Relationship question! Just for fun

Options

Replies

• delaney056
    Options
    Wow, didn't expect to get this many responses! I love these stories, haha. & in no way was I implying a 'love at first sight' type of thing...I was honestly just curious.
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    For me it was the first time we hooked up. I just thought "this is the man that will have my babies."

Sadly due to circumstances we are no longer together after 4yrs and he will one day regret the opportunity he missed.
  • Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well....I HOPED my husband was the one from the time we decided to get engaged (after 8 months of dating). I KNOW he is the one, now after 6 years of marriage. Our love has grown, we have two children, and now I truly can't imagine a life without him. I think it is hard to actually know until you are in the midst of it because people can change, they can grow apart, and experiences/situations can divide even the strongest couples. Also, we were 18 when we married, and we have both faced multiple times where we wondered if it was the right decision. You really have to work through it if you want that happily ever after.
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I don't really believe in the whole "love at first sight" thing...if it has worked for you than perfect, I'm just not a firm believer in it.

I met my boyfriend 3 years ago while he was "engaged" to some slut.. and my brothers best friend. When his fiance left him, he was pretty depressed for a while. Two months later I agreed to hang out with him..always thinking he was a little bit off. The first night we hung out he didn't try anything with me like most guys will try to do. He was polite and ONLY kissed me when he left my house for the night. That is when I knew he was someone special. Now I didn't think he was "the one" at that moment but I was heed over heels in lust with him. Fast forward a few months the moment he told me he loved me we were laying there I leaned over him to get my phone and he just looked at me and told me he loved me in the cutest way. I said what. hahhaha probably not the answer he was expecting but I didn't know how to react. It had caught me so off guard. That was when I realized I really did love him too...the second he told my brother he was going to marry me is what did it for me. I've been DEEPLY in love with him ever since then which was around our 6 month mark I'd say. We have been together almost 2 years now and I'm still in love with him as much as I was then...being 500 miles away from him at the moment is only making our relationship that much stronger. He tells me almost everyday how he wants to be with me for the rest of his life...and I absolutely feel the same.
  • thatsillyshana
    Options
    I knew the moment I met him, but we didn't date until 4 years later. I say its because I saw the potential, but he wasnt where I needed him to be yet and also because it was high school and boys are pretty dumb in high school. <3
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    During our first date I remember thinking/feeling that there was something very familiar about him and it was like we just clicked. I think it took a couple of weeks until I was able to actually tell him how I felt but he knew because he kept catching me looking at him like I wanted to say something but was afraid to. In fact, he was the one that finally brought it up asking "you love me, don't you?". I also told him about a month in that while I was single (took a 2 year break from relationships after having far too many in my teen years) I had this thought about wishing I could find a guy who was a combination of all the good things about my exes and he pretty much fit the bill. He still remembers me saying that too...it really touched him.

And 15 years later, we're still pretty crazy about each other. :)

ETA: A little more background - we met at a club and pretty much just danced and made out all night, not a whole lot of talking. Apparently I made an impression on him though because he called me the next day at 9am and wanted to meet up. LOL! Obviously that showed he was pretty interested from the very beginning too.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I had been through a divorce, and I told my sweetheart from the very beginning that I was not interested in a serious relationship. I just wanted to hang out and have fun. After about a year of hanging out and having fun with him...
    I was the ADON at a local nursing home, and one of my responsibilities was staffing. There was one night that we were very short on nurse's aides, I could not find anyone to come in, and I had to go help out the 11p-7a shift. My sweetheart had planned to come see me that night after he got off from work (I lived 50 miles from him), he was already on his way, and neither of us had cell phones then. When he got to my house, I told him he was welcome to hang out and make himself at home there.
    Instead, he came with me to work that night. After working a 12 hr shift in the hospital that day, he spent the night helping me turn and clean the immobile residents, answer call lights, pass out water pitchers, and whatever else he could do. When he got too tired to continue, he laid down on the floor of my office to take a nap.
    When I saw him at the end of the hall pushing the water pitcher cart and listened to him visiting with one of the residents who was awake...that was the moment when I knew he was a special guy, and I had to hang on to him.
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    for me it took a couple months.. I had 3 children from previous relationship so I'm very careful about who I bring around my kids.. I like to take things slowly..
  • Katt1320
    Katt1320 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Oh, about 2 years before our first date :)

Now we've been together for 2 years :)
  • Katt1320
    Katt1320 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Part of the reason I want to do this whole thing. Nothing makes you want to take the best care of yourself like love :)<3
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Interesting to hear all the responses. I've done some reading on the subject (does not make me an expert) and have been married for 22 years (makes me more of an expert than what I've read).

My wife and I dated for 3 months before I proposed. We were married 6 months later. And when you see we've been married for 22 years, you might think: "Wow, they were meant to be together!" The problem is that we were also very close to divorce at one point.

Most people, when they first meet someone they are attracted to (like call it infatuation), tend to look at behaviors from this person that would normally drive them crazy as cute, or something that can be changed. During the infatuation period, the rose colored glasses are not allowing you to see those things that would normally bother you.

Fast forward about 2 years where the infatuation in gone - not saying you don't love the person, but the newness is gone and you now know this person very well. Those little things that you thought were cute or that you could change are still there, but now they bug you or piss you off.

For some, these things become deal breakers. For others, these things are something that just need to be dealt with and accepted.

From what I've read, which I believe to be true based on personal experience: you don't really "know" someone until you get past the infatuation period. And this can take between 6 months and 2 years. So I do not believe it is even possible to know someone is the right one until after the infatuation period is over.

Just my 2 cents.
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    At first, I wasn't attracted to him at all. I was far from looking for someone. We became good friends. He would drive 6hrs every weekend to come hang out. Then, we had a date a few mths later. I still wasn't really thinking of him as anything more than a friend. He became close to my son (who was 1 at the time) and they were buddies. One night I watched him playing with him and then it hit me like a TON OF BRICKS. It was the craziest thing ever. From that moment on I was love sick. Lol. Then he moved out here to be with us. God had it all planned out :)
  • Polparrot
    Polparrot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Came to my house for the evening....never left and that was 17 years ago!
  • matthew8387
    Options
    i realized my hand was for me when i figured out that no one can do for me what i can do for me!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    First time I saw him . . . we were 12. It took 14 years for us to grow up enough to give it a shot.
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I was head over heels before we even started dating! LOL. He worked with my dad and I was attracted to him from the start. Once we started dating, things just clicked. It was probably a few weeks in before I was sure it was the "real deal" 3 years this past November 1st!
  • suckerlove
    Options
    A few months in we had a perfect day and I knew.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I knew the moment I saw her (hadn't met yet) that she would be someone of significance in my life, I had no idea HOW significant. I was engaged to a man at the time but slowly working my way out of the relationship. (nice guy, long story, just not the one for me)

Edited to add: We celebrated our 10th anniversary last August.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Actually, before we met I suspected (we could not stay off the phone, from morning to night. fall asleep on it. for weeks.).

First "date" was a week long. Then he dropped me off. (he lived a few hours away) One weekend a part and then he came back. We realized we could not stand being a part at all. We have never left each others side since! (except military training, work, etc.) Got married after about a year. Married 3 years and its still the same.
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    It's cheesy, but when my sister and I were in the hospital for a kidney transplant, and he knew it had all finally hit me and honestly, I was scared. He climbed into the hospital bed next to me, put his arms around me, and just prayed out loud. At that point, I just knew. That was a little over 2 years ago, and we're still going strong!