married. Just my luck :)
  • Sbaby74
    Options

I'd stop wasting both of your time...if you don't know by now...she isn't the one.

WoW I'm sorry but am I the only one that finds this harsh and the comment before where someone told him point blank "she not" to me was just rude. It's only been 6 months , not everyone has love at first sight for some people it takes time. Don't be so quick to give up.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options

WoW I'm sorry but am I the only one that finds this harsh and the comment before where someone told him point blank "she not" to me was just rude. It's only been 6 months , not everyone has love at first sight for some people it takes time. Don't be so quick to give up.

Haha nice :)
  • Sbaby74
    Options

So there is hope for me right? LOL
    I saw a guy at work the other day. I made eye contact with him while I was going in the doors, he was coming out the ones beside me. It was instant for me. Like, woah, who is he? Have to find out more, this is seriously weird chemistry.......type deal.

Oddly enough, he's a blond (which i've never been attracted to), wears glasses (also has never been an attraction) and is just "average"........yet i'm all bejiggity about it.

I've seen him here and there around the building a couple more times, never really close enough to say anything (or he was already in conversation) and I seriously get weak in the knees

LOL

However, I'm pretty sure he drives a minivan, so i can only assume he's married. Just my luck :)

Check him out some more, find out for sure. Mini van doesn't have to mean married, it could just be he needed something to drive and that was the best deal he found, I've seen plenty of single guys drive mini vans. Or he could be a single dad. Anyways good luck, hope something good comes out of it for you
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    The first time I met her sober.

I guess we had met before, but I was too drunk to remember her. but apparently I made an impression because I remember noticing her from across the room and thinking wow, that girl is the perfect amount of cool, fun, and sexy. then she came up and started talking to me like we were old friends. we go married a little over 2 months later, that was 12 years ago.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Honestly this idea of 'love at first sight' and/or 'knowing' someone is right for you is really Disney inspired and sometimes detrimental. Sometimes you won't EVER know for certain that they're 'the ONE', but that's okay. Sometimes there's no such thing as 'the ONE'. Sometimes that's just a fairy tale they tell little girls.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I've seen plenty of single guys drive mini vans. Or he could be a single dad.

ohhh wouldn't that be lovely? lol :)

in the mean time, i'll keep dreaming LOL :)
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

Bad advice right there. Just read through this thread and you'll see that plenty of happily married/together people didn't know within the first 6 months.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Honestly this idea of 'love at first sight' and/or 'knowing' someone is right for you is really Disney inspired and sometimes detrimental. Sometimes you won't EVER know for certain that they're 'the ONE', but that's okay. Sometimes there's no such thing as 'the ONE'. Sometimes that's just a fairy tale they tell little girls.

But sometimes its not and its true. Fairytales can come true! If you don't feel they are the one.... get out quick or just enjoy the ride for a while but realize you may be wasting your time finding the right person!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    still waiting.... lol :flowerforyou:

No really, I knew that my husband was going to be my husband, when he pinned me up against the wall to give me my first kiss! LOL - Oh yeh baby! :drinker: